50%

Total votes: 12

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Gm A Team: End Date 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:05 am

most gm's still seem active according to the activity check...but trades have hit a real slow point. when do people want to stop the trading process and begin the draft order / draft? / free agency? / judging

i'll create a poll to get a rough idea. please comment on everything please.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Re: Gm A Team: End Date 

Post#2 » by MJallday59 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:28 am

Yeah, this game has definately slowed down a bit. So while we have people who are still active...

I say Trades end Dec. 1st

Draft ends Dec 5th

Free Agency ends Dec. 13th

and judging concludes Dec 20th

and maybe we can try again next year???
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#3 » by CellarDoor » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:11 am

I think the idea of having a draft in December when the propsects won't even have entered conference play is a bit dumb honestly. Maybe just sim the teams to see what picks people WOULD have and assess the team according to their draft position.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#4 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:53 am

MJallday59 wrote:Yeah, this game has definately slowed down a bit. So while we have people who are still active...

I say Trades end Dec. 1st

Draft ends Dec 5th

Free Agency ends Dec. 13th

and judging concludes Dec 20th

and maybe we can try again next year???
Check your email.

And as for the end date - when I started this, I kind of figured it would go until the end of December. Maybe starting a draft and/or FA would jump start the game a little bit.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#5 » by deNIEd » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:44 am

Well, I would assume that once Holiday season approaches, people will be less active, so either end right before it, or after it
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by bcortell » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:01 am

I would say trades end at the end of the year. and then we go with the draft afterwards. we get more time to check out prospects and i actually disagree about the activity- i think people will have more time to be active if they so choose- they will be on breaks (for those in school). I'm good either way though.. so i don't care.
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#7 » by nba_addict » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:04 am

I voted for end of December as end date for trades.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#8 » by Gremz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:27 pm

I'd be keen to get this thing wrapped up by the end of december. I'll be pretty off limits in terms of activity during January, so if the voting is done by December 31st it would be best for me.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#9 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Well see you can't actually end it at the end of December with the holidays and what not. For instance, I'll be gone the last week of December. Maybe finish up trading around the middle of January.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#10 » by roc » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:34 pm

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:Well see you can't actually end it at the end of December with the holidays and what not. For instance, I'll be gone the last week of December. Maybe finish up trading around the middle of January.

QFT

I may not be very active in making trades for a bit as I like my youngins but may change that tune depending on what type of progress or lack of progress I see from them as the season gets into full swing. In other words, need some time to see how the unknowns work out.

I vote mid Jamuary.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:14 am

I vote for January if we do a draft, otherwise December works.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Post#12 » by dockingsched » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:58 am

looks like the end date won't be til january. if trades slow down during the holiday seasons, so be it. it should be expected. this gives time for everyone to get back for any judging / draft and allows for real life players to better show their stuff for the judging process.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Trades and Transactions Games