ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV)

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,489

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV) 

Post#1361 » by mhd » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:20 pm

If I were Philly, I'd try and trade down to get Cousins.

What about the following 3-way:

GSW trade:
1) Monta
2) Maggette
3) #6
for:
1) Brand
2) #2
3) Lou Williams

Philly trades:
1) Brand
2) Lou WIlliams
3) Thad Young
4) #2
for:
1) Monta
2) Maggette
3) Hollins
4) #4

Minny trades:
1) #4
2) Hollins
for:
1) Thad Young
2) #6

MOCK DRAFT:
1) Wiz-Wall
2) GSW-Turner
3) NJ-Favors
4) Phi-Cousins
5) Sac-Monroe
6) Min-Wes Johnson

NEW LINEUPS:
Philly:
PG: Holliday/Ellis
SG: Ellis/Green
SF: Iggy/Maggette
PF: Speights/Nocioni
C: Cousins/Hawes

GSW:
PG: Curry/Williams
SG: Turner/Morrow
SF: Randolph/Azubuke
PF: Brand/Wright
C: Biedrins/Turiaf

Minny:
PG: Flynn/Sessions
SG: Brewer/Ellington
SF: Johnson/Thad Young
PF: Love/Thad Young/Gomes
C: Jefferson/Darko

WHY FOR THE WARRIORS?
1) Move up for the perfect compliment to Curry in Turner.
2) Trade is actually cap neutral in that Brand+Williams make the same as Ellis+Maggette and for the same duration.

WHY FOR THE 76ers?
1) They want a big and agree to trade down to 4, where they know they get one of Cousins/Favors.
2) Ellis gives them a long needed shooter and scorer at 2g.

WHY FOR THE T'Wolves?
1) Indications are that they don't want COusins and would take Johnson at 4. This move basically gives them Thad Young for free and still nets them Wes Johnson at 6.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,603

Post#1362 » by nate33 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Nice job, mhd. I REALLY like it for Golden State because Curry and Turner should be a perfect combo in the backcourt. It seems like a no-brainer for Minnesota as well.

It's kinda iffy for Philly. As fans, we like it because we don't see it as a negative for Philly to take Cousins over Turner. However, Philly's management might factor the character/leadership gap between the two players more than we do.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1363 » by nate33 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:05 pm

I find it hard to believe that Minnesota is actually going to draft Wesley Johnson at #4 with Cousins still on the board. They simply HAVE to work out a draft-day trade. Either they should trade up to #2, or they should trade Jefferson for Iggy or Deng and then draft Cousins at #4. Minnesota could become a formidable team (particularly in the playoffs) with this roster:

PG Flynn/Sessions
SG Paul George/Brewer
SF Deng/Gomes
PF Love
C Cousins/Darko

Plus they have Rubio coming over at some point.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#1364 » by verbal8 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:44 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67269/20100618/wade_going_silent_until_after_free_agency/

I wonder if this means that Wade is considering leaving Miami or at least talking to other teams?

I think he has probably learned from Bosh's trouble with Twitter and free agency. His past comments about free agency have at least implied that he wants to lure free agents to Miami.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Post#1365 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Speaking of Bosh, I found this little nugget:

From the “You got to be kidding department’’: There are backroom whispers Toronto and the Los Angeles Lakers are working on a sign-and-trade deal, er steal, with superstar Chris Bosh heading to Tinseltown.

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/arti ... 002e0.html

:o

I'm assuming Toronto would demand Bynum, and that's probably more than they can get elsewhere. I guess LA plays Gasol and Bosh interchangeably at C/PF? That could be one of the most skilled frontcourts of all time (Gasol, Bosh, and Odom). All they would need is a backup C who can bang to fill out the rotation. Heaven help us if they also upgraded at PG.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1366 » by nate33 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:02 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Speaking of Bosh, I found this little nugget:

From the “You got to be kidding department’’: There are backroom whispers Toronto and the Los Angeles Lakers are working on a sign-and-trade deal, er steal, with superstar Chris Bosh heading to Tinseltown.

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/arti ... 002e0.html

:o

I'm assuming Toronto would demand Bynum, and that's probably more than they can get elsewhere. I guess LA plays Gasol and Bosh interchangeably at C/PF? That could be one of the most skilled frontcourts of all time (Gasol, Bosh, and Odom). All they would need is a backup C who can bang to fill out the rotation. Heaven help us if they also upgraded at PG.

The deal makes a lot of sense for Toronto. Bynum is a legit cornerstone given his size, age, production and championship experience. Injuries are a concern, but then, if they weren't, he wouldn't be available.

