Post#1 » by timO » Mon May 23, 2022 2:58 pm

Needs: a starter big, 3 point shooters.

Draft 2: Chet or Jabari
Draft 12: maybe trade up a little to 8-11
Draft 30-34: trade up to 20-26

starters:

Giddey
SGA
Dort (offer him 50/4, similar to Mavs DFS)

backups:

30-34 trade up to 20-26.
Mann
Bazley dont offer contract
Kenrich maybe use him as clickbait for trades
JRE
Poku

expendables:

Wiggins
Roby

trade the expiring of Favors and/or Jerome, if not

Muscala is a cheap TO, execute it if you trade one/two of above

Get rid of maledon and krejci
bbms
Analyst
And1: 594

Re: Your 2022 offseason moves 

Post#2 » by bbms » Tue May 24, 2022 1:25 am

I want Presti to be aggressive. First, to turn Micic, Favors, Bazley, and Jerome into draft capital.

Then, trade with Orlando for #1. Secure Chet. Trade back from #12 into the top 10 for AJ Griffin.

If not possible, Banchero/Smith at 2 and Mark Williams at 12.

Giddey / Maledon / Krejci
SGA / Mann / Waters
Dort / K-Williams / Griffin / Wiggins
Chet / Roby / Pokusevski
JRE / Muscala

Reason. I think Chet is by far the best prospect in this draft, he ticks all the boxes you want from your franchise center - elite fundamentals, grit, versatility on both ends of the floor. Thunder's collected some young players that cover his current weaknesses - JRE, Roby, and even Muscala and K-Williams can cover the defensive assignments that require more bulk, which will buy him time before maturing his body and gain strenght. AJ Griffin will provide sharp outside shooting support to our young playmakers.

If not possible, Mark Williams is not that bad of a consolation prize, since he has the tools to be at least a decent defensive C in the next level. Between Banchero and Smith, I tend to prefer Banchero because he actually has shown skills to be a three level half court scorer with plus physicality, playmaking and decision making. There's some rumours about Banchero being already seduced by shinier lights of bigger markets. If those are correct, even though more limited offensively, Jabari is someone with a strong 3D floor. I also got some crazy defensive stats that make him pretty special on that end.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,337

Post#3 » by Dadouv47 » Tue May 24, 2022 12:06 pm

I just want Presti to draft well. Rest is irrelevant. I know I might be happy or sad/mad comes draft night but not gonna define if Presti made the right choices or not.

In a ideal draft for me, we would pick Chet at #2, move up from #12 with a couple of future FRPs we own to get Griffin or Murray (or Sharpe but I doubt he will fall that much), and use 30 + 34 to draft Procida.

Trade Favors and one of Kenrich or Muscala (I would rather keep Kenrich) because we need roster spots. Keep Krejci/Maledon over guys like Ty Jerome.

Offer Dort the most he can get under CBA rules (it's 4 years/56millions I think?) and if he doesn't accept, let make him restricted free agent and match a decent offer...doubt a team is willing to give up 18-20 millions/year for him but if it happens, good bye. Don't extend Bazley yet and wait next offseason before making a decision.

Starting 5 of Chet/Griffin/SGA/Giddey/Dort...looks too good to be true.
Big nick
Senior
And1: 354

Post#4 » by Big nick » Tue May 24, 2022 4:15 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I just want Presti to draft well. Rest is irrelevant. I know I might be happy or sad/mad comes draft night but not gonna define if Presti made the right choices or not.

In a ideal draft for me, we would pick Chet at #2, move up from #12 with a couple of future FRPs we own to get Griffin or Murray (or Sharpe but I doubt he will fall that much), and use 30 + 34 to draft Procida.

Trade Favors and one of Kenrich or Muscala (I would rather keep Kenrich) because we need roster spots. Keep Krejci/Maledon over guys like Ty Jerome.

Offer Dort the most he can get under CBA rules (it's 4 years/56millions I think?) and if he doesn't accept, let make him restricted free agent and match a decent offer...doubt a team is willing to give up 18-20 millions/year for him but if it happens, good bye. Don't extend Bazley yet and wait next offseason before making a decision.

I agree with all of this but I think I would trade maledon and keep Jerome I just don't see much out of maledon. Also maybe baze did enough at the end of the season to keep for a while.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,337

Post#5 » by Dadouv47 » Tue May 24, 2022 4:21 pm

Big nick wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I just want Presti to draft well. Rest is irrelevant. I know I might be happy or sad/mad comes draft night but not gonna define if Presti made the right choices or not.

I agree with all of this but I think I would trade maledon and keep Jerome I just don't see much out of maledon. Also maybe baze did enough at the end of the season to keep for a while.

yeah I get why you would want to get rid of Maledon. I just think he's still very young and can develop into a decent back up PG but I know most already gave up on him.

Agree about Bazley...I just want to see how he plays next season before offering him an extension (except if he's willing to take a very small contract but I doubt his agent Rich Paul will agree)
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#6 » by kdthunderup » Tue May 24, 2022 11:24 pm

I don’t think we need to hit a home run this off season - I still see next year as another development/semi-tanking year.

