Multi Franchise States Draft - Playin #2 - lilroddyb vs flaco*

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,178

Multi Franchise States Draft - Playin #2 - lilroddyb vs flaco* 

Post#1 » by durantbird » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:49 am

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 3 votes advances**

lilroddyb wrote:

flaco wrote:
flaco
Veteran
And1: 875

Re: Multi Franchise States Draft - Playin #2 - lilroddyb vs flaco 

Post#2 » by flaco » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:46 pm

Best of luck, roddy!

Rotation
PG: Jason Kidd (36) / Alex Caruso (12)
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (24) / JJ Redick (24)
SF: Jimmy Butler (36) / Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (12)
PF: Kevin Durant (36) / Serge Ibaka (12)
C: Kristaps Porzingis (30) / Serge Ibaka (18)

Offense
KD and KP shoot at will from the perimeter. Nobody is tall/long enough to contest their shots. Butler slashes to the basket. He excels at absorbing contact as evidenced by his FTr of 62.5% in his selected season. With so much space in the paint, he should be unstoppable. DeAndre would be all over the place trying to both contest the 3 against KP and protect the rim against Butler. Kidd spams the PnP. He keeps everyone involved, hence he keeps everyone happy. At that point in his career, he had become a reliable volume 3pt shooter averaging a 3PAr of 61.7%. JJ and Ibaka provide even more shooting ability off the bench.

Defense
Porzingis drops back to protect the rim. He's at his best in a drop scheme. DeAndre cannot force him to step out of his comfort zone. Wing D should be strong with six switchable defenders to throw at LeBron/TMac including my Point Guards who are both oversized at their position. For instance, Kidd did a great job on LeBron in the 2011 Finals. With the amount of switching in the modern game, everybody defends basically everybody.

FGA
2017 Kevin Durant 16.5 Image Image Image Image
2023 Jimmy Butler 13.9 Image
2010 Jason Kidd 8.4 Image
2020 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 7.3 Image
2021 Kristaps Porzingis 15.9
2020 Alex Caruso 4.5 Image
2017 Serge Ibaka 12.4
2012 JJ Redick 9.0

Total: 87.9
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,288

Post#3 » by lilroddyb » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:10 pm

C: Deandre jordan 30 min / Draymond Green 18 min
Pf: Draymond Green 20 min / Lebron James 10 min / Robert Horry 10 min
Sf: Tracy mcgrady 38 min / Lebron James 10 min
Sg: Danny Green 36 min / Gary Payton II 12 min
Pg: Lebron James 18 min / Tyrese Haliburton 30 min

2013 Lebron James 17.8
2003 Tracy McGrady 24.2
2014 Danny Green 7.4
2016 Draymond 10.1
2007 Robert Horry 3.7
2022 Gary Payton II 4.8
2022 Tyrese Haliburton 11.8
2015 Deandre Jordan 6.5

Tfga: 86.3

Offense

All my guys are good/respectable at threepoint shooting even Draymond Green in the chosen season outside of Deandre Jordan. I think TMac could work well with Lebron like Wade and Kyrie have done and Haliburton will take care of business when Lebron hits the bench. Draymond is not playing the ideal role like he did with Golden state warriors but he hasn't been tested with other rosters to be honest and he got high basketball IQ, is at his best shooting the threes and still gives great screens etc.. so I think they will find way to make it work with good offball players like Deandre Jordan, Danny Green and Robert Horry

Defense

all my guys are elite defenders outside of Haliburton and TMac. I think TMac can be decent though when focused

Defensive matchup

Deandre Jordan vs Kristaps
Draymond Green vs Butler
Danny Green vs Durant ( Danny Green has guarded Durant pretty well during their careers see in spoilers )
Spoiler:
Durant 2010-18 overall: 28.2p/7.6r/4.3a/3.2t/62.5 TS%
against Green (17 games): 24.5p/8.4r/4.3a/3.5t/57.6 TS%
(I know Durant plays SF, but whenever the Spurs played him, he was primarily Danny's assignment)

Tmac VS KCP
Lebron vs Kidd

but My team is huge and can switch on pretty much anyone.

Overall

Flaco has a great team and probably the best spacing in the tournament but my spacing overall is fine with most of my guys being decent threepoint shooters. I think my advantage is defense despite having Haliburton and TMac on the roster because I think Draymond Green and Lebron James are the best defenders in the matchup.

We have the rebounding edge

and Lebron is the best player

best of luck Flaco
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,833

Post#4 » by Fadeaway_J » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:40 pm

The shooting is fine, but I do wonder how well LeBron/T-Mac/Draymond will function as a trio being very much on-ball players. Defensively, I see Porzingis giving DAJ all manner of problems with his outside shooting, even with LeBron and Draymond as help defenders.

On the other hand, roddy has far more dynamic off-the-dribble options with Hali added to LeBron and T-Mac. Kidd is still a great passer but his lack of scoring pressure makes him a lot less dangerous in the pick-and-roll, and you're not getting any of that from Caruso either. That just feels like a hard way to go against a team with roddy's defensive personnel.

Vote: lilroddyb
uberhikari
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,838

Post#5 » by uberhikari » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:45 pm

I can buy T-Mac and LeBron as a duo but they don't synergize with Draymond and Jordan. Overall it feels like a clunky LeBron team. However, flaco's team fits together perfectly and makes sense. This is a situation where roddy has 2 of the best 3 players in the series but I don't think the talent advantage can overcome the lack of offensive synergy. Vote: flaco
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by durantbird » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:25 pm

I agree with Uber. I just love the synergy for flaco more, who has a great fit as usual. The shooting frontcourt of Durant-Porzingis will keep the offense flowing better, and will enable Butler to flourish.

Vote flaco
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,582

Post#7 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:09 pm

I agree Draymond's playmaking beside Lebron/Tmac isn't ideal fit and I think Deandre gets lost guarding Kristaps on the perimeter. flaco's depth is pretty impressive. Vote flaco.
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by durantbird » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:10 pm

flaco advances

Return to Trades and Transactions Games