Game 15: Utah Jazz (4-10) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3-11)

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,470

Game 15: Utah Jazz (4-10) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3-11) 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:55 pm

It will be hard to suck more than we did vs the Lakers even though this is the second game of a back-to-back. No Scoot and no Simons. Hopefully we'll see a much better game.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 983

Re: Game 15: Utah Jazz (4-10) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3-11) 

Post#2 » by red4hf » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:27 am

I mean, does this team play any defense? I paid for league pass for this? My fat ass would give more of an effort.....
jazzkid
Junior
And1: 6

Post#3 » by jazzkid » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:57 am

Since Conley was traded this team only has 16 wins and 33 losses. The guards are just too careless with the ball which leads to too many easy baskets the other way. Hard to play defense that way. Also no hustle with this team letting guys blow by at will which is the most frustrating of all.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#4 » by Rauxcee » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:38 am

So glad the Jazz decided to field a terrible team the year after Wemby.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Rauxcee » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:04 am

Jazz making the Blazers look like a playoff team.
BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 347

Post#6 » by BigJimFinn » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:05 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:It will be hard to suck more than we did vs the Lakers even though this is the second game of a back-to-back. No Scoot and no Simons. Hopefully we'll see a much better game.

The Jazz were up to your challenge. It's the hope that kills you, I have given up any hope of this team playing competent professional basketball at either end of the court. Keyonte had 7 assists and 0 turnovers, so Clarkson picked up the slack with 7 TOs.

There is no chance of getting anywhere this season, so why not just bring up Hendricks and Sensabaugh and play guys who could have a future as winning players? Because at least half the current rotation simply aren't that.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,632

Post#7 » by Cappy_Smurf » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:43 pm

Rauxcee wrote:So glad the Jazz decided to field a terrible team the year after Wemby.

And if they were winning games you'd be complaining about that instead. You should be happy to finally get the disaster you've been demanding. No reason to get hung up on a 14% chance at Wemby. Utah might be a bottom feeder for 5 years before they get a #1 pick, and with their luck, it will be the year a James Wiseman goes #1.

The draft is a complete crap shoot. Being the worst team in the league doesn't guarantee squat, and it doesn't even increase your odds nearly as much as it used to.

At this point, the tank-obsessed fans should just be glad they have the next several years of eye-bleeding horrible basketball to look forward to. By the time they draft and develop several players, it could be 10 years of suckitude. :clap:
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#8 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:28 pm

Apparently this team can't pass or dribble. I'll give it a bit longer but if after 30-ish games or so we still suck I'd agree with BigJimFinn and fully get behind the youth movement.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,712

Post#9 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:49 pm

Rauxcee wrote:So glad the Jazz decided to field a terrible team the year after Wemby.

It looks like this season's Jazz have let go of the competitive roap. Imo, two of the more prominent reasons they didn't let go last season besides Markkanen's competitiveness, was first Mike Conley and then Kris Dunn. Both of them had some positive impact on both ends of the court. People were criticizing old man Mike Conley's D because he was getting beat more often than he used to, but he still knew where he was supposed to be and what direction to go, which tops younger, more athletic players making glaring mistakes.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Rauxcee » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:30 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:

And if they were winning games you'd be complaining about that instead. You should be happy to finally get the disaster you've been demanding. No reason to get hung up on a 14% chance at Wemby. Utah might be a bottom feeder for 5 years before they get a #1 pick, and with their luck, it will be the year a James Wiseman goes #1.

The draft is a complete crap shoot. Being the worst team in the league doesn't guarantee squat, and it doesn't even increase your odds nearly as much as it used to.

At this point, the tank-obsessed fans should just be glad they have the next several years of eye-bleeding horrible basketball to look forward to. By the time they draft and develop several players, it could be 10 years of suckitude. :clap:

First, who the complains about winning? Not me.
Not sure why you have that idea and are putting words in my mouth. Also, I'm not pro tank. I didn't want the Jazz to trade Rudy and Mitchell. However, I also understood that the team had reached its ceiling and had no way to improve.

If they Jazz were going to blow it up, I wanted them to do it right- they did it half right. Yes there was only a 14% chance, but "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" andI sure would have loved to even have that 14% chance. Wemby isn't Wiseman FYI.

Super glad you love this team Cappy_Smurf, and are happy with where it's going and the great players we have. Glad you don't think this team is medicore and is full of potential and we'll be back in the playoffs real soon with this team. Sorry I'm blinded by THT, Sexton, Olynyk, Clarkson, And Fontechios championship talent. My mistake. There is just so much to be positive about in these 15 games so far with how the team has played, I must be watching a different team than you.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#11 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:34 pm

I'm not blinded by our players, I'm blinded by their jerseys.

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Rauxcee » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:21 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I'm not blinded by our players, I'm blinded by their jerseys.

:lol: Why highlighter yellow though?

I stand corrected. These uniforms are by the worst thing about this season. You'd think I would be used to them by now on year 2, but I'm shocked by them every game still.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,073

Post#13 » by FJS » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:51 pm

I completely forget we played yesterday... I thought it was today... but I did not miss anything.

Return to Utah Jazz