Game 59: Utah Jazz (27-31) @ Atlanta Hawks (25-32)

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 983

Re: Game 59: Utah Jazz (27-31) @ Atlanta Hawks (25-32) 

Post#21 » by red4hf » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:36 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
On the whole he played a bit over his season average for minutes per game in the last 5 games, but what of it? If the young guys are getting significant playing time, what's the issue?

That he hasn't earned his minutes, that in many instances he makes the team worse...... And that's coming from one is true fans.......

If we're trying to win, Clarkson should be playing less....... If we're tryin g to develop young players, Clarkson should be playing less.....

Well, we can see that Hardy is able to develop young players while playing Clarkson, as evident by the minutes they're getting since the trade deadline (and in the cases of George and Kessler even before).

I do think Hardy is still trying to win and while I don't have an issue with the stance that Clarkson should play less, Hardy obviously thinks he shouldn't whether we like it or not and that his minutes are earned. I suppose it's one of those things that we can't see from the outside, like how he does in practice, leadership, setting example for other players, etc. Sure, he can shoot the team out of a game but that's how he's always been. I think losing Olynyk's passing just makes things more difficult for him and for Markkanen as they're getting less open looks and easy baskets.

If it's any consolation, my bet is that he'll be traded in the offseason.

I don't want to make it seem like I want Hardy fired, or Clarkson traded, I don't want either of those things..... I'm just frustrated by this whole situation, we decide to "tank" with 30n games left? We trade for Collins, whom i have no issues with, but knowing that he's a terrible fit next to Kessler?

I don't get any of it, I don't like it and I'm frustrated........
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 461

Re: Game 59: Utah Jazz (27-31) @ Atlanta Hawks (25-32) 

Post#22 » by bkohler » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:50 pm

I think the writing is on the wall that Clarkson won't be with the team next year. Tony Jones had an article the other day saying as much, it sounds like both the team and Clarkson are ready to move on.

Return to Utah Jazz