why Kyle Korver is a great teammate

Moderators: Inigo Montoya, FJS

The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

why Kyle Korver is a great teammate 

Post#1 » by The Sheik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:07 am

I've got (Miles') back, I've got Ronnie's (Brewer's) back, I've got everybody's back," said Korver, known as a consummate team player in Philadelphia. "And hopefully everybody does the same for me.

I was talking to C.J. before the game, and I said, 'I know we're competing for minutes, so to say, but I hope you know that I'm all for you, and I hope you're all for me, and when you're out there playing, I'm going to be cheering you on.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695240946,00.html
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#2 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:11 pm

Kyle is a nice guy, reminds me a ton of Jeff, but way too early to call anything even sloe to him, other then he might win a 3 point shootout and 90+ free throw shooter. Has he ever gotten a technical? edit:turns out he does have 1 T in his career.
soapblaster
Starter
And1: 1

Post#3 » by soapblaster » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:25 pm

I thought the comments made by CJ after the game were great too. Maybe he was echoing what Korver had said to him before. He basically said that he thought that the competition was a good thing. He feels like we have three guys that can all play the 2. If one of them is having an off night, the other two can pick up the slack. CJ said something like, "We are all about the team. If one of us is lighting it up and I am on the bench, I'll be clapping and cheering along with everyone else."

That is the attitude that you would expect short term. I just hope that it continues and no one gets butt hurt as Korver gets more and more minutes, because I think he is out best option and the other Ronnie and CJ will see fewer minutes.

I guess we'll have to wait and see though.
Bat wrote:Utah is one of the most depressing cities.
BiggMann
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#4 » by BiggMann » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:41 pm

Just like he said.. if one of us is struggling, one of the others can step up... i dont think we have a problem here, Both CJ and Kyle have proven to be rather streaky shooters. So it's all up to Jerry now, see if he can put the right guy in at the right time.
Bye Bye Sloan, Good Riddance Deron. Hello new Era in Jazz Basketball.
Malone Strong
Banned User

Post#5 » by Malone Strong » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:17 am

BiggMann wrote:Just like he said.. if one of us is struggling, one of the others can step up... i dont think we have a problem here, Both CJ and Kyle have proven to be rather streaky shooters. So it's all up to Jerry now, see if he can put the right guy in at the right time.

That's a mighty if there, given Sloan's track record. But leave it to a Sloan-homer to simply once-over that insignificant little problem...:noway:
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by CAE15 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:39 am

IMissStocktonBadly wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's a mighty if there, given Sloan's track record. But leave it to a Sloan-homer to simply once-over that insignificant little problem...:noway:

He did it two nights ago, why wont he continue to do it?

You act like sloan has a sheet written in pen and on it our how many minutes each player gets, and he only has a pencil so he cant erase anything and he just sticks to it. Im sure sloan has a set rotation but to say he never plays out of it is dumb IMHO, CJ had he played bad early in the 4th would've gotten pulled in favor or Korver.
Raskolnikov
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#7 » by Raskolnikov » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:05 pm

I thought I'd share this story with you guys. Few seasons ago, during one of the pre-season practices, Korver and teammate Glenn Robinson wagered in a FT shooting contest. Robinson went first, shooting an amazing 98/100. Then Korver stepped up and made 100 FTs in a row...
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by CAE15 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:24 pm

Big Dog(the more popular big dog nba wide) made 98 out of 100 free throws? damn.
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#9 » by idajazz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:49 pm

New Jazzy Nets wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He did it two nights ago, why wont he continue to do it?

You act like sloan has a sheet written in pen and on it our how many minutes each player gets, and he only has a pencil so he cant erase anything and he just sticks to it. Im sure sloan has a set rotation but to say he never plays out of it is dumb IMHO, CJ had he played bad early in the 4th would've gotten pulled in favor or Korver.

Go look up how he used stockton in the finals. then come back and tell us about how SLOWN uses players :roll:
kebutah
Analyst
And1: 99

Post#10 » by kebutah » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:21 pm

Sloan's substitution patterns have almost always been driven by clock time not game situation. Anybody who doesn't realize this has not watched the Jazz during his tenure.
CAE15
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by CAE15 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:16 pm

I'll admit that in the past yes, but it doesnt seem to be the case lately, IMHO. you really think he said ok OKur is going to have a bad game once we get korver so im goign to play him less minutes? c'mon now, he makes adjustments.
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#12 » by idajazz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:32 pm

If he was good at game management there would be a championship banner hanging in the ESA
Raskolnikov
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#13 » by Raskolnikov » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:38 am

New Jazzy Nets wrote:Big Dog(the more popular big dog nba wide) made 98 out of 100 free throws? damn.

Granted, this was during practice without pressure, but Robinson has always been deadly from mid-range. In fact he felt confident enough to challenge Korver... against just about anyone else he would have won lol.
@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#14 » by @ndrew » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:10 am

If this game was about shooting Robinson will be real superstar (c) Hoopshype
black06eclipse
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by black06eclipse » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:24 pm

hows the rock scene in Utah? from what i've heard Korver was famous for going to concerts every weekend in Philly and seeing whatever famous band was there that weekend. i know he's a big Pearl Jam guy.

Return to Utah Jazz