BaNT: Round 3

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: BaNT: Round 3 (Mascot is on the clock) 

Post#21 » by VintaGe36 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 11:41 pm

^Yeah, in a 16 team league, I see a lot of 3rd round players who really SHOULDN'T be your 3rd best player.
amb1ent
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#22 » by amb1ent » Mon Jan 5, 2009 11:50 pm

the difficulty is reconciling how this game is judged and how fantasy bball is played...some picks are godawful 3rd round fantasy wise, but make more sense if you're trying to create a "real" team

edit: i'm guilty of this with my 2nd round pick, but centers are at a premium and the allstars were all snapped up :wink:
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#23 » by roc » Tue Jan 6, 2009 12:14 am

I'm more concerned with building a winning TEAM than pretty stats fo sho.

and

I couldn't stomach the thought of somebody drafting my boy Stuckey before I got my next pick. Not really many good 2 way PGs in the league. I expect Rose will be the next one to go. Would suck to get stuck with a no D playin crap PG to run your team.

Arenas(I would never want him on my team) would have gone higher if he was playing this year.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by VintaGe36 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 12:23 am

^I'm not even talking about stats.

Look at my team

Billups
Pierce
Nash(who will be traded)

I Don't have fantasy studs, but I've taken savvy veterans who can just win basketball games.

I just think certain picks were premature to say the least, in that there were better options available.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#25 » by CellarDoor » Tue Jan 6, 2009 12:29 am

Agreed that there's been a ton of reaches overall. I'm not complaining though. It will make my pick easier.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by VintaGe36 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 12:32 am

^Still one more to go :wink:
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by roc » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:01 am

I would take Stuckey at this point before both Billups and Nash. Dude has ice in his veins and has been fantastic at controlling the flow of the game. Then again I like Nash about as much as I like AI. Not very much. I like 2 way players.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by CellarDoor » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:09 am

r0cd0gg wrote:I would take Stuckey at this point before both Billups and Nash. Dude has ice in his veins and has been fantastic at controlling the flow of the game. Then again I like Nash about as much as I like AI. Not very much. I like 2 way players.

Right...neither Nash or Billups has ever performed in the clutch. And Billups is a trash defender
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by VintaGe36 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:13 am

^You would really take Stuckey over Billups this year?
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by roc » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:19 am

CellarDoor wrote:
r0cd0gg wrote:I would take Stuckey at this point before both Billups and Nash. Dude has ice in his veins and has been fantastic at controlling the flow of the game. Then again I like Nash about as much as I like AI. Not very much. I like 2 way players.

Right...neither Nash or Billups has ever performed in the clutch. And Billups is a trash defender

Umm the 2 way player part was refferring to Nash not Billups. Nash sucks bad at D. His teams look pretty in the regular season and then fail big time in the playoffs.

"Defense wins championships"

There is a reason this mantra is so often repeated.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by CellarDoor » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:21 am

And you completely ignored the clutch part of the argument. lol

You should've stopped when you admitted it was a homer pick. No skin off my back though.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by roc » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:28 am

VintaGe36 wrote:^You would really take Stuckey over Billups this year?

Easily. I have seen plenty enough of both and Stuckey is just oozing with talent yet is as humble as Barry Sanders. He is easily our team's best player now and pretty much all our forum regulars(AI travelling fanbois don't count) would back me up on that.

Dude is 6'5" strong as hell, super quick, smart, calm, and agrressive when need be. He can play both halfcourt and run and gun styles and can hit from anywhere on the floor now. He will be an all star next year I guaransheed it.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by roc » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:34 am

CellarDoor wrote:And you completely ignored the clutch part of the argument. lol

You should've stopped when you admitted it was a homer pick. No skin off my back though.

Outside of maybe 3 playoff series over the years Billups has not been so 'clutch'. Stuckey has to show more of that even though he already has shown it in the playoffs last year. He was called on to start 2 games against Orlando and only had 1 turnover in both games combined while leading us to 2 victories.

Trust me, the man is money.

Sorry for gushing but all must become aware of the greatness that is Stuckey! :devil:
The Sixth Man
Senior
And1: 0

Post#34 » by The Sixth Man » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:41 am

r0cd0gg wrote:
CellarDoor wrote:And you completely ignored the clutch part of the argument. lol

Outside of maybe 3 playoff series over the years Billups has not been so 'clutch'. Stuckey has to show more of that even though he already has shown it in the playoffs last year. He was called on to start 2 games against Orlando and only had 1 turnover in both games combined while leading us to 2 victories.

Trust me, the man is money.

Sorry for gushing but all must become aware of the greatness that is Stuckey! :devil:

I'm not saying that Stuckey isn't good, but, in one of those games you're referring to, he had 6 points and 3 assists on 2-7 shooting. Not exactly what I'd call, "leading to victory".
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by roc » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:54 am

Yes you are correct on that one :oops: he did not score much in that game. Rip was on fire big time if I recall.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Post#36 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:55 am

for the purposes of this game i don't think stuckey over billups will hold much water. shaq over bynum/biedrins/kaman/camby, well i hope thats a different case :)
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by roc » Tue Jan 6, 2009 2:00 am

:evil: :lol:
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#38 » by SportsFan215 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 2:27 am

Is anyone interested in Tayshaun Prince for an upcoming pick?
amb1ent
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#39 » by amb1ent » Tue Jan 6, 2009 2:38 am

^ i am. email?
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#40 » by SportsFan215 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 3:02 am

Return to Trades and Transactions Games