Taylor Hendricks trade value?

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,856

Taylor Hendricks trade value? 

Post#1 » by theBigLip » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:26 pm

Hi. Pistons fan here. I was hoping we would have drafted Hendricks, but it didn’t happen. Regardless, we could still use someone that fits the timeline of our young core and has his skill set.

First question - is he over rated? Is there an issue why he isn’t playing?

Second question, what would it take to get him in a trade?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Re: Taylor Hendricks trade value? 

Post#2 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:10 am

theBigLip wrote:Hi. Pistons fan here. I was hoping we would have drafted Hendricks, but it didn’t happen. Regardless, we could still use someone that fits the timeline of our young core and has his skill set.

Hard to say if he's over rated or not because we haven't seen him play almost at all. He missed summer league and that didn't help. He isn't playing because there are a lot of good and established players ahead of him on the roster in Markkanen, Olynyk and Collins. So unless the Jazz move some players in a trade, he is unlikely to see a lot of playing time. He's probably a project for this season, and I think playing in the d-league will do him good.

As for a trade, that's a good question. You wouldn't give up any of Ausar Thompson, Ivey, Cunningham, or Duren (which is not in a position of need for the Jazz) so it's difficult. Essentially, you're not going to give up a promising young player who was a high pick in return (please don't try to sell us on Sasser of Hayes), so the only thing left would be a high (probably unprotected) first round pick.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,757

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:47 pm

theBigLip wrote:Hi. Pistons fan here. I was hoping we would have drafted Hendricks, but it didn’t happen. Regardless, we could still use someone that fits the timeline of our young core and has his skill set.

Send us a top 3 protected pick. Done deal.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#4 » by theBigLip » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:06 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:

Hard to say if he's over rated or not because we haven't seen him play almost at all. He missed summer league and that didn't help. He isn't playing because there are a lot of good and established players ahead of him on the roster in Markkanen, Olynyk and Collins. So unless the Jazz move some players in a trade, he is unlikely to see a lot of playing time. He's probably a project for this season, and I think playing in the d-league will do him good.

As for a trade, that's a good question. You wouldn't give up any of Ausar Thompson, Ivey, Cunningham, or Duren (which is not in a position of need for the Jazz) so it's difficult. Essentially, you're not going to give up a promising young player who was a high pick in return (please don't try to sell us on Sasser of Hayes), so the only thing left would be a high (probably unprotected) first round pick.

Thanks for the response. A draft pick makes sense and something for a salary match.

On a side note, take another look at Sassar. We got him at #25 - I think he is at minimum a backup PG on a good team. Regardless, Pistons still have issues and not getting many wins
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#5 » by theBigLip » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:14 pm

AingesBurner wrote:

Top 4 at least since there are 4 “winners” in the lottery. Hendrix was picked 13th so that still might be a little rich. Pistons would also need to negotiate with the Knicks to remove protections on their FRPs. But it seems like something could be done. Pistons are not going anywhere this year, might as well try to get another asset.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#6 » by SmokeyPaw » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:42 pm

theBigLip wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

Top 4 at least since there are 4 “winners” in the lottery. Hendrix was picked 13th so that still might be a little rich. Pistons would also need to negotiate with the Knicks to remove protections on their FRPs. But it seems like something could be done. Pistons are not going anywhere this year, might as well try to get another asset.

Would either side be interested in a Hendricks/Ivey based trade? Ivey may have a higher ceilng but Hendricks seems like a good fit in detroit
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Post#7 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:50 pm

theBigLip wrote:Hendrix was picked 13th so that still might be a little rich.

Hendricks was picked at #9.

theBigLip wrote:On a side note, take another look at Sassar. We got him at #25 - I think he is at minimum a backup PG on a good team. Regardless, Pistons still have issues and not getting many wins

No disrespect to Sasser but what I meant was that trying to sell us on the 25th pick to get the 9th pick is not something that's going to work. That's an Ainge tactic and you can't ish an isher. It's like the Jazz inquiring on Ausar Thompson and saying to Pistons fans to take another look at Sensabaugh - he's at minimum a backup SF on a good team.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#8 » by theBigLip » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:40 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
theBigLip wrote:Hendrix was picked 13th so that still might be a little rich.

Hendricks was picked at #9.

theBigLip wrote:On a side note, take another look at Sassar. We got him at #25 - I think he is at minimum a backup PG on a good team. Regardless, Pistons still have issues and not getting many wins

No disrespect to Sasser but what I meant was that trying to sell us on the 25th pick to get the 9th pick is not something that's going to work. That's an Ainge tactic and you can't ish an isher. It's like the Jazz inquiring on Ausar Thompson and saying to Pistons fans to take another look at Sensabaugh - he's at minimum a backup SF on a good team.

Thanks for the correction on the pick number :oops:

Understand about Sassar. A typical Pistons trade attempt (and I’ve done a few) would be Wiseman, Hayes and a SRP. That’s not going to get it done.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#9 » by theBigLip » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:45 pm

SmokeyPaw wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

Would either side be interested in a Hendricks/Ivey based trade? Ivey may have a higher ceilng but Hendricks seems like a good fit in detroit

Hendricks/Ivey would be interesting. Seems fair. We have too many guards anyway. He’s being put in every Detroit trade this year since he isn’t starting because he doesn’t play smart D. He has the tools so our coach is just pushing him. I think that’s a good approach. But if Hendricks can shoot and defend the 4, he would help a lot.
jazzvintage
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#10 » by jazzvintage » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:11 am

Who's Hendricks? :roll:
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 983

Post#11 » by red4hf » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:27 am

Hendricks had a pretty good game last night, according to the box score......
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,028

Post#12 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:48 pm

I doubt that the Jazz would entertain trading Hendricks right now. He has physical and promising atributes and skills of being that modern prototypical combo forward who can shoot and guard the paint and in space that is so greatly valued right now. I think as Jazz fans that we have forgotten that he has the highest upside of any of our picks.
HeXeR
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#13 » by HeXeR » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:34 am

Do you have a spare ham sandwich lying around? With mustard maybe? That's probably about right at this point.

Return to Utah Jazz