GM a Team: Plz unsticky

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Re: GM a Team: Part 3 Main Page [new commish] 

Post#501 » by randomhero423 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:47 pm

i'll join the next one. i've been busy all summer but i wanna be in this league at the very beginning. i think i can make some noise.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#502 » by zong » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Make sure you meet roster requirements by the 31st:

-minimum of 12 players

-2008/09 min salary cap figure: $44,010,000 (team must have at least this much salary committed for the season)
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,683

Post#503 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:31 pm

This has been a lot of fun, I really enjoyed doing it. I hope to be included in the next one as well. Also, am I the only one who thinks a sim league would be fun? I can see how there would be problems with it, but nothing we couldn't figure out.
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 510

Post#504 » by Garmfay » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:47 am

I run a sim league but it's full and been going for over a year :)
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#505 » by zong » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Due to massive lack of inactivity and lack of response from a personal activity check e-mail sent by me, Flix360 is hereby removed as the GM of the Toronto Raptors

Also, it is with great pleasure that I'd like to welcome back Bryant08 as the Toronto Raptors' GM, who's stuck by this game too loyally for another candidate to overtake.

He is hereby the GM of the Raptors again immediately following this post.

Also, I've received some complaints about Thursday's deadline, as some are at work, vacation, and even overseas travelling, and therefore cannot be as active as they'd like, so they've asked to extend the deadline a bit, majority of them saying to extend it to SATURDAY AUGUST 2nd, so more activity can be had. Now, I'm not personally a fan of breaking my own rule, but if people are sure about extending the deadline for a couple of days, then I'm all for it.

Simply let me know through email or post here if you want to stop the game on the 31st or the 2nd (both days at 11:59 PM EST).
bcortell
Banned User

Post#506 » by bcortell » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:44 pm

prefer the 2nd.. but i won't be able to have my report in til the 4th or 5th as i'm going camping the 1-3 or 2-4.
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#507 » by bryant08 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:04 pm

2nd plz, I would love some extra time to bolster my roster. Thank you for the kind words as well zong :D
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,499

Post#508 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:59 pm

2nd would work fine
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Teddy KGB
General Manager

Post#509 » by Teddy KGB » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:28 am

wouldn't matter for me cos I'm gone today anyways.
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#510 » by zong » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:48 pm

so far it seems no one has emailed me or posted about objecting the extended deadline proposal, so I guess we'll make August 2nd 11:59 PM EST the new deadline for transactions

starting Friday August 2nd at 12:01 AM EST, there will be no time periods needed for trade approval, however, as you have experienced during the draft-day period, "questionable" trades may take slightly more time to process, but shouldnt be more than a few hours.
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#511 » by zong » Sat Aug 2, 2008 9:56 pm

For the sake of clarification: the deadline is 12:01 AM PST, meaning its 3 AM EST as some of the GMs have complained that they are on the west coast and would like more time than just stop at 9 PM.

So, extended for 3 hours!
zong
Assistant Coach

Re: GM a Team:Main Page [TRADE DEADLINE 3AM EST] 

Post#512 » by zong » Sun Aug 3, 2008 7:11 am

THE TRADE DEADLINE HAS COME AND GONE, NO MORE TRANSACTIONS CAN BE MADE UNLESS I'M PERSONALLY TOLD ABOUT IT THROUGH AIM OR MSN

YOU CAN STILL PICK UP PLAYERS FROM WAIVERS TO FILL ROSTER SPOTS TO A MINIMUM OF 12 OR A MAXIMUM OF 15, TRADING OF WAIVERS/MINIMUM PLAYERS WILL BE ALLOWED SINCE THEY DO NOT REQUIRE MATCHING SALARIES AND ETC.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#513 » by TMACFORMVP » Mon Aug 4, 2008 3:11 am

So, when will the next one be planned to start, haha?
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#514 » by zong » Mon Aug 4, 2008 8:22 pm

Outline/Tutorial for the Write-Ups

Some notes beforehand:

1. This will NOT be the thread to post your write-ups

2. I will use the Detroit Pistons' roster as the example since there's no GM available.

3. I will NOT determine how the votes will be gathered at this point in time, as I am still getting half a dozen emails a day regarding what needs/should be done. So I will allow the league to vote in a short while once I've determined all the possible options (feel free to send more suggestions to my email inbox, I don't mind replying)

4. I want everyone to meet the roster requirements (min salary, min/max roster spots) by August 6th, 12:01 AM PDT (3 AM EST)

5. Try posting pictures if you can, but do not post gigantic poster-like pictures, you can post player head-shots from Yahoo! sports or Shamsports or Hoopshype etc, but please, please, please, do NOT post big pictures, they tend to lag the thread and even the forum in the extreme cases.

6. When doing your writeup, keep in mind that you are to talk about your own team only, you are allowed to compare yourself to REAL LIFE franchises in the NBA, but not the teams in this competition, so please, do not talk trash/relate your team to other teams around this competition, there is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE, your team will be immediately disqualified and all voting privileges will be taken away. You may, however, talk about your conference or relate to the league, but -NOT- specific teams within your division or another.

