TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - CellarDoor is the winner!

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Round 2->Tuesday at 12PM ET DL 

Post#141 » by CellarDoor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:23 pm

eitanr wrote:CellarDoor,

I like the idea a lot. Maxiel is the kind of guy that would fill in nicely at the 4 with Memphis. He will recieve ample minutes and majority of the touches in the post. He can open up the floor for Gay and Mayo. He'd be a mainstay in Memphis' future front court.

Unsure if the Nuggets do this deal though. They overrate Kileza like crazy and may overvalue him to such a degree. If I'm Denver, I do like this deal and pull the trigger regardless.

Dealing Maxiel makes sense since his value is at its highest and the Pistonss have Amir Johnson and Brown backing up their 4/5. Klieza could fit well in their system and could turn this deal into Detroit's favor as well..

Great Job Overall!

ShaqSux,

This deal is also nice, solid, and simple. The Heat are probably takers in this trade since they acquire a much needed center in Darko and move an expenadable 4. The Grizz could probably get more out of this deal say a future 2nd rd pick etc....but that's just nitty gritty. Overall this is a nice solid deal.

I don't think Haslem is the exact 4 the Grizz are looking for. Haslem fits better alongside a dominant 5 man (Shaq, Duncan etc) and could play that Kurt Thomas role (hit mid range jumpers and play solid post D). I don't see him as ever becoming a dominant 4 whatsoever, or really being able to command a double team etc.

I see Maxiell as a better long term option for Memphis at the 4 spot and though both deals were great.....My Vote goes to CellarDoor.

Thanks for the vote. I feel like the fit and comparable talent make this a go from Denver's POV, and I think Kleiza really gives Detroit versatility in backing up Prince and sliding to the 4 for some small lineups.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#142 » by eitanr » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:40 pm

3. sterncohen vs. 7. randomhero423

randomhero423,

The first deal with Utah makes some sense, the others overall really do not.

The Bulls take a risk and deal a future pick in 09, which is supposedly a somewhat weak draft, and Hughes' deal to retrieve AK47. Noch is expendable for Chicago and AK47 could flourish at the 4 in their system.

Noch could seem to fit in Sloan's system, and the Jazz even get a nice draft pick out of the deal. They may consider this move.

I am unsure if the Kings love the Hinrich deal. They already shelled out enough money to Udrih to call him their starting PG. Hinrich to Sacto deals have been floated around before with Kings' fans declaring that response.

With the Clippers deal, it would seem the Bulls could do much better for Ben Gordon. Also the Clipps already have another similar Gordon who they'd need PT to develop for. Seems redudant to have both.

The Grizz hose the Bulls by snagging Ty Thomas from them. The Grizz would love this deal and do not give up nearly enough for the PF they wanted in the rumored Gasol deal from a season ago.

Overall not too shabby. I would have simplifed it and just mentioned the first deal. It gives the Bulls a legit 4 and cuts their wing glut.

sterncohen,

I can't see the Jazz doing the first deal.

They are left with no center and just a long term contract with really not much incentive. Yes they have AK47 at the 4, but Booz is out of position at the 5 slot.

NOH may like their deal since they add bulk, but do they unload Wright so easily in such a package?
Also where exactly does Wright even fit in with the Bulls?

I don't like the final lineup for Chicago. They turn from a team filled with youth, albiet some large deals, and some wing glut (but tradeable players), to one with less quality assets and less chance to contend for the future.

My Vote goes to randomhero423
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Post#143 » by dockingsched » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:00 am

with the two people that haven't posted their scenario, can u edit their name into the title to get their attention?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#144 » by bryant08 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Re-building the Indiana Pacers:

I took the approach of allowing Indiana to have as much salary at once coming off the cap, while maintaining a team that could surprise people right now. They do add some unusual contracts that may be longer than the ones they have on the cap right now, but for teams trading with them it usually entails adding some incentive.

Trade 1

Stephen Graham
Jamaal Tinsley
Troy Murphy
for
Kenyon Martin
Chucky Atkins
2009 2nd Round Pick

Why for IND: They add a significant upgrade defensively at PF and are the type of team that can take a risk on K-Mart. They dump Tinsley and shake it up a bit.

Why for DEN: The 'Thuggets' add another trouble-maker, but one who could give them a boost offensively. Their defensive game is a lost cause IMO, so they can try and add offensive pieces to make them an elite bombing team. Murphy only helps that cause and IMO is an extremley underrated piece in this deal. Graham gives them another cheap wing for the bench.

Final Roster:
Foster/Hibbert/Nesterovic
Martin/McRoberts/Harrison/Baston
Dunleavy/Daniels/Graham
Granger/Rush
Ford/Jack/Diener

This in my opinion is a team that's simply tough to play against. With ball movement, penetration and rebounding as staples of the team, they won't be a push over anymore. And when 2011 rolls around, they could be looking at adding a significant piece(s) while keeping the core of Hibbert/Granger/Rush/Ford/Jack around.

(Sorry for taking so long guys, really tough scenario IMO)
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#145 » by CellarDoor » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:53 am

tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Rd 2->Waiting4 Wezbo,Bryant08 

Post#146 » by bryant08 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:45 am

eitanr
General Manager

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Rd 2->Waiting4 Wezbo,Bryant08 

Post#147 » by eitanr » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Bryant08,

Please edit your trade if you are going to change it.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Rd 2->Waiting on Wezbo 

Post#148 » by skorff26 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:02 pm

Does Wezbo have a deadline to post his trade?
eitanr
General Manager

Post#149 » by eitanr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Wezbo is out....Deadlines are posted after the scenarios are delivered.

eitanr
General Manager

Post#150 » by eitanr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:32 pm

4. dcash4 vs. 8. bryant08

dcash4,

The Lakers may bite on your deal. Miller would fit in nicely along Bryant's penetrating and Gasol's post up game. Minnesota takes a longer look at it. They can easily fetch better offers (Cleveland, Lakers themselves, etc) from other clubs if they are that willing to unload Miller's deal (Daniels and Cardinal's deals are a wash). Also is Minnesota really able or willing to get a legit guy for 15 mill next season. Who is honestly available that is young and will help that franchise in it's current movement?

Indiana gets a good deal here. Obie could use Odom the same way he used Walker which would be at least entertaining to say the least. I like the idea of bringing Odom to Indiana....I just don't see how this deal would get done with the way you constructed it.

bryant08,

So Denver, a team trying to cut costs, takes on longer contracts because it may help them get a little better this season....if that? This coming from the same team that unloaded Camby for nothing....I don't see Denver touching too many deals that net them larger contracts in general.
I don't even think this deal does enough for Indy either.

Overall the scenario was hard and I understand that, but both deals were far from stellar. Vote goes to dcash4 since Odom in Indy is somewhat creative and could be interesting to see.

eitanr
General Manager

Post#151 » by eitanr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:33 pm

skorff advances due to the fact that Wezbo was waaaay past the deadline.

Judges, judge away....Round 2 judging has begun.

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Post#152 » by dockingsched » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:05 pm

eitanr wrote: They can easily fetch better offers (Cleveland, Lakers themselves, etc) from other clubs if they are that willing to unload Miller's deal (Daniels and Cardinal's deals are a wash).

just to clear things up, daniels has a team option for 09/10 that could and should be declined, thus making him an expiring contract this season. cardinal has two guaranteed yrs. they aren't a wash.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by bryant08 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:03 pm

eitanr wrote:4. dcash4 vs. 8. bryant08

bryant08,

So Denver, a team trying to cut costs, takes on longer contracts because it may help them get a little better this season....if that? This coming from the same team that unloaded Camby for nothing....I don't see Denver touching too many deals that net them larger contracts in general.
I don't even think this deal does enough for Indy either.

Overall the scenario was hard and I understand that, but both deals were far from stellar. Vote goes to dcash4 since Odom in Indy is somewhat creative and could be interesting to see.

Jamaal Tinsley - 3 years
Troy Murphy - 3 years
Stephen Graham - 1 year
for
Kenyon Martin - 3 years (ETO for last which won't be used since he's gonna be making $16M+)
Chucky Atkins - 2 years

In fact, Tinsley and Murphy in their final two years add under $3M to what Denver would have been paying K-Mart, and they save some $$ by ditching Atkins for an expiring.

I'm not trying to be a cocky in-your-face type of guy, but when I saw that I just really didn't understand how Denver was adding any extra long term contracts, while in fact the deal allows them to be spending a near identical amount of total $$ over the next 3 years.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Rd 2->Judging has begun 

Post#154 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:08 pm

2. cellardoor vs. 3 ShaqSux

Cellardoor – not bad. I’m not sure if maxiell is the “fix” for Memphis at pf, but the trade is fair and seems fairly realistic for all the teams. Good job

ShaqSux – eh… kind of boring. It gives each team a player at a position of need, but I just don’t see the “pizaaz” in this deal. Realistic though.

Vote: cellardoor

Randomhero – only trade I really like for the bulls is #1, which i’m not sure the jazz would do. Trade 2 the bulls would never do, and #4 doesn’t seem like good value for the bulls either. #3 is ok, but I don’t think the kings would want to take on hinrich’s cont ract. Very creative and nice effort, though.

Sterncohen – not bad overall, I think the trades in the idea were a bit more realistic.

vote: sterncohen

Dcash – pacers and lakers would do this deal easily, but 1) I don’t think the value’s there for Minnesota and 2) I doubt they trade Mike Miller.

Bryant – eh… bad contract for bad contract. It could work though, as the nuggets add much needed depth and the pacers add a real, tough, pf.

vote: bryant08

Skorff26 advances by default – I don’t think the warriors would do that trade you proposed, though.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - Rd 2->Vintage, please judge 

Post#155 » by CellarDoor » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks for the votes guys.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#156 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:50 am

By the looks of it, I only have to judge two of the matchups.

My vote goes to Sterncohen.

To be honest, neither was very good, and that was because both gave too much value back to CHI.

Sterncohen's trade didn't screw as many teams over.

more wrong fit kind of things.

My vote goes to Dcash4

A highly reliable MIN fan stated about a week ago, that Mike Miller/Cardinal for expiring would be a deal MIN would do.

Here they get an expiring, who ALSO happens to be capable of starting at C.(nothing spectacular, but a starter nontheless.)

Bryant08's trade actually ADDS salary to IND. It was a "Trash" for "trash" trade, t'was ok, but I preferred Dcash4's trade.
eitanr
General Manager

Post#157 » by eitanr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Rd 3 Conference Finals Matchups:

West:
1. skorff26 vs. 2. CellarDoor

East:
3. sterncohen vs. 4. dcash4

I will submit scenarios shortly

eitanr
General Manager

Post#158 » by eitanr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:37 pm

Western Conference Championship:

The LA Lakers tasted the finals last season.

This up coming season they tout a nice looking lineup and should be looking forward to Andrew Bynum being healthy. The team did lose Ronny Turiaf in the off-season and their backup front court seems somewhat suspectible. Some also feel that Odom does not fit in a front court rotation with Gasol and Bynum.

Construct a plan that places the Lakers in better position to win the title this up coming season (and future seasons as well). Make sure these players coming in fit well with the remainder of the lineup and coach Jackson's philosophy.

eitanr
General Manager

Post#159 » by eitanr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:45 pm

Eastern Conference Championship:

3. sterncohen vs. 4. dcash4

The Toronto Raptors made one of the more gutty moves of the off-season by acquiring Jermaine O'neal.

The Raptors seem pretty content with their big trio of Bosh-JO-Calderson. The only question is who will help them from the wing department?

Parker-Moon-Kapono-Graham is a very meh wing rotation for any club, especially one that is trying to advance in the post season.

Construct a plan that gives the Raptors a better and more sensible wing rotation. One that could have this team playing in the 2nd rd next season.

CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by CellarDoor » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm

eitanr wrote:Western Conference Championship:

The LA Lakers tasted the finals last season.

This up coming season they tout a nice looking lineup and should be looking forward to Andrew Bynum being healthy. The team did lose Ronny Turiaf in the off-season and their backup front court seems somewhat suspectible. Some also feel that Odom does not fit in a front court rotation with Gasol and Bynum.

Construct a plan that places the Lakers in better position to win the title this up coming season (and future seasons as well). Make sure these players coming in fit well with the remainder of the lineup and coach Jackson's philosophy.

Certainly not the easiest proposition of the tournament. The way I view the Lakers is like this:
Fisher/Farmar: More than adequate in the triangle. As Farmar develops you've got a nice tandem on your hands.
Kobe/Sasha: Obviously they're good here, but the important thing to keep in mind is that you can not move Kobe to the 3. Just because he can play there doesn't mean you want your best player playing out of position.
Odom/Ariza: Solid tandem as well. You really would like to see more shooting here with the big three around.
Gasol/Odom: Gasol's jumpshot is the only thing that may save the current SF rotation.
Bynum/Mihm: As long as Bynum holds up they've got a good thing going here.

LA out: Odom
LA in: Battier, Francis
Why? They get themselves a better fitting SF at the cost of Odom who probably isn't in their LT plans. They take on Long term salary, but less than Odom's current salary, leaving them room to play with Bynum's signing. Battier is a top flight wing defender who can hit a jumpshot. This also has the added advantage of making sure Battier ISN'T defending Kobe.
Fisher/Farmar
Kobe/Sasha/Ariza
Battier/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Vlad
Bynum/Mihm/Vlad

Houston out: Battier, Alston, Francis
Houston in: Hinrich, Noc
If Houston is confident in Artest, then using Battier to get a good back-up and upgrade your PG position is a terrific idea. After the trade the Rocket's starting lineup is Kirk, Mac, Artest, Scola, and Yao.
Kirk/Brooks/Head
Mac/Barry
Artest/Noc
Scola/Landry/Noc
Yao/Landry/Deke

Chicago out: Hinrich, Noc,
Chicago in: Odom, Alston, Thomas, Pecherov
Chicago goes into full rebuild while still fielding a solid team. Alston steps in as the starter while Rose learns the ropes and Odom becomes the starting 4 and back-up 3, providing Tyrus with ample developmental minutes.
Alton/Rose
Hughes/Thabo
Deng/Odom
Odom/Tyrus
Noah/Thomas

Washington out: Thomas, Pecherov,
Washington in: Gooden,
They get Thomas out of town before he starts anymore fist fights. This also gives them a nice back-up 4 and allows Jamison to fully back up Butler.
Arenas/Daniels
Stevenson/Young
Butler/Jamison
Jamison/Gooden
Haywood/Blatche

Return to Trades and Transactions Games