Welcome To Our New Trades and Transactions Games Forum

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,708

Welcome To Our New Trades and Transactions Games Forum 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Tue Oct 7, 2008 11:59 pm

I would like to welcome everyone to our new NBA Trades and Transactions Games forum.

When I started the search to find new moderators for our regular NBA Trade Forum, one idea floating around was a subforum to clear up all of the sticky topics on the main forum and allow for some flexibility thread wise for these games.

This idea and thoughts expressed by the candidates have led to this new subforum.

The board will be moderated by bryant08 and dcash4.

Both have been leaders in these games and know they will both do a fine job moderating this forum.

I hope that this change will make all of your experiences on the trade forum better.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Re: Welcome To Our New Trades and Transactions Games Forum 

Post#2 » by loserX » Wed Oct 8, 2008 12:16 am

Nice idea...and congrats to two excellent new mods!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,292

Post#3 » by shrink » Wed Oct 8, 2008 5:42 pm

I think this is an excellent idea!

I think the trade boards have been flourishing lately with many great new posters, and some revitality from some dependable veteran posters, and I think one of the reasons is the Trade & Transactions games. These threads lead to a lot more in-depth thinking, and fairly balanced trades, because if you don't .. you get judged and lose!

While it may seem like I'm on the Trade Board constantly, I don't have an unlimited amount of time to devote to posting here. I try to answer questions or give opinions for anyone who posts about MIN, since as a small-market teams, I don't think a lot of posters have access to good information about the Timberwolves. In addition, I used to have a handful of posters who I always read their trades (and I'm lamenting the loss of pja here). I'd toss in a comment if I thought I had a point of view that might add to the discussion, but mostly I just followed along. However, while it was just a handful of "must-reads" 6-9 months ago, that number has swelled to the high teens lately. It seems like the majority of these great posters come from the Trade Games too. The Games threads are fantastic reads by themselves, but I think they also provide a proving ground for the next batch of great RealGM traders, and I've been impressed how a number of relatively new posters have been able to keep up with the established veterans.

These Games make everyone better, and even when I'm not competing in them, I just wanted to say that I appreciate the effort put in by the people that run the games, the contestants, and even the RealGM staff (including the great new mod selections) for developing these games, and ergo, the Trade Board as a whole. Thanks.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#4 » by Gremz » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:56 pm

Congrats on the mod-ship guys!!!
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#5 » by VintaGe36 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Anybody who doesn't abide by Bryant08's rules will be dealt with, with an iron fist. I will personally see to it.

Feel free to disobey Dcash4 though. :lol:
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#6 » by randomhero423 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:55 pm

shouldn't the PC games go here too?
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com

Return to Trades and Transactions Games