Written Article

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Written Article 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:28 pm

This is a written article written and posted by realgm's own Patrick Austin. This is what he had to say about the Grizzlies and the new direction he feels they should go towards. Obviously for us Grizzfans, we heard it all before.

http://grizzlies.realgm.com/articles/45 ... eal_gasol/
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#2 » by dark-child » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:39 am

I can usually agree with these guys up until they say what we should accept for Gasol. I mean Tyrus Thomas can not manufacture his own offense, he is a finisher. Chicago has so much regret right now in trading LeMarcus Aldridge that they are begging for a low post scorer. Hence why are we to believe that Thomas is going to blossom into that when they are not willing to wait for the Spring and see for themselves. I have yet to see a deal that makes sense for the Grizz come from Chicago. I just don't feel they have the pieces to get it done alone. They have to involve a third team. If they were willing to send Ben Wallace to New York and have Curry come to Memphis, and ship Thabo, Thomas, and a pick then that would be getting value for Gasol. Gasol should also be packaged and not with Navarro but with Cardinal. New Direction is not the same as rebuilding, which this franchise can ill afford to do. They have wasted enough time and they simply must retool and focus on different guys.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies