ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV)

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV) 

Post#1041 » by closg00 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Tyrus Thomas with 6 blocks last night, he has been freed.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 785

Post#1042 » by LyricalRico » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:50 pm

^ Yeah, but how long before LB gets tired of him and plays Ratliff/Mohammed for 40 minutes?
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1043 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:34 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Wow, the Boston players are all pretty down on the House-for-Robinson trade. House is deadly from 3 when he's hot and they could play him and Rondo together for stretches. Not sure they can do that with Nate, although he's individually a better player than House.

I saw the Ray Allen interview. He didn't seem very happy.
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#1044 » by AceDegenerate » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:15 pm

LeBron is going to NY. If you've been to MSG anytime in the past 10 years (vs the 10 years prior), you would understand just how much it means to the NBA to have a functional team there. Basketball does not exist in the minds of most NYers. There is a huge cash cow just waiting to happen and in this down economy Stern will make it happen.

You do realize the Knicks almost signed MJ in 97? They won't strike out again.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#1045 » by verbal8 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:24 pm

TMac had a good debut with the Knicks. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up for the rest of the season.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1046 » by fishercob » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 am

Take away Wade and are the Heat any better than the Wiz right now? They're putrid, losing (Wadeless) to Minnesota tonight. Wade's gone this summer. Why would he possibly stay there?

I think Cuban gets him in Dallas, but hell, even NY makes more sense to him. TMac, Chandler, Gallinari + room for another Max FA + Cablevision's money and NY's media market offer a better situation than Miami.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1047 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:09 am

fishercob wrote:Take away Wade and are the Heat any better than the Wiz right now? They're putrid, losing (Wadeless) to Minnesota tonight. Wade's gone this summer. Why would he possibly stay there?

I think Cuban gets him in Dallas, but hell, even NY makes more sense to him. TMac, Chandler, Gallinari + room for another Max FA + Cablevision's money and NY's media market offer a better situation than Miami.

I agree that Miami has little to offer besides Beasley and the picks they have this year. The only thing that keeps Wade in Miami is if Bosh wants to go there. I hadn't thought about Dallas as a destination but they'd certainly would have the stuff necessary for a sign and trade (something like Dampier+Butler for Wade).

Haywood/FA (maybe Dampier after he's waived by MIA)
Dirk/Najera
Marion/Jones
Wade/Terry
Kidd/Barea/Beaubois

That's on par with what the Lakers have, although they could stay ahead by upgrading at PG.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1048 » by Hoopalotta » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 am

It would probably be Dampier/Butler/Beaubois/2 future 1sts

Not a bad package compared with nothing.

All Wade has to say is "I'm going to Chicago unless you send me to Dallas".

Definitely could happen.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1049 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:42 am

Hoopalotta wrote:It would probably be Dampier/Butler/Beaubois/2 future 1sts

I don't know about the picks, Hoop. Miami isn't in much of a bargaining spot IMO since they could otherwise lose Wade for nothing. Besides, I think they still owe firsts to NJ from the Kidd deal so they might not be able to include much in the way of picks even if they wanted to.
ErikChowbay023
Junior

Post#1050 » by ErikChowbay023 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:44 am

Looks like Detroit`s best moves were to not make any... They have pretty much the same core that was competing in the ECF every year... Wallace,Hamilton,Prince all starting. They beat the spurs last night, and are up 25 on the Kings as I type this.. They along with us have been one of the most disappointing teams this year. IMO they are way more talented than Miami or Mil. I think they could make a good run to the end of the season.

I sure wouldnt mind Prince starting at SF for us...
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1051 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:06 am

ErikChowbay023 wrote:I sure wouldnt mind Prince starting at SF for us...

Wow, I totally forgot about him as a potential "bring out your dead" candidate. The problem is that Detroit isn't anywhere near the luxury tax, even if they use the MLE. And if they're going to move somebody, I'm sure they'd prefer it to be Rip.
ErikChowbay023
Junior

Post#1052 » by ErikChowbay023 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:11 am

Yea...but Prince was in a lot of trade rumors. But your right if any player to be moved its Rip, by the way what does Prince`s contract look like.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1053 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:23 am

^ Prince has one year left at about $11M, which makes him cheaper than guys like Peja and Kirilenko.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1054 » by fishercob » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Hoopalotta wrote:It would probably be Dampier/Butler/Beaubois/2 future 1sts

Not a bad package compared with nothing.

All Wade has to say is "I'm going to Chicago unless you send me to Dallas".

Definitely could happen.

Question is, why would Dallas even have to give up that much if Wade gives them that ultimatum? How much more salary than Damp's do they need to max out Wade?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#1055 » by MF23 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm

If Rudy leaves for Europe Portlands GM deserves some blame for not using a starting caliber talent as a trading chip. The news that he's even considering lowers the his value to other teams. Great job and if they play Dallas in the playoffs I'll root for Haywood to shut Aldridge down.
Et tu Bilas.
MD
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#1056 » by no D in Hibachi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:56 pm

ErikChowbay023 wrote:Looks like Detroit`s best moves were to not make any... They have pretty much the same core that was competing in the ECF every year... Wallace,Hamilton,Prince all starting. They beat the spurs last night, and are up 25 on the Kings as I type this.. They along with us have been one of the most disappointing teams this year. IMO they are way more talented than Miami or Mil. I think they could make a good run to the end of the season.

I sure wouldnt mind Prince starting at SF for us...

Oh there has been nothing disappointing about the Pistons. I knew they'd be bad. Dumars is an idiot. How do you turn Billups into Gordon and Villenueva? And how do you extend Rip, who's game was already slipping, for another 5 years? Only players worth 5 year contracts are very young promising players or max contract worthy players. No one else!
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#1057 » by no D in Hibachi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:13 pm

MF23 wrote:If Rudy leaves for Europe Portlands GM deserves some blame for not using a starting caliber talent as a trading chip. The news that he's even considering lowers the his value to other teams. Great job and if they play Dallas in the playoffs I'll root for Haywood to shut Aldridge down.

No kidding bro, I checked out their roster the other day and I am officially no longer impressed. I really believe they've peaked. Oden isn't a savior. The rah rah rah hoopla surrounding Roy is dwindling as he's a really good player, but not an elite, carry you on my back game after game player. All their *great* young players from a few years ago are struggling; Webster, Bayless, Outlaw, Oden, or they haven't taken the next step, ala Aldridge. In addition, they just overpaid for Andre Miller. I guess this is what happens when you fall in love with your young talent and don't make prudent moves as you wait for them to develop. The same thing happened to the Chicago Bulls.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#1058 » by Rafael122 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:40 am

I still would have traded Fernandez and other pieces for Haywood. Cotton Camby is hurt, so hindsight is 20/20, but I think they missed out on not getting Haywood. He had 13 and 20 the other night.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
ErikChowbay023
Junior

Post#1059 » by ErikChowbay023 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:15 pm

The Suns moved Robin Lopez to the starting C position, and he is really making a difference.
As I type this, he has three blocks against the Spurs in the first quarter, and he is matching up well against Duncan.

Lopez was the supposed " lesser of the Lopez twins. He had 30 and 12 the night before last. The Suns are playing much better with him at Center.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#1060 » by no D in Hibachi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Agreed, RLopez is looking good. Basically he's perfect for the Suns. He can run well, he's got enough strength to be a good post defender, he has a little offensive game. Robin Lopez is actually pretty athletic, however, if he had McGees athletic ability he'd be the 2nd or 3rd best center in the league.

Return to Washington Wizards