FFL 2018-2019

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

sabonis
Analyst
And1: 340

Re: FFL 2018-2019 

Post#181 » by sabonis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:38 pm

last year with trades it took 29 or 30 days, this year 15 days. No trades cut the time by half. I knew it would speed it up but didn't expect this much

I don't think it worked for Skai. I hate Derozan at 34 btw... And most of his picks seem to me low upside compared to pick spots.
Skai
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#182 » by Skai » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:44 pm

We'll see. I think Ingram, Russell, Bradley, and Burke all have a good chance of outperforming their ADP.

As for DeRozan, I know he's controversial, but I wanted a high-floor player at that pick.
Why the schlong face?
sabonis
Analyst

Post#183 » by sabonis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 pm

I honestly wouldn't call DeRozan a high floor player at all. His highest fantasy ranking was 40 which was 2 seasons ago. And I'd argue Spurs is a worse fantasy situation than Toronto. It's almost impossible for someone to jack up 20 shots under Pop...

and Russell is proving to be one of those players who is better in real life than in fantasy.

of course those are my opinions and not facts. Maybe you'll get a top 25 DeRozan and a top 60 Russell, but if you ask me the odds are highly unlikely
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,487

Post#184 » by Cyrus » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Just to confirm this league will be done on Yahoo from now on,and not frantrax (That was used just for drafting purposes).
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#185 » by Woody Allen » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Yes.
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#186 » by writersblock » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:45 pm

sabonis wrote:last year with trades it took 29 or 30 days, this year 15 days. No trades cut the time by half. I knew it would speed it up but didn't expect this much

I don't think it worked for Skai. I hate Derozan at 34 btw... And most of his picks seem to me low upside compared to pick spots.

I think it's a little too hasty to attribute our time directly to no trades, even though it may be likely. The researcher in me says there are way too many other confounding variables that may have affected it.
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,834

Post#187 » by floppymoose » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:46 pm

It was no trades. The researcher in me concluded that.
sabonis
Analyst

Post#188 » by sabonis » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 pm

writersblock wrote:
sabonis wrote:last year with trades it took 29 or 30 days, this year 15 days. No trades cut the time by half. I knew it would speed it up but didn't expect this much

I think it's a little too hasty to attribute our time directly to no trades, even though it may be likely. The researcher in me says there are way too many other confounding variables that may have affected it.

can you name a few which would make sense to be applied this year but not last year?
writersblock
General Manager

Post#189 » by writersblock » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:37 pm

sabonis wrote:
writersblock wrote:

can you name a few which would make sense to be applied this year but not last year?

Sure:
1. Experience with the system (last year was our first year with the new system, right?)
2. Date we started (we started at least a week later, leading to more anxiety about finishing on time)
3. League members (we had some newbies)
4. Draft order (league member draft position may have landed when they were available)
5. Rule change to allow players to select their own draft spot
6. League member availability (we'd have to consider how many people auto drafted)

I'm not saying the no trade rule wasn't the ultimate factor, or that these other factors had a significant different, I'm just saying that these other factors could have played into it. In fact, it was likely a combination of factors - the no trade rule and the fact that we started later. What I'd like to see next year is that we start even later AND we add trades back in. If trades were slowing us down, I don't think people will take as long with the season on the horizon.

writersblock
General Manager

Post#190 » by writersblock » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:38 pm

writersblock wrote:
sabonis wrote:
writersblock wrote:

Sure:
1. Experience with the system (last year was our first year with the new system, right?)
2. Date we started (we started at least a week later, leading to more anxiety about finishing on time)
3. League members (we had some newbies)
4. Draft order (league member draft position may have landed when they were available)
5. Rule change to allow players to select their own draft spot
6. League member availability (we'd have to consider how many people auto drafted)

I'm not saying the no trade rule wasn't the ultimate factor, or that these other factors had a significant difference, I'm just saying that these other factors could have played into it. In fact, it was likely a combination of factors - the no trade rule and the fact that we started later. What I'd like to see next year is that we start even later AND we add trades back in. If trades were slowing us down, I don't think people will take as long with the season on the horizon.

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#191 » by floppymoose » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:48 am

So our league is https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/5785. Who is the commish? Gokce is the current commish of the yahoo league. If he isn't commishing this year he should add the current commish as a commissioner for the league. And we need to remove someone and add Airwick.

Looking forward to having the rosters added in. I want to see what the rotowire projections think of our teams.
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Post#192 » by fraanciiscoo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:57 pm

TEAM REVIEW

SLY

If you told me I was going to write this that i m about to before the draft I would shout out loud "Hell no". IMHO he had a great draft and I couldnt be more exited with his team.

DRAFT
Pick 1 not a big deal here. When healthy AD is the best fantasy guy period. Sly did his job simple as that

Pick 2 & 3 Klay and Harris. While I m not too high this season in Klay I like the Harris pick. They also fit with AD. I would probably consider Jamal murray insted of Klay but I understand the choice and I fully back him up

Pick 4 & 5This was the point of the draft I start to clap his picks. While I not in love with Nurkic bc he is kind of inj prone big @80 is fine not to mention he was the best C available and he was a my 2nd target @84. Then Sly decided to pick my 1st option Kyle Anderson. While Nurkic is a nice complementary player to AD. Kyle is nice fit with Harris and also give a nice allround game - especially blk. By now He know he wont be any good in AST and this should be a clear tank.

Pick 6 & 7Now is the time of the draft I like to grab possible breakout sleepers and Sly again had me at hello. Fultz is this kind of guy - He could or he could not but it worth to gamble imo. In the last month of last season Fultz showed a little of what he could do but he sit down the bench on the playoffs. What going to happend now ? IDK and nobody know except him and his coach but I like the pick here. Kent Bazemore hummm nah I think he should pass and will tell you why. Right now he could be fine but he is not a term investment for the Hawks. He might be traded or they could sit him down the stretch. Even if he gets traded he wont go to a best case cenário. I would love if he had choose KP or if he wanted to take a safer root KCP to compliment the treys a thing he will see he forgot and will be a below average team treys wise. KP would be ideal imho he would be back from late december to mid january when the sh*t hit the fan aka as playoffs he could be giving you treys pts rebs blk ... so this was the 1st pick I fully disagree.

Pick 8 & 9 when Sly picked danny green and JLin I though ok we are at #160 and #161 dont over react but I dont see much upside or floor. Both should play ( except Jlin bc he is always inj or finds a way to get inj ) but again by the all start game both might be done. Jlin is a great guy that found two way to down via inj or via the hawks get young and go full tanking giving tons of min to their kids. Boring picks with no upside at all. I would like to see here guys like Hood or OG or JGrant but hey nobody is perfect

Picks 10 to 14 JRsmith cmon old time Sly is back I thought but then he goes Noel and Melton. Love both gambles especially melton. Great pick !!! Korver and Faried meh but ok we all need two guys to the droop and pick.

OVERALL
Dominant - STL & BLK that means TOP 2 teams
Above Avr - FG% & TO
Avr - PTS, REB, FT%
Below Avr - treys ( and this was a surprise
Tank- AST

PREDICT
He will get into playoffs 80% of the time 6th-9th

NEXT pick number 2 of the draft
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#193 » by fraanciiscoo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:47 pm

TEAM REVIEW

Ham

Ham doesnt know how to miss the playoffs this season same old Ham.

DRAFT
Pick 1 Same as Sly. AD was gone I will pick Harden or vice versa. AD was gone ...

Pick 2 & 3 Mike conley JR and Covington. On his behalf I got to say theres a big downfall past mid 30´s and late 30´s till mid 50´s is a tier that is hard to draft ( especially in 20 team ) MCjr have inj concerns miss alot last season and you know what you will get with Covington 3&D. Play it safe & fit wise Ham. Like Sly I would pass on Mike and I would pick Jamal Murray and I would debate with myself between Covington or Horford. Bc Big that fit a small ball strategy are not around and Horford was perfect. I totally understand the safe & fit root therefor....

Pick 4 & 5 BLopez & Tim Hjr - ( I pause before I write something ) At 1st glance I hated Lopez but I kind of understand after thinking on it. Lopez doesnt have bad FT he can get blk and this might be a good thing agaisnt other small ball teams, I get it ... but will he get the pt? I highly doubt. its a sh*t when you see Valaciunas go before you pick I get it but BL is on the way down, he cant reb and i know you are tanking therefor no problem with that. I would go Tim and Batum. This season we have two U therefor we could choose to go tanking two cats and be Dominant in the rest, that said Batum would be perfect for your team and @82 it would be his floor. Thx God you leave him to me ( hey i hope this doesnt jink Batum otherwise i wont do more reviews next season )

Pick 6 & 7bell & rjax. As a warriows fan you should know better and at #119 bell should be fine but imho you are picking his upside and i belive he will have his floor. Rjax fits and its boring as hell

Pick 8 & 9 Javale and smart perfect love it - only downside both FT but hey you can take it mix of D stats stl and blk two player combo

Picks 10 to 14
crowder was a great pick once again.
JGrant will fight for pg min in Orl. Stack the G spots, nice...
wade is back, waiters comesback from a inj I dont like it
Mbrooks - Someone got to play sg in Menphis and could be him or not easy choice if he is and if he is not
Spellman I would like it latter than sooner bc i dont see why you should hold a r.spot on him

OVERALL
Dominant - Pts, Ast & treys that means TOP 2 teams
Above Avr - Stl, ft% & BLK
Avr -
Below Avr -
Tank- reb, fg% & to

PREDICT
He will get into playoffs 100% of the time 2th-5th
Theres no Avr ot below avr cats its either above & D or tanking
congrats

NEXT pick number 3 of the draft
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#194 » by floppymoose » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm next!

Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 250

Post#195 » by Curtis Lemansky » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 am

Airwick is already in the league.

Rosters are added on yahoo. Good luck everyone.
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
Woody Allen
General Manager

Post#196 » by Woody Allen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Do we still get to do transactions freely before the season starts and then things get reset on the first day?
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#197 » by floppymoose » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Rotowire loves my team, probably because I get influenced by the yahoo (rotowire) projections:

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/5785/standings?stype=draftresults
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#198 » by fraanciiscoo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:35 pm

TEAM REVIEW

Floppy

DRAFT
Pick 1 KAT - The 3rd pick is only nice if someone mess around with the 1st or 2nd bc theres two many names to pick so the change to do something bad is bigger vs the 9th pick for exemple that you going to say hey man i just doing my job this is the only guy left from this tier. I like Kat, I hope to get Kat with my 4th, its a guy that is so easy to build around. He finish last two season 9cats h2h in the 8th place and this means he his consistent. The most important thing while i like KAT vs others from this tier is his 82 + 82 + 82 games. He plays it all. On a side note bye bye Jimmy butler and probably ( i hope sooner than latter ) Thibs will be gone. This is better news for Kat and his fantasy numbers.

Pick 2 & 3 Otto Porter & will barton. While I like otto I trully despise barton. I know he has improved his true shooting percentage in each of the last three years and Chandler is now in Philly and since he finish last season at #51 the #43 looked great but I think you need to consided one main thing Paul Milsap missed more than half of last season ( only played 38 ) - I not saying this going to mess with barton´s min at SF obv I m saying Milsap is not Chandler and will have more USG reb ast than him and this going to after barton numbers therefor I see him in the range 60-75 than where he was picked #43. Otto is not a sexy pick that only find a way to finish top 45. The only thing I m kind of afraid this reason regarding his game is reb. Howard is not Gortat. Every one fits with KAT but here you should compliment KAT most prolific cats. I feel your pain when the idiot ( that picked before you aka fran ) pick Capela him would be brutal to go with KAT but I think you should grab a big insted of barton. who you may ask. Lets look where you would stand with KAT and Otto - points kind of meh bc of otto; treys/stl nice, rebs/BLK/FG/FT/to good, Ast tank.right? if you had pick DAJ I think your FG/BLK/REB/TO would take a bump; you could get with your next two picks the stl & treys to make you way above avr and sure you would tank pts/ast/ft

Pick 4 & 5 Ingles and Hield. Wait I dont get it... so you pick KAT and no other PF/C till the 5th round you opt to go get ingles that one of his main qualitys is to get ast for a SF and you dont even have a PG +Hield was great after the All start break but and he can get pts a cat that you dont find must here and in latter round but cmon. Hey I not saying their spot to be grabed is not here i m saying its a fit nightmare.
What here your options
A) I think I would go with Kyle anderson ( if you had pick DAJ ) and Nurkic ( if you sayed on your root ) insted of Ingles. Cmon anderson is 1-1-1 guy and if you stayed in your root you would need other C other wise the rebs and blk from KAT would be worthless
B)And with your 2nd pick there was two guys better DH ( you still din´t had other C ) and yes if you would pick Nurkic with your 1st pick i would be ok with ingles or Hield ( but i would prefer Hield )

Pick 6 & 7 Crabble and TJ warren - ok so tell me one thing you dont need PG bc you are tanking ast i get it but really you also dont need PF/C bc KAT will do it all. what a mess. TJ was way over draft, did I say Way? Unless you think he is their future and Jackson is not. Crabble had a nice season but BRK is now pack at his position. Didnt like any ... I wont even suggest anything bc I dont see the point on doing that

Picks 8 to 14
M.Robinson - he is a freak of natura but cmon do you think he can compliment KAT now ? Even moving Kanter to pf to give him min do you?
E´twaun - Possible starter got a bit of upside
D.Powell - really ? omg hate it he going to sub DAJ. Last season he even lost min to M.kleber now he backup DAJ and also there Salah
Seth Curry - Out all last season - you could do alot better
T. Santorasky - they have a guy there with the name A.rivers and Wall is in form dont see it
T.Jones - finally great pick especially if thibs get fired or if they trade him to phx. lots of upside here
Diallo - you know it and i know it that it wont happend right ?

OVERALL
Dominant - TO
Above Avr - fg, ft,
Avr - treys, stl
Below Avr - rebs, blk ( when you start with KAT tell you how poor this go )
Tank- pts, ast

PREDICT
Miss the playoffs
finish between 10th-14th spot

F*CK WHAT SHOULD I DO FRAN
easy floppy trade KAT for who ?look for a 2 for 1 where you can get stl,treys up
Kat + filler for klay + harris would work and its good for your team but it would be good for Sly that is a almost lock into the playoffs maybe no I would explore other options teams that I predict out of the playoffs. Help me Help you thing. I would never understand a guy that his team suck not try to make his team better and I know you are not that kind of guy.
GL you will need it

NEXT pick number 4 of the draft - I will tell in advance it will be a very homer and unbiased review
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#199 » by fraanciiscoo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Woody Allen wrote:Do we still get to do transactions freely before the season starts and then things get reset on the first day?

yes
Woody Allen
General Manager

Post#200 » by Woody Allen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:08 pm

How about the waiver priority? Can someone clarify this?

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues