TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - CellarDoor is the winner!

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

eitanr
General Manager
And1: 300

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Round 1->13 in waiting on 3 

Post#101 » by eitanr » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:20 pm

3. sterncohen vs. 6. SimonFish

SimonFish,

Not too shabby of an idea. Odom and James would be a very interesting duo. LO is athletic and can distribute the ball and is more than willing to take a back seat. He also would be the 4 in the East which is an area he does excel in.

Do the Lakers do this deal? I'd say they'd probably consider it. Varejo gives them a viable backup big to fill in the void from Turiaf and Wally is a nice shooter than helps spread the floor in their lineup. He is also a valuable expiring. Unsure if the Lakers could actually get much better than something like this.

sterncohen,

The idea of bringing Charlie V to Cleveland does make the Cavs younger, but not more competitive. Cook and Charlie V are just unproven youngsters who may become okay. They both can shoot, and are athletic, but it doesn't make them better at all.

Vote goes to SimonFish
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
eitanr
General Manager

Post#102 » by eitanr » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:35 pm

4. dcash4 vs. 5. babyjax13

dcash,

Not bad at all. I like the idea of dealing with Memphis. They do need a PF badly and Haslem could be okay there. Crittneton and Milicic are 2 nice young prospects and can do well in a new up and coming system in Miami.

babyjax,

The deal includes Haslem going to Memphis which was used in your opponent's deal and Crittenton and Milicic leaving Memphis. So it doesn't look original by any means. I do think AD and ET could help Miami, but with the exception of Washington being involved this is too similar to the previous deal. Sorry Charlie.

Vote goes to dcash.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,683

Post#103 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:54 pm

What happens with the people who didn't make one? I wanted some competition.
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#104 » by bryant08 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:14 pm

Sorry guys. Here's my proposal:

Chicago:
Andres Nocioni
Kirk Hinrich
Larry Hughes
2009 1st Rounder (lotto protected, unprotected in 2010)
for
Ray Allen
Brian Scalabrine
Eddie House
2009 2nd Rounder

Why: They take very little risk in acquiring a guy that could really take the Bulls to a higher level. With Rose/Gordon (assuming he's signed)/Allen, the Bulls backcourt would be one of the best in the league. Allen expires in 2010, so the Bulls aren't handicapping themselves here. Nocioni and Hinrich both have long term contracts, so getting this type of value back for them is a plus.

Noah/Gray
Gooden/Thomas/Simmons/Scalabrine
Deng/Sefolosha/Nichols
Allen/Gordon
Rose/House

Boston:
Ray Allen
Brian Scalabrine
Eddie House
2009 2nd Rounder
for
Andres Nocioni
Kirk Hinrich
Larry Hughes
2009 1st Rounder (lotto protected, unprotected in 2010)

Why: Nocioni replaces Posey and Hinrich gives them a legitimate defensive combo guard. This package is exactly what they need, as it adds some depth to lineup while not sacrificing a high talent level. Hughes expires at the same time as Allen, so there's no loss there and he could have a chance to flourish playing with KG/Pierce. The first rounder only sweetens the deal.

Perkins/Davis/O'Bryant
Garnett/Powe
Nocioni/Walker/Miles
Pierce/Allen/Giddens
Rondo/Hinrich/Hughes

Good luck DGrangeRx33, as mentioned, I think that's one pretty solid deal. One of the best 3 way deals I've seen in a while.
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#105 » by Sports Arsenal » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:59 am

Ok sorry guys I have been evacuated and without power due to Ike...
But heres what I got with a little help from a friend...

Dallas Out:
Dampier/Stack
Dallas In:
Nocioni/Etan Thomas/Francis/Harris

Chicago Out:
Hughes/Nocioni
Chicago In:
Dampier/Stac

Washington Out:
Thomas/Daniels
Washington In:
Hughes/Head

Houston Out:
Francis/Head/Harris
Houston In:
Daniels

Dallas moves JHO to the 2.

Kidd/Terry
JHO/Terry
Nocioni/JHO
Dirk/Bass
Diop/Thomas

Deep Bench: Barea/George/Wright/Green/R.Terry/Foster
Cut Francis/Harris

Why for Dallas:
They get younger and more ready to compete for the title.
Why for Chicago:
They move Huges horrible contract for a good veteran to lead the guys in the locker room and the big center they are missing
Why for Washington:
They obtain Head and Huges two solid role players to fill the roles need there in Washington
Why for Houston: Alston and Brooks are just not going to hold it down at the point by their selves. Houston fans want Head out! Francis is a nonfactor, they pick up a solid defender at the point to back up Alston and give brooks a little more time to develop
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#106 » by wezbo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:14 am

Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players

1st rd pick

Mike James
Salary: $6,244,093 Years Remaining: 1

Hilton Armstrong
Salary: $2,032,800 Years Remaining: 1

Outgoing Players: Mike Miller

New Orleans Hornets

Incoming Players

Mike Miller
Salary: $9,028,575 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Mike James, Hilton Armstrong, 1st rd pick

Hornets get the shooter they need, without giving up too much youth, and minnesota sheds a little bit of cap, and some youth
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
eitanr
General Manager

Post#107 » by eitanr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:57 pm

3. ShaqSux vs. 6. bness888

bness888,

Dallas needs to take the high risk high reward path this off-season and this could be the deal that does it. The Mavs may be giving up too much for AI at this point of his career and also taking on a large contract in Nene. If Nene could be healthy though and AI could continue his level of play, you'd have to consider the Mavs a major threat in the West.

I can't see Denver getting a better return for Iverson if they want to add a talented player along Mello. Unsure if Howard can play the 2 and co-exist with AI...then again the same question was asked about AI.

I would also not include the Bulls in this deal. I can't see Chicago wanting Terry who is very similar to Gordon, on their roster. I think the Jet would actually be a super sub for that lineup in big D.

Overall Nice Job!

ShaqSux,

This deal has 4 teams to it and seems unnecessary to do so. Dallas gets Noch, but he isn't the guy that will make that competitive in the West. After this deal they are arguabley not even a better team, have a fatter contract in a slot they don't need one at and still will be hanging on the rim of their playoff hopes.

Vote goes to bness888

eitanr
General Manager

Post#108 » by eitanr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:23 pm

1. DGrangeRx33 vs. 8. bryant08

DGrangeRx33,

I don't think your deal really makes Boston better. As for the long term the pieces are set nicely, but they may not be better than Cleveland right now after this deal. I don't see Wright and Simmons as such valuable young pieces going forward.

Bryant08,

You used the same team, Chicago, as your opponent did which is risky with originality. Truth is both of your notions have been tossed around realgm a bit and can be knocked for creativity etc. Truth is though I am a fan of this deal, original or not. The C's have many options in their lineup with Hinrich and Noch there. They suffice their big holes, backup PG and Posey filler and get younger in the process. They also receive a future pick which DA would be licking his chops over.
Overall this is the better deal.

Vote goes to Bryant08

eitanr
General Manager

Post#109 » by eitanr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:34 pm

4. wezbo vs. 5. pistons

pistons,

I feel the Nets get a bit slighted in your deal. You have them acquiring VC for soon to be expiring deals and what would be most likely a low first round pick. It is true it aids in their 2010 plan, but they'll at least need Julian Wright thrown in the deal to be more considerate of it. I feel the Bucks could add some incentive NJ's way to the deal if they are able to unload Bell's nasty deal and take back Butler's expiring in the process.

wezbo,

This deal is more concise, but also unsure if the partner, in this case Minny pulls the trigger. If Armstrong can play the 5 then NOH would have to re-consider. In the end both deals may require Julian Wright to be used, but I see Mike Miller as the easier player to obtain than VC. Though the Hornets already have shooting and can use VC more, going for Miller is a more realistic option.

Vote goes to wezbo

eitanr
General Manager

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Round 1->Judging has begun 

Post#110 » by eitanr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Ok LBJMVP23 and Vinatge...Judge Away.

2 votes and you advance.

LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#111 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:08 pm

1 skorff26 vs. 8 OtisThrope

Skorf – pretty solid job overall, and this could happen at the deadline if the blazers are in the playoff race and the warriors are out of it. Only think that concerns me is if the blazers would take on someone like Jackson.

Otisthorpe – blazers would certainly do this, but I don’t know if the Bobcats would. The value is OK, but I just don’t see this being very realistic.

Vote: skorf

2 cellardoor vs. 7 nba_addict

Cellardoor – kings and wiz would obviously do it, but I don’t think the t-wolves would want an older player like miller. The cavs might have done it, but west has more value than that imo.

Nba addict – I HIGHLY doubt the blazers would give up outlaw for a backup to oden.

Vote: cellardoor

3 ShaqSux vs. 6 bness888

Bness – I don’t see the nuggets or bulls doing those trades. The nuggets have a pretty good SF and hinrich>terry no matter how you slict it.

Shaqsux – pretty solid deal overall. I especially like the wizards getting Hughes back; he thrived there once, and he can thrive there again.

vote: shaqsux

4 wezbo vs. 5 pistons

Pistons – come on. Carter is worth wayyyyyy more than that.

Wezbo – I doubt the t-wolves would trade miller, but the value here is much better.

vote: wezbo

2 ecuhus1981 vs 7 randomhero423

Randomhero - 1st is a pretty solid deal all around. The blazers won’t want to give up rudy, but they definitely get fair value back. As for the 2nd deal – the bobcats get help but lose value, and vice versa for the bucks. Both teams probably shoot this one down.

Ecuhus – I like this a lot for the Wizards and Bobcats, but I don’t think Brevin would be welcome back on the Bobcats. What really is the problem with your deal is Houston’s part; no way they give up Battier like that.

