CJ and Ronnie

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

CJ and Ronnie 

Post#1 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:18 pm

I tried to find a thread that had something with CJ in it, but I couldnt find one that wasnt out of whack or had some type of Kobe comparison. I just thought I would post the numbers both have been putting up since Gira got canned in Charlotte.

CJ-

12.3 ppg (5.7)
56% FG (49%)
57% 3pt (46%)
73% FT (80%)
0.9 spg (0.6)

Ronnie-

8.7 ppg (12.6)
54 % FG (53%)
0% 3pt (19%) (may I note he hasnt hit one since Nov. 19th)
75% FT (77%)
1.4 spg (2.1)

( ) Denotes season averages.

Do you think Ronnie has hit a wall or does it have more to do with the emergence of CJ and Korver? Secondly lets do a contender, pretender with CJ and Ronnie and who do you think is set to take a tailspin or will they both continue to contribute as well or better then their season avg.
Jazzercise
Ballboy

Post#2 » by Jazzercise » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:25 pm

I don't think Ronnie has necessarily hit a wall, I just think that him and CJ present different scoring techniques. Ronnie likes to take it to the hole and create while CJ is primarily used as a jump shooter. I know we are beginning to have some issues with minutes at the 2 spot, I think that we need to phase Harprings minutes completely out of the game and replace this minutes with one of the twos.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#3 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:40 pm

Really I think it's just been CJ playing well, forcing brewer out of the game, and since Ronnie is a slasher he doesnt get the same chances to put up points like CJ and now Korver do. Ronnie or CJ at point should be tried sometime IMO.
d-will8
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#4 » by d-will8 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:45 pm

I don't think Ronnie's hit a wall. His minutes have been less consistent, but he's still had some good games lately. Last night, for example, he played very well, but got 19 minutes instead of 30. I think we could and should open more minutes up for our twos not only by decreasing Harpring's minutes, but also by giving C.J. or Ronnie the minutes backing up Deron and by giving AK some minutes at power forward, which would mean giving Boozer all of the minutes backing up Okur at center. It just sucks to see Hart and Collins sucking up and essentially wasting 15-18 minutes a night when we've got so many vastly superior players struggling to get sufficient playing time. Sloan needs to be more creative with rotation, abandon conventional notions about position and put his best players on the floor.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#5 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:52 pm

While that is true I could really see Hart being a gira type player complaing about never seeing the floor, collins would kinda just sit in the corner and not do anything about it, but would hurt on the inside.
Jazzercise
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Jazzercise » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:00 pm

Just makes you wonder why we got rid of Dee Brown :( :nonono: :banghead: :crazy: :noway: :cry: :x
Rive
Junior

Post#7 » by Rive » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:21 pm

Jazzercise wrote:Just makes you wonder why we got rid of Dee Brown :( :nonono: :banghead: :crazy: :noway: :cry: :x

Have you even watched a Jazz game this year? Jason Hart is the best on ball defender we have. I am so sick and tired of people whining about Dee Brown being gone. Jason Hart isn't a exactly a 'solid' backup... but he is better than Dee Brown was. I don't know what the numbers are, but I know that he has definitely played better defense than Dee did.

Quit whining about Dee Brown.... there are about 15 Dee Browns running around the free agent market and overseas leagues. Short little guys that can run fast and that is all. Oh, he was such a nice guy though, he deserves a contract from us... :crazy: ?

Look, I don't necessarily like Jason Hart... but he has been the best and most consistent defender we've had this season.... and he is definitely a hell of a lot better than Dee "All I can do is run fast and smile big" Brown.
Malone Strong
Banned User

Post#8 » by Malone Strong » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:12 am

Rive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Have you even watched a Jazz game this year? Jason Hart is the best on ball defender we have.

Look, I don't necessarily like Jason Hart...

Are you sure?? Because this post makes it sounds like you want to get on your knees for him:

but he has been the best and most consistent defender we've had this season....
d-will8
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#9 » by d-will8 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:40 am

Have you even watched a Jazz game this year? Jason Hart is the best on ball defender we have. I am so sick and tired of people whining about Dee Brown being gone. Jason Hart isn't a exactly a 'solid' backup... but he is better than Dee Brown was. I don't know what the numbers are, but I know that he has definitely played better defense than Dee did.

