GM a Team: Plz unsticky

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

roseorbust
Senior
And1: 6

Re: GM a Team: Part 3 Main Page [new commish] 

Post#481 » by roseorbust » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:11 pm

guys I got undercut in 4 on 4... My dog actually ran through.. and I'm going to have to have some back therapy, and I realized i'm pretty busy, so I'm not around enough..

and knicksfan, please, I know we all pale in comparison to you when it comes to maturity, but you don't have to point that out in every post.
The New Brand turned Bland
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#482 » by #1knickfan » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:23 pm

I don't point it out in every post. Just all the posts that refer to the commissioners office.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#483 » by #1knickfan » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:26 pm

zong wrote:dont worry, you wont need to send it in again, roseorbust has forwarded his emails for FAs to me thats why I said it will be decided as early as tonight, with teams having 2 days to match.

also, I've decided to implement a rule regarding S+Ts and BYCs:

For sign-and-trades in this competiton from here on out until the end of the game, heres how it will go:

1.) If you are trying to complete a 2-team sign-and-trade (i.e. Toronto trades with Boston), BYCs do not apply.

2.) If you are trying to complete a multi-team sign-and-trade (i.e. Toronto trades with Boston and Philadelphia), BYCs will be in effect for all players involved.

3.) PPPs are still in effect whether its a 2-team trade or a multi-team trade.

But what about the free agents in the trade. Are you going to let people resign their own players and then trade them to whomever they want or are you going to limit them to trading with teams who made the free agents offers.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#484 » by zong » Mon Jul 7, 2008 8:28 pm

Sorry about the multiple posts, but we're keeping Bryant08's proposed idea of the 08-09 salary cap of:

$ 59,000,000

the full MLE will be:

$ 5,900,000

the LLE will be:

$1,900,000

#1knickfan wrote:But what about the free agents in the trade. Are you going to let people resign their own players and then trade them to whomever they want or are you going to limit them to trading with teams who made the free agents offers.

Yes, teams with those FAs can re-sign their own FAs and trade them (obviously at an amount agreed with the other party), if the salary is unfair, obviously one can veto the trade, but remember, there is unfair, and there is questionable (ex. Arenas signed for 4 years 20 million vs Arenas signed for 4 years 40 million)
Duncanfan
Banned User

Post#485 » by Duncanfan » Mon Jul 7, 2008 9:28 pm

here we go again. I am just curious, why does the existing commissioner not take a short vote of participating GM's about the new Commish before electing a new GM? It seems like the reigns are handed over to the guy the commissioner gets along with the most and I don't think thats the way it should be. This circus has lasted far too long already and I'll probably snap if we have to go through another commissioner change once Zong decides he doesn't have enough time to run things.. Zong, I know you're dedicated and all, but I don't like your chances seeing what happened to the commissioners before you.. hehe
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#486 » by bryant08 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 11:47 pm

Duncanfan wrote:here we go again. I am just curious, why does the existing commissioner not take a short vote of participating GM's about the new Commish before electing a new GM? It seems like the reigns are handed over to the guy the commissioner gets along with the most and I don't think thats the way it should be. This circus has lasted far too long already and I'll probably snap if we have to go through another commissioner change once Zong decides he doesn't have enough time to run things.. Zong, I know you're dedicated and all, but I don't like your chances seeing what happened to the commissioners before you.. hehe

roseorbust and me are best buds, even though he put me through absolute hell at the beginning of the game, I decided to bring him in because we're drinking buddies and I owed him for the last time he picked up the tab.
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#487 » by zong » Tue Jul 8, 2008 2:18 am

Sorry for the multiple post yet again guys, but the luxury tax threshold for 2008-2009 will be:

70 million on the dot.
roseorbust
Senior
And1: 6

Post#488 » by roseorbust » Tue Jul 8, 2008 2:46 am

duncanfan everything is gonna be alright. if it wasn't for my incident things would be posted, and Zong is a great dude.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#489 » by TMACFORMVP » Tue Jul 8, 2008 7:55 am

Wow I completely forgot about this game, and still didn't get anybody the second time around!! :x
JBuisness21
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#490 » by JBuisness21 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:01 pm

is there anymore positions availible i wold like to join
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#491 » by zong » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:47 pm

JBuisness21 wrote:is there anymore positions availible i wold like to join

email me at zongalle@gmail.com about your contact info (email and AIM/MSN) and some other stuff we'd need to address and we'll go on from there
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#492 » by zong » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:10 am

Guys, as you know, its almost time for this game to end, I'd like this game to end on the 31st of July, as this competition has almost run the course of a half year and imo I think we've almost exhausted the resources we have.

any suggestions/opinions?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,499

Post#493 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 am

Yes,

Let's get this over with already!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#494 » by Teddy KGB » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:23 am

Ya let's end it on the 31st.

conveniently the day i leave on holiday :)
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#495 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:41 pm

I'll be gone from the 27th through August 1st, with it being up in the air if i will have internet access from the 23rd through 26th.

Then, if the summary page is posted the 1st or something, I should easily be able to post my roster, so no problems there.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#496 » by deviljets7 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:27 pm

I don't have a problem with the game ending on 7/31. I think there should be at least a week though between the end of the free agency and the end of the game.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#497 » by zong » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Hey guys, right now, the main notion around here is that July 31st to end all ACTIVITIES is a good date, but it looks like it will take around 2 days to get your finalized roster info posted up along with salary info and team's direction.

I also agree that there should be a nice break between the end of FA and the end of the competition, thats what I will be working on right now and should be able to come to an conclusion about this stuff later on tonight.

There was also a slight confusion about who picks the winners. I think for loyalty and effort purposes, we the GMs should pick the top 3 choices for who did the best job and etc, while the trade forum Mods can break ties if it happens for any top 3 choices in the final tally.

Again, more information will be revealed later, and feel free to email me FA offers, questions, and ideas to my email or message me on MSN/AIM.

P.S. THE DARK KNIGHT WAS A F*CKING AMAZING FLICK, YOU GUYS HAVE GOTTA WATCH IT! ;)
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#498 » by deNIEd » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:13 am

Sooo....when one ends another one begins? :lol:

I want innnnnn
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,499

Post#499 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:23 am

Your request has been deNIEd.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#500 » by zong » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:15 am

The Rules Regarding the END of the Competition:

1. All Transactions END July 31st 11:59 PM EST

2. Each team will do a "write-up" for their team, due preferably by the 7th of August.

3. The writeup will consist of the following:

I) roster and depth chart

II) salary info until 2014 (do this on excel or appleworks if you can and post a screenshot, if not, find a way to properly detail it in your write-up)

III) team's direction, the strategy your franchise will undergo for any amount of years within the next decade

IV) on-the-court strategy, tell us what style your team will play, whos going to be the franchise/co-franchise players, the captain, etc etc

More information such as how a franchise will win will be revealed later. Work on your trades and FA bids in the mean time.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games