Vote: randomhero

3 sterncohen vs 6 simonfish

Simonfish – I can see why each team does this deal, but I think the only team that for sure does it is minny. Lakers wouldn’t give away odom for less than his value, and the cavs wouldn’t give up that much value for a rental who doesn’t fit that well. Nice try though.

Sterncohen – I think the bucks would absolutely do this deal, and the cavs would be nuts to turn it down. The heat get poor value here, but the fit is there.

vote: sterncohen

4 dcash4 vs. 5 babyjax13

Dcash – very realistic deal all around; the value is spot-on and it accomplishes something for each team. Good job!

Babyjax – very similar to dcash’s trade, but I think the value in his was closer.

vote: dcash4

1 dgrangeRx33 vs. 8 bryant08

Dgrange – this was a hard assignment, so you did a pretty good job. This definitely gives the Celtics depth and a replacement for posey. Bulls and heat make out pretty well.

Bryant – uh… déjà vu?

vote: dgrange
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#112 » by CellarDoor » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks for the votes Judges. I was a bit worried about West signing a new deal after I proposed this. In hindsight Minny may have given up a bit too much, but don't underestimate their desire to get AlJeff out of that C spot.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#113 » by VintaGe36 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:07 am

Sorry about not having my judging in. Some things have come up.

I will have them up by the weekend, hopefully sooner.

again, my apoligizes.
eitanr
General Manager

Post#114 » by eitanr » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Wezbo, Cellar Door, and dcash advance by clinching 2 votes a piece. 5 more people will advance pending on the Vintage's judging.

Vintage, if you want to save time, you do not need to judge the 3 proposals of the aforementioned players.

R33D33
General Manager
And1: 15
Location: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Post#115 » by R33D33 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:10 pm

I'd have to go with skorff26 over Otisthorpe. I have to take into consideration that they have a new coach, Larry Brown who is big on defense. Bobcats are simply giving up too much and he'll play a bigger role with the team then ever before.

I'll also have to go with Shaqsux over bness888, bulls are giving up too much for Kirk Hinrich, they are simply adding two more guards on the roster for one.

As for Ecuchus1981 vs. Randomhero, this one wasn't easy- but I went with Ecuchus1981. Nets are not in position to trade VC for that and Battier, while I can't see him getting traded for that little either he becomes a bit more expendable after the Rockets got Artest.

I have to go with Simonfish here, neither trade was too impressive for me I don't think CharlieV fits the bill as a PF. Lakers have placed Odom on the block for quite a while and they get good value to replace him with Wally and Anderson V., to make up for the loss of Ronny Turiaf.

This was a tough assignment but I'll have to go with Dgrange on this one, In Bryant08's deal the Bulls give up way too much and Dgrange's proposal sounded more realistic. Nice job, this was close.
R33D33 wrote:Can we agree on this, get rid of all benefits corporations get from governments?
Bulltalk wrote:Not really.
‎"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." – H.L. Mencken
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by CellarDoor » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:02 pm

^ Is this a Vintage alias, or is someone just randomly judging?
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:15 am

That is NOT me.

I really don't know who he is.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by CellarDoor » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:46 am

lol, nice.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:17 am

Western Conference Matchups:
1. skorff26 vs. 8. OtisThorpe

Quality > Quantity.

IMO skorff's deal is more fair, and better for POR.

Vote goes to: Skorff26

3. ShaqSux vs. 6. bness888

I think Howard, regardless of position, is a great player to pair next to Melo. I don't think CHI would trade for Terry though to be honest.

My vote goes to ShaqSux.

His trade is a shifting of bad contracts for average role players, but it looks pretty fair all the way around.

Eastern Conference Matchups:
1. DGrangeRx33 vs. 8. bryant08

I think that in DGrangerx33's deal, he undervalues Ray Allen, sticking BOS with Hughe's ugly deal. Neither deal is spectacular, but the premise was quite difficult. I'll give the nod to Bryant08.

2. ecuhus1981 vs. 7. randomhero423
Neither trade is all that great if you ask me. Both underrate SF by a large margin(Battier and Gerald Wallace.)

Ecuhus has a win-now rockets team trading away Battier for a so-so outside shooter and a future pick, a big NO-NO for contending teams.

On the Flipside however, I can't see CHA wanting to start VC next to Jrich, I don't see it fitting.

all in all, I go with randomhero423.

3. sterncohen vs. 6. SimonFish

I must commend both participants here. CLE is a hard team to trade with, and you both did outstanding jobs IMO. However my vote goes to Sterncohen, since IMO SimonFish underrates Odom's value just a tad. Both great trades though.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,683

Post#120 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:29 am

Meh, Hughes expires the same time as Allen and he would be a great bench player for a team like that. I think they could have gotten the best out of him and didn't look at him with negative value in this trade, but whatever. Best of luck guys.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games