Quit whining about Dee Brown.... there are about 15 Dee Browns running around the free agent market and overseas leagues. Short little guys that can run fast and that is all. Oh, he was such a nice guy though, he deserves a contract from us... :crazy: ?

Look, I don't necessarily like Jason Hart... but he has been the best and most consistent defender we've had this season.... and he is definitely a hell of a lot better than Dee "All I can do is run fast and smile big" Brown.

I won't argue about Hart's defense; it's pretty good. However, while Dee's size limits his defensive effectiveness on occasion, he is a quick and feisty defender and is better than Hart at basically every other facet of the game. He's a better ballhandler, a better passer, a better shooter, a better leader, a better teammate, a better finisher, and a bigger spark off of the bench. He's obviously better in transition and he knows the system better. Yes, he's short, but he brings more to the table than Hart does. He's not just a fast, nice guy; he's a fast, nice guy with all of the tools to be the perfect backup to Deron.
Da110n0rcutt
Junior

one quick comment 

Post#10 » by Da110n0rcutt » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:02 am

Did you hear before the game against the Sixers, Locke and Nissalke were talking and I can't remember who but one of them said Ronnie Brewer when they played the Lakers last was apologizing to Kobe each time he hit him or touched him. Now if thsi is true, we need someone alot more tough, we need someone to knock Kobe on his a** and just look at him on the floor so he will be a little more respectful he tries to drive. We really need some bruisers not some softies.

And if it wasn't one of them that said it, it was Hot Rod said in on 'A Game' with Alema and Dave.
“We’re a playoff team, just not a championship team..I think we still need a couple more pieces and until we get those pieces.." - Deron Williams
Malone Strong
Banned User

Re: one quick comment 

Post#11 » by Malone Strong » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:42 am

Da110n0rcutt wrote:Did you hear before the game against the Sixers, Locke and Nissalke were talking and I can't remember who but one of them said Ronnie Brewer when they played the Lakers last was apologizing to Kobe each time he hit him or touched him. Now if thsi is true, we need someone alot more tough, we need someone to knock Kobe on his a** and just look at him on the floor so he will be a little more respectful he tries to drive. We really need some bruisers not some softies.

And if it wasn't one of them that said it, it was Hot Rod said in on 'A Game' with Alema and Dave.

We did have that guy. His name was Raja Bell....and Bozo the Sloan couldnt figure out how to start him!!! :crazy:
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#12 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:02 am

IMissStocktonBadly wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We did have that guy. His name was Raja Bell....and Bozo the Sloan couldnt figure out how to start him!!! :crazy:

Wait a minute... when Raja was here fans complained endlessly how he was a Sloan favorite, and how much he sucked etc (the same as last year with Fisher, and most recent years with Matt). So don't bring that up. Hell, he even started Gira with Bell off the bench, however I get the whole, Sloan didn't give Gira a chance. Man... what a joke. :noway:
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#13 » by The Sheik » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:16 am

Sloan had nothing to do with him leaving, with the direction we were going in I would have jumped for PHX too. Plus word on the street is that he didnt like Boozer.
Malone Strong
Banned User

Post#14 » by Malone Strong » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:52 am

The Sheik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sloan had nothing to do with him leaving, with the direction we were going in I would have jumped for PHX too. Plus word on the street is that he didnt like Boozer.

OK....but explain why Sloan couldnt figure out how to start him? And dont feed me that crap about veterans, because Bell had already been with TWO teams before he joined us....
Rive
Junior

Post#15 » by Rive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:10 am

Just because I am realistic enough to realize that Hart is a good defender doesn't mean I like him as our backup. You can kiss my ass. A lot of other players would serve as a better backup than Hart.... but that list does not include Dee Brown.
Malone Strong
Banned User

Post#16 » by Malone Strong » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:25 pm

Just because I am realistic enough to realize that Hart is a good defender doesn't mean I like him as our backup. You can kiss my ass. A lot of other players would serve as a better backup than Hart.... but that list does not include Dee Brown.

Alot of other players and Dee Brown dont cost $5m dollars. Oh, and as for the "kiss my ass" comment, you might as well just say you concede. Because attacking me like that makes you look pathetically resigned to defeat...

Return to Utah Jazz