The Detroit Pistons

1. Players you had before the competition began (if you are an interim GM that took over, use both the players the 1st GM began with, and the players you started with from the 1st GM)

From the Start:
PG: Chauncey Billups, Rodney Stuckey, Lindsey Hunter
SG: Richard Hamilton, Arron Afflalo
SF: Tayshaun Prince, Jarvis Hayes, Amir Johnson
PF: Rasheed Wallace, Jason Maxiell
C: Antonio McDyess, Cheick Samb

From the 2nd GM:
PG: Chauncey Billups, Steve Blake, Speedy Claxton
SG: Richard Hamilton, Rashad McCants
SF: Tayshaun Prince, Rasual Butler
PF: Shawn Marion, Amir Jonhson
C: Mark Blount, Hilton Armstrong, Aaron Gray

2. The Roster:

Image Image Image Image Image

C: Marcus Camby
PF: David West
SF: Tayshaun Prince
SG: Rip Hamilton
PG: Luke Ridnour

Bench/Rotation (From 1st off the bench, to the last)

(blah blah blah, head-shots of players)

GF Rashad McCants, GF Bobby Simmons, FC Ike Diogu, F Amir Johnson, PG Jason Hart

D-League/Bench Warmer, etc

C Dan Gadzuric, PF DJ White, C Sasha Kaun, C Othello Hunter, SF Gary Forbes

3. Total Transactions: 8

[THIS IS WHERE U POST UP ALL YOUR TRANSACTIONS, try to use the "small" size font if you have made a lot of trades]

4. Description of the plan/strategy you took to make these moves

Detroit wanted to depelete their roster of some of the older bodies so they could still contend while keeping a young and athletic roster, and thats exactly what we got with the addition of David West, Luke Ridnour, and 4 draft picks in the same draft.

(Obviously needs to be longer, I'm in a rush but thats basically describing a bit of the most important stuff)

5. Are you a win-now team, or a win-later team, or both? Why?

Detroit would like to contend NOW if possible, with the balance of power still in the Western Conferece, the Pistons have re-tooled for a possible title shot within the next 4-6 years. Also,the Pistons have made moves where if a rebuilding were to take place, they have the tools to build around for such a task, with David West, Luke Ridnour, Tayshaun Prince, DJ White, Rashad McCants, and some extra draft picks in the next few years.

(Good length and just about enough, but if you feel the need to explain even longer than this, it is perfectly not a problem, but try not to be any shorter than this)

6. What's your team's committed salary figures from 2008-2009 until 2014-2015?

(detailed screenshot link here, use excel if you can)

Yearly:
2008-09: $$$$$$
2009-10: $$$$$$
2010-11: $$$$$$
2011-12: $$$$$$
2012-13: $$$$$$
2013-14: $$$$$$
2014-15: $$$$$$

(Okay so I cheated here but I admit I was lazy to figure it out, oops)

I shall add a bit more sections later on, I've just settled into my new apartment and I'm still sunburnt from yesterday, so cut me some slack and enjoy the withdrawal symptoms from playing this game.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#515 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Mon Aug 4, 2008 9:46 pm

3 questions:

1) We have to detail out each player's contract? We can't just say how much total salary we have per season? EDIT: Nevermind about this question, I figured out how to properly do it in excel.

2) Can you just post the thread for the writeups, as there are probably many GMs like me that don't need to make any more moves and are ready to post their writuep.

3) Can we get a timeline of when things are due? (Final roster changes, writeups, voting, winner decided, etc.) I'm not going to be here again, only from the 9th through 13th this time though. LOL, i know, i like to travel...
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#516 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Tue Aug 5, 2008 8:39 pm

Zong, can I get answers to my questions please? It seems like we're just stalling now.

EDIT: Got them through email. If anyone's wondering, the write-up thread will be up tonight, and GMs will have until Sunday night to post their write-ups. How voting will be done will be decided on the 15th, and voting will start after that.
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#517 » by zong » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:31 am

Guys, I am pushing the deadline for a few days, as I have been busy with work and some problems with my new apartment, so the deadline will be this Saturday AUG 16th 11:59 PM PDT (2:59AM EST) and the voting period will be determined later.

Thank you for those that have submitted it early, feel free to edit your write-ups anytime as long as you follow the clear-cut rules.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#518 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:00 pm

We're missing about 20 write-ups...
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#519 » by zong » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:20 am

Guys lets get our write-ups in, I'm taking out the deadline I've set as most have simply told me they cant meet it because they are either unable or lazy(yea some actually admitted it lol) so I will simply let this thread run and decide when the voting will begin in the coming days
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#520 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:27 am

No deadline = no entries. 11 days is more than enough time to get them in; I don't know how only 10 or so teams have posted.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games