BaNT: Round 1

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

dchess
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: BaNT: Round 1 (Shepherd Book/VintaGe36 ; dchess on clock) 

Post#41 » by dchess » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:31 am

ill take Joe Johnson and Al Jefferson
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Post#42 » by dockingsched » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:42 am

wait, so how is this going to work? if Shepherd Book or VintaGe36 are ending up with the 16th pick in the 1st round, shouldn't they be the ones getting back to back picks or are they just screwed? shouldn't we wait for them to pick before starting the 2nd round?

i don't think its fair that someone already gets their 2nd pick if a team hasn't even picked at all. u gotta have some extra lee way, its new years eve.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
dchess
Sophomore

Post#43 » by dchess » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:47 am

dcash4 wrote:wait, so how is this going to work? if Shepherd Book or VintaGe36 are ending up with the 16th pick in the 1st round, shouldn't they be the ones getting back to back picks or are they just screwed? shouldn't we wait for them to pick before starting the 2nd round?

i don't think its fair that someone already gets their 2nd pick if a team hasn't even picked at all. u gotta have some extra lee way, its new years eve.

i dont care, ill repick if it works out. i wanted to take darius miles and damon jones anyways
The Sixth Man
Senior
And1: 0

Post#44 » by The Sixth Man » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:52 am

dcash4 wrote:wait, so how is this going to work? if Shepherd Book or VintaGe36 are ending up with the 16th pick in the 1st round, shouldn't they be the ones getting back to back picks or are they just screwed? shouldn't we wait for them to pick before starting the 2nd round?

Well, unfortunately, they're "just screwed". It's perfectly understandable that they missed their pick; I don't expect everyone to get their picks in on time. Hell, I may miss a pick or two (though I hope not). But that doesn't mean we have to stop the game for everyone else.

Here's what I will say: So that they don't get too far behind everyone else, I'm not going to create the round 2 thread just yet. dcash, you would be on the clock right now, but it seems like you are understanding and are willing to wait your turn. I'll give Shepherd/Vintage until the morning to make their selection. If they haven't made it by then, I'll have to find someone else. And then you'll be on the clock.

BTW, I hope everyone realizes that only one of Shepherd Book/VintaGe36 is in this (whichever one picks first).
The Sixth Man
Senior

Re: BaNT: Round 1 (Shepherd Book/VintaGe36 on clock) 

Post#45 » by The Sixth Man » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:54 am

Let me say one last thing, dcash and dchess, before I hit the hay. If Shepherd or Vintage wanted to pick Nowitzki, Johnson, or Jefferson, I will obviously allow them to ask for your permission to get that player and have you repick. But that's totally your call. I'm not going to force you to do that.
dchess
Sophomore

Post#46 » by dchess » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:59 am

i'm a supporter for "if you missed yoru pick than it's your fault". but i could care less at this point, if i need to wait to pick to get this thing rolling than thats fine.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,090

Post#47 » by dockingsched » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:03 am

dchess wrote:i'm a supporter for "if you missed yoru pick than it's your fault". but i could care less at this point, if i need to wait to pick to get this thing rolling than thats fine.

i as well but this is the 1st round where the players that are going to be active is still being worked out. vintage doesn't even know he's in the game at this point. i understand bumping them to the end of the 1st rnd though.

but its all good. i'm on the clock and i will not be picking til vintage/shepherd pick. i also don't expect anyone behind me to be put on the clock ahead of me since i'll probably be going to bed soon.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#48 » by CellarDoor » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:07 pm

Basically agree with what Cash said. This IS a holiday and it's a pretty involved one where most people aren't going to be near their computers, much less coherent. After I get out of the office I don't really intend upon being coherent for a day or 2. :)
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#49 » by The Sixth Man » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Alright, I see the pick still hasn't been made and I'm leaving the house soon. I don't really feel like rushing to make a thread, so I'll give them a few extra hours (until I get back). If neither of them has picked by then, I'll simply have to find another owner and get round 2 started up.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#50 » by CellarDoor » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:03 pm

TSM, you're going to run into issues going into tonight/tomorrow. I'm not going to speak for all of your participants, but I don't imagine I'm the only young good looking guy in this game that is going out tonight. I understand wanting to press through the game, but if people lose their picks or their places tonight and into tomorrow afternoon (recovery time) you're probably going to lose participants fast.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#51 » by The Sixth Man » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:24 pm

CellarDoor, that gives me an idea. I'm going to get someone to make that last pick of the first round, and then I'll start the second round thread. The thing is, I won't make any deadlines until probably January 2 or else very late tomorrow. Basically, the first few people in the second round will be able to make their selections if they happen to be on, but, if not, that's fine, and they won't be at a disadvantage.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#52 » by VintaGe36 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:20 pm

I hate having a late pick, but I'm gonna go with Paul Pierce.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games