Adding Chet is a huge move and gives us that 2nd star and transformative presence on offense and defense.

After that I would like us to get another wing who can shoot and defend on the mould of Mikal Bridges. Giddey, SGA and Chet are all heads up players who can find open guys so it will be important to surround them with knock down shooters. AJ Griffin is worth a chance at #12 despite his injury and defensive concerns.

Dort will be important to keep around if we can re-sign him on a reasonable contract. He is the only guy on this roster who can guard 1s and 2s at a high level.

This core is still 3 years away from competing so there is time to put all the finishing touches together.
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#7 » by timO » Wed May 25, 2022 1:46 pm

kdthunderup wrote:I don’t think we need to hit a home run this off season - I still see next year as another development/semi-tanking year.

Adding Chet is a huge move and gives us that 2nd star and transformative presence on offense and defense.

After that I would like us to get another wing who can shoot and defend on the mould of Mikal Bridges. Giddey, SGA and Chet are all heads up players who can find open guys so it will be important to surround them with knock down shooters. AJ Griffin is worth a chance at #12 despite his injury and defensive concerns.

Dort will be important to keep around if we can re-sign him on a reasonable contract. He is the only guy on this roster who can guard 1s and 2s at a high level.

This core is still 3 years away from competing so there is time to put all the finishing touches together.

this core is at most 2 years away from competing

next season will be the last of tanking, and maybe the pick is not good, like 7-10 type ~30 wins, unless they have lotto luck again

in the 23/24 with draft and trades and FA the team has to compete for playoffs for sure, at least play-in i bet is guaranteed
timO
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by timO » Wed May 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Big nick wrote:

yeah I get why you would want to get rid of Maledon. I just think he's still very young and can develop into a decent back up PG but I know most already gave up on him.

Agree about Bazley...I just want to see how he plays next season before offering him an extension (except if he's willing to take a very small contract but I doubt his agent Rich Paul will agree)

Maledon is very bad, the improvement he has is null, in fact he regresses

Bazley its not worth more than MLE money right now, so contract offer like 30/3 at best. He has to shoot a lot better, especially from 3, the 35% in his rookie season was a mirage.
timO
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by timO » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:28 pm

So,

Giddey-Sga-Dort-Williams-Chet

Mann Williams Bazley Dieng Poku Jre

A lot of dumps, trades pending.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#10 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:41 am

Who are you dumping? B/c I think ATL might be prepared to take on some of your dumps... just my opinion. Give me, if you don't mind, your top 5 in that department. Then, from an OKC fan perspective, what do you need to have in exchange for any or all of those.
timO
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by timO » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:35 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Who are you dumping? B/c I think ATL might be prepared to take on some of your dumps... just my opinion. Give me, if you don't mind, your top 5 in that department. Then, from an OKC fan perspective, what do you need to have in exchange for any or all of those.

jerome-maledon-krejci-favors-green

for free
bbms
Analyst

Post#12 » by bbms » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:51 pm

timO wrote:
_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Who are you dumping? B/c I think ATL might be prepared to take on some of your dumps... just my opinion. Give me, if you don't mind, your top 5 in that department. Then, from an OKC fan perspective, what do you need to have in exchange for any or all of those.

jerome-maledon-krejci-favors-green

for free

I'm not ready to dump Maledon and Krejci just yet. I'd dump Wiggins and Bazley before them.
timO
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by timO » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:02 pm

bazley will be RFA, at bad u dont match in 2023, not rush to trade him, unless a good offer

maledon is a scrub, krejci too
bbms
Analyst

Post#14 » by bbms » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:30 pm

timO wrote:bazley will be RFA, at bad u dont match in 2023, not rush to trade him, unless a good offer

Theo is the youngest of the bunch, Wiggins is the oldest, Krejci just recovered from ACL. Bazley is by far our worst player on the roster.

I tend to be more patient with the two that are less experienced of the scrubs.
timO
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by timO » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:12 pm

bbms wrote:
timO wrote:bazley will be RFA, at bad u dont match in 2023, not rush to trade him, unless a good offer

Theo is the youngest of the bunch, Wiggins is the oldest, Krejci just recovered from ACL. Bazley is by far our worst player on the roster.

I tend to be more patient with the two that are less experienced of the scrubs.

maledon is the worst player on the roster

krejci is bad

Bazley can play as 5 starter or role player of the bench, he defends well, hes not good on offense but in a playoff team i think he will play way better than in a tank team.

so i tend QO on him, and sign for MLE next year, if a team gives him more say bye bye.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#16 » by jake_swivel » Tue Jul 5, 2022 8:17 pm

timO wrote:Bazley can play as 5 starter or role player of the bench, he defends well, hes not good on offense but in a playoff team i think he will play way better than in a tank team.

so i tend QO on him, and sign for MLE next year, if a team gives him more say bye bye.

Unless he comes back a different player, ain’t no one, including okc, that will be giving him the MLE.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder