Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,344

Re: OKC Thunder 2022-23 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#1561 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:39 am

Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Giddey had an incredible game (not that good to end the game though).

Shai was better than most of the game showed...very good defense and some nice passes.

JDub almost cost us the game. His decision making was great but couldn't make a shot

I'm impressed...didn't think we could win this.

Dort shooting win us the game I believe .

If he’s hot we have a chance .

Dort defensive impact tonight was really impressive. He saved us offensively in the first quarter, had some bad decisions late in the game but overall he was key for our success.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#1562 » by Devilanche » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:43 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Giddey had an incredible game (not that good to end the game though).

Shai was better than most of the game showed...very good defense and some nice passes.

JDub almost cost us the game. His decision making was great but couldn't make a shot

I'm impressed...didn't think we could win this.

Dort shooting win us the game I believe .

If he’s hot we have a chance .

Dort defensive impact tonight was really impressive. He saved us offensively in the first quarter, had some bad decisions late in the game but overall he was key for our success.

The defence is always there. The offence is where he have a wide range .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,158

Post#1563 » by slick_watts » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:19 am

an almost disastrous mental error late by shai. i cannot believe he attempted that shot at the rim. he could have just held the ball. luckily we recovered the ball and made the FT's. but this isn't the first time this year the team has (as expected) struggled with decision making in those moments. the pelicans were even more hapless, thankfully.

think we got some favorable shooting, obviously. giddey and dort made the pelicans pay for doubling shai hard. i thought it was a mistake for the pelicans to go away from that in 3q, which is part of the reason the script got flipped.

to me, friday is a must-win for the team if the push to make the play-in and forfeiture of a possible high lottery pick is to be justified.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 768

Post#1564 » by cjmcallist » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:19 am

A nice win I think. Feels like past teams weren’t able to adjust - ever.

But tonight it was good to see that if the NOP take away Shai, others will contribute. Then, when the NOP adjust, Shai is right back in it. That felt good.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1565 » by Devilanche » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:41 am

slick_watts wrote:
to me, friday is a must-win for the team if the push to make the play-in and forfeiture of a possible high lottery pick is to be justified.

Totally with you on this .

Doesn’t matter the outcome against Denver but would love to squeeze in as 8th even if that drop our pick down 3-4 spot.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Zagor
Junior
And1: 120

Post#1566 » by Zagor » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am

This win is fantastic for further development of the young core.

Giddey especially was superb. Kid is just 20 years old, think about it.
His body is still getting stronger, with one more offseason, he'll be more comfortable with scoring in many ways.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,344

Post#1567 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:51 am

Devilanche wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

Doesn’t matter the outcome against Denver but would love to squeeze in as 8th even if that drop our pick down 3-4 spot.

Hitting on this years pick cold be the difference between a contender like the grizzlies and a contender like the Celtics. That being said, even if we miss on the pick, we’ve got so many ways to get key pieces. I just can’t be disappointed when we are winning with out young guys. If Mike Muscala were out second best player, I’d feel differently.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bbms
Analyst
And1: 594

Post#1568 » by bbms » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:14 pm

these kids would add a pretty sick accomplishment to their resumée if they pull this play-in off.

seeing a guy like jaylin starting for a must-win game and actually pull that off is very nice
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1569 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

JDub retweeting the Schlecht post...he was bad last night but he's a GREAT teammate. Those guys are having fun together and building a special bond.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1570 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:24 pm

Mann didn't play at all despite the obvious need to space the floor. Good decision from Mark but obviously tough for the kid. I still think Presti will give him another shot next season (at least in the beginning of the RS) before totally giving up on him.
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 91

Post#1571 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:15 pm

Great game for our young team. Josh, Lu and Shai A+ / JWil and Aaron A- / JDub , Isaiah and Dario B.
Only 7 TO . Great Team effort. This Team is really a pleasure. Can't wade to add Chet to this group.

Sam trade our pick and T.Mann for pick 6-8 in the draft.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1572 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:41 pm

Mr Thunder Nick wrote:Great game for our young team. Josh, Lu and Shai A+ / JWil and Aaron A- / JDub , Isaiah and Dario B.
Only 7 TO . Great Team effort. This Team is really a pleasure. Can't wade to add Chet to this group.

Not gonna happen. if we can move up a single spot by trading Mann, I'm pretty happy.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1573 » by Devilanche » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:23 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

Hitting on this years pick cold be the difference between a contender like the grizzlies and a contender like the Celtics. That being said, even if we miss on the pick, we’ve got so many ways to get key pieces. I just can’t be disappointed when we are winning with out young guys. If Mike Muscala were out second best player, I’d feel differently.

Totally , getting someone that’s ready to contribute would really bring the team up a notch but getting to the playoff and even if we blown away by the nuggets would just spur the team to work in the offseason to get better.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#1574 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:06 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Mr Thunder Nick wrote:Great game for our young team. Josh, Lu and Shai A+ / JWil and Aaron A- / JDub , Isaiah and Dario B.

Not gonna happen. if we can move up a single spot by trading Mann, I'm pretty happy.

Given that we have 4 picks next season, I’d be extremely surprised if one or more of those picks aren’t packaged to move up this year.
Big nick
Senior
And1: 355

Post#1575 » by Big nick » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:26 am

jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Given that we have 4 picks next season, I’d be extremely surprised if one or more of those picks aren’t packaged to move up this year.

I am sure Sam will try but they say next year is a weak draft.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,990

Post#1576 » by Xatticus » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:14 am

Big nick wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

I've actually wondered if he is saving up some ammo to try to move up in that draft for Jalen's brother.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#1577 » by Woerzboerg » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:25 am

Xatticus wrote:
Big nick wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

I've actually wondered if he is saving up some ammo to try to move up in that draft for Jalen's brother.

In 2024 we will probably have 3 picks (Utahs pick likely not conveying).

- Our own (hopefully in the 20s)
- Clippers (worst case in the 20s, best case 10-14)
- Houston (top 4 protected, with Houston getting a little better than this year likely between 5 and 10)

I don't know were JDubs Brother will end up in this draft, but it's not unrealistic Houstons Pick plus Clippers Pick will get the job done.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1578 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:25 pm

I feel bad about tonight's game. Winning would be such a good achievement but at the same time I don't think playing Denver for 4 or 5 games is worth losing 4 spots in the draft and a remote chance at a top 4 pick.

I don't take our success this season for granted but it could be the last season in our rebuild that we draft pretty high. Can still get a good player with 15 but odds are not that great..only time Presti drafted well outside of the lottery was for Ibaka.
mr570
Senior
And1: 304

Post#1579 » by mr570 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:54 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I feel bad about tonight's game. Winning would be such a good achievement but at the same time I don't think playing Denver for 4 or 5 games is worth losing 4 spots in the draft and a remote chance at a top 4 pick.

I don't take our success this season for granted but it could be the last season in our rebuild that we draft pretty high. Can still get a good player with 15 but odds are not that great..only time Presti drafted well outside of the lottery was for Ibaka.

Same. I also think the way in which we won it is encouraging players to keep doing things they shouldn't (Dort and Giddey barreling into the lane against four guys and the shot miraculously goes in).
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#1580 » by Woerzboerg » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:41 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I feel bad about tonight's game. Winning would be such a good achievement but at the same time I don't think playing Denver for 4 or 5 games is worth losing 4 spots in the draft and a remote chance at a top 4 pick.

I don't think this will be the last time in our rebuild we could pick inside the lottery. We have Houstons Picks in 2024 and 2026 and the Clippers Picks in 2024, 2025 (swap) and 2026. One of these could very well end up in the lottery.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder