ImageImage

Price for OG

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Price for OG 

Post#1 » by esvl » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:17 pm

What you are NOT willing to pay for OG to Memphis this winter?

Obviously, Ja, JJJ, Bane are out of discussion.

Would you include Smart?

Would you include more than one unprotected 1st?

Let’s define our best offer.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Price for OG 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:53 am

I wouldn't include Smart personally. OG is an unrestricted free agent after the season and is going to be expensive to retain. I'd definitely give up assets to get OG, but I'm not sure if I personally would give up enough to get a deal done. May be something where we attempt a sign and trade this offseason.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#3 » by jefe » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:57 pm

If the rumors were true, then I don't know which party was dumber: our front office for offering three firsts for him at the deadline last year or their front office for rejecting the offer.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 7:03 pm

jefe wrote:If the rumors were true, then I don't know which party was dumber: our front office for offering three firsts for him at the deadline last year or their front office for rejecting the offer.

At this point, I think if OG was on a long term contract, I can see the Grizzlies making a move toward him. Right now, trading for someone of his caliber with no years remaining is a risk. Who's to say if OG is willing to stay with the Grizzlies and willing to grow with them as a team and build chemistry and camaraderie if the trade were to take place.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#5 » by jefe » Wed Nov 8, 2023 1:06 pm

SD2042 wrote:
jefe wrote:If the rumors were true, then I don't know which party was dumber: our front office for offering three firsts for him at the deadline last year or their front office for rejecting the offer.

At this point, I think if OG was on a long term contract, I can see the Grizzlies making a move toward him. Right now, trading for someone of his caliber with no years remaining is a risk. Who's to say if OG is willing to stay with the Grizzlies and willing to grow with them as a team and build chemistry and camaraderie if the trade were to take place.

Yeah, he's a great player. My comment was made in relation to his contract status. Giving up three first round picks for a guy you may only get ~100 games out of is crazy.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies