BaNT: Round 4

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Re: BaNT: Round 4 (Mascot is on the clock) 

Post#21 » by Gremz » Wed Jan 7, 2009 1:57 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:^Honestly, I think you should wait a bit longer than 15 minutes to make the pick.

Cut him some slack, things come up, I think you should wait at least an hour, but thats just my opinion.

I think i agree here, there will be times throughout the day when the draft will be slow, but in all evidence shown so far, all teams have done well in getting their picks in. Perhaps a little leeway could be used.
sterncohen
Bench Warmer
And1: 38

Post#22 » by sterncohen » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:26 pm

No offense meant; I followed the rules as posted, but am happy to let Cellar Door rule on whether this is OK.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#23 » by CellarDoor » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:28 pm

Not that I don't mind the attention, but it's not my call. My official opinion is that since the LAST round wasn't event supposed to have ended until yesterday that it's completely understandable for Mascot to have not checked this thinking he had at least another 36 hours to pick. When the new round gets started ahead of schedule this could happen.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#24 » by Gremz » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:29 pm

sterncohen wrote:No offense meant; I followed the rules as posted, but am happy to let Cellar Door rule on whether this is OK.

Oh No! Don't give him the power!
Anyone but him!

Btw i'm bored, we should make a GM A Team deal :D
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#25 » by nba_addict » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:39 pm

^ Gremz please see my email.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by CellarDoor » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:56 pm

Gremz wrote:
sterncohen wrote:No offense meant; I followed the rules as posted, but am happy to let Cellar Door rule on whether this is OK.

Anyone but him!

Isn't it past your bedtime over in kangaroo land?
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by Gremz » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:58 pm

CellarDoor wrote:
Gremz wrote:

Anyone but him!

Isn't it past your bedtime over in kangaroo land?

The sound of Dingos howling and Koalas chewing gum leaves is keeping me awake again *sigh*
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 977

Post#28 » by Mascot » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:06 pm

he can have manu im taking Tyson Chandler

also, i dont have a problem with the current setup but after the last pick is made for a round there should be a 12 hour period of no picks and then a time set

such as

8:00pm last pick in round 4 is made but the last pick isnt scheduled till 12:00 am that night then the next person should have to make there pick in the next round until 12:00 pm the next day.
sterncohen
Bench Warmer
And1: 38

Post#29 » by sterncohen » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:55 pm

Glad that worked out. And sorry about the confusion - I meant Sixth Man, not Cellar Door.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by CellarDoor » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:06 pm

sterncohen wrote:Glad that worked out. And sorry about the confusion - I meant Sixth Man, not Cellar Door.

All good...people always confuse me for being in charge. I'm fairly certain i have more power than DCash around here.

/duck
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#31 » by SportsFan215 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 8:39 pm

I have been busy today, but I only have 20 minutes left for my pick. I am on AIM in anyone wants to discuss trades.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#32 » by SportsFan215 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 8:59 pm

Alright this was very tough for me, since I am still trying to get over losing out on Manu. After some thought Team LA will pick Derrick Rose to get a young stud amongst my other savvy veterans.
The Sixth Man
Senior
And1: 0

Post#33 » by The Sixth Man » Wed Jan 7, 2009 9:25 pm

Yeah, everyone seems to have the right idea when it comes to deadlines. It's fine to give the person before you a little extra time if need be, but you're certainly not obligated. But, as some of you pointed out, I foolishly started this round before the deadline for the last pick in the previous round. Thankfully, things worked out anyways.
ROYMVP
Freshman

Re: BaNT: Round 4 (76ersAreMe is on the clock) 

Post#34 » by ROYMVP » Wed Jan 7, 2009 9:41 pm

I am offering my 5th and 6th for one of the next 2 picks. If one of you are interested let me know. I am at work so I can't AIM but you can Email me at dlopardi@yahoo.com
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#35 » by The Sixth Man » Wed Jan 7, 2009 9:45 pm

ROYMVP, I think I have your AIM, but I'm not sure. What is it again?
ROYMVP
Freshman

Post#36 » by ROYMVP » Wed Jan 7, 2009 9:49 pm

The Sixth Man wrote:Yeah, everyone seems to have the right idea when it comes to deadlines. It's fine to give the person before you a little extra time if need be, but you're certainly not obligated. But, as some of you pointed out, I foolishly started this round before the deadline for the last pick in the previous round. Thankfully, things worked out anyways.

I think it is a good thing to start the next round early. It keeps things going. I would just keep the times in check with the round before. Infact, i would set up the next round when we get to the last 3 or 4 picks since the last person also picks first in the next round.
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#37 » by The Sixth Man » Wed Jan 7, 2009 9:55 pm

I'll keep that in mind. Also, do you know how to get onto Yahoo Messenger? If so, are you able to get on right now?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,092

Post#38 » by dockingsched » Wed Jan 7, 2009 9:57 pm

there should be a little more lee way when you are dealing with night time hours. mascot's turn came up around 11 pm eastern and sterncohen jymped him a little bit before 8:30 am. people be sleeping at that time.

if its ok with 6th man and cellar of course.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#39 » by The Sixth Man » Wed Jan 7, 2009 10:02 pm

Yes, but it will be up to the people picking after to be more lenient. It could slow things down considerably if I did that, plus, with all the different time zones, nighttime for me could be morning for someone else.
ROYMVP
Freshman

Post#40 » by ROYMVP » Wed Jan 7, 2009 10:13 pm

someone at work is showing me how to get AIM on my phone give me a couple of min and I should be able to get on. by the way my aim is roy4mvp

Return to Trades and Transactions Games