It strikes me as a rather odd move from LA's standpoint. Yes, Bosh is currently a better player than Bynum, but he's redundant with Gasol and the loss of Bynum takes away one of their greatest playoff strengths: their dominant size and length. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,186

Post#1367 » by Dat2U » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Bosh isn't a perfect fit with Gasol but neither is Bynum. Also, if I'm LA, knowing Bynum's injury history & his lack of availability in past postseason's, I'd make this S&T and not look back.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1368 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:57 pm

I think Bosh being left handed and having the ability to work with great efficiency from mid range makes him a good fit with Gasol in that starting unit.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1369 » by LyricalRico » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Both Sixers and Bobcats are said to be very active in trade talks. I wonder if my Brand-to-Charlotte scenario will come to fruition.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,566

Post#1370 » by closg00 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Teams waiting on draft picks playing overseas

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/b ... index.html
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,712

Post#1371 » by montestewart » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Notice this headline?

"Portland's Depth Hurting Ability To Schedule Workouts"
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... _workouts/

HA!
closg00
RealGM

Post#1372 » by closg00 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:53 pm

montestewart wrote:Notice this headline?

HA!

Portland also has the assets that will give them some good draft-day trade possibilities, at-least they have some cards in-hand besides being able to offer cash. Compare that to the Wizards, pretty-much the only thing we can offer is cash.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1373 » by montestewart » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:22 pm

closg00 wrote:
montestewart wrote:Notice this headline?

HA!

Portland also has the assets that will give them some good draft-day trade possibilities, at-least they have some cards in-hand besides being able to offer cash. Compare that to the Wizards, pretty-much the only thing we can offer is cash.

And I think of Portland as a good trade partner in multiple team scenarios, because they have so many useful (but not great) players. It's just funny that they can't get players to commit to workputs because of the glut in players.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,186

Post#1374 » by Dat2U » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:15 pm

The only player on the Portland roster I find intriguing is Nicolas Batum. They aren't trading Greg Oden and with John Wall in town & Arenas back, Bayless & Fernandez don't fill priorities for us. I'm not sure if Batum is available, but he's a ideal fit as a long athletic defender who can knock down the 3 and finish at the rim.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1375 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:59 pm

LeBron feeling Minnesota?

The thinking goes like this: The Timberwolves have three firsts and seem willing to part with Al Jefferson, a post up inside player, or Kevin Love. Say Jefferson is in greater demand because he is a bigger scorer. They offer Jefferson and their three firsts, including No. 4, to Denver for Carmelo Anthony. Denver has an aging group with Kenyon Martin and Chauncey Billups and likely is headed down. Here’s a chance to recoup fast at a time they easily could lose Anthony in a year. So they get a potential star center and a top five pick to build a better core. And maybe pick up something for their veterans as they seem to have peaked. And Minnesota has Jonny Flynn, Love, Darko Milicic and Corey Brewer and goes for LeBron and even maybe works a sign and trade by getting Ricky Rubio to the Cavs and also LeBron out of the conference. Far fetched? Sure, but you never say never in the NBA, and perhaps more significantly, it suggests the bidding for James is hardly going to be among just the four or five teams who gutted their rosters for cap room.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100621.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man, thanks Sam Smith. I really needed that.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1376 » by montestewart » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
LeBron feeling Minnesota?

The thinking goes like this: The Timberwolves have three firsts and seem willing to part with Al Jefferson, a post up inside player, or Kevin Love. Say Jefferson is in greater demand because he is a bigger scorer. They offer Jefferson and their three firsts, including No. 4, to Denver for Carmelo Anthony. Denver has an aging group with Kenyon Martin and Chauncey Billups and likely is headed down. Here’s a chance to recoup fast at a time they easily could lose Anthony in a year. So they get a potential star center and a top five pick to build a better core. And maybe pick up something for their veterans as they seem to have peaked. And Minnesota has Jonny Flynn, Love, Darko Milicic and Corey Brewer and goes for LeBron and even maybe works a sign and trade by getting Ricky Rubio to the Cavs and also LeBron out of the conference. Far fetched? Sure, but you never say never in the NBA, and perhaps more significantly, it suggests the bidding for James is hardly going to be among just the four or five teams who gutted their rosters for cap room.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100621.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man, thanks Sam Smith. I really needed that.

Note how the "thinking...suggests" that no human being other than Smith ever thought about this trade. Smith's like Wilbon, making up fantasy trades and carefully phrasing them to suggest they are something other than personal fantasy trades.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1377 » by closg00 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Kevin Pritchard at it again...RT @SpearsNBAYahoo The Golden State Warriors have traded the #34 pick to Portland for #44 and cash

I'm shocked that Pritchard beat Ernie to the punch 1st.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1378 » by fishercob » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:34 pm

??

You wanted Ernie to give up 35 and cash to get GS's 34th?

You're so batshidt crazy in your irrational hatred of Ernie that you won't even let the entire draft play out before ripping him. I'm sure you'll have plenty to complain about around midnight on Thursday.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1379 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:53 pm

fishercob wrote:??

You wanted Ernie to give up 35 and cash to get GS's 34th?

:lol:

fishercob wrote:You're so batshidt crazy in your irrational hatred of Ernie that you won't even let the entire draft play out before ripping him. I'm sure you'll have plenty to complain about around midnight on Thursday.

HOF post!

:bowdown:
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#1380 » by The Skyhook » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:30 pm

What do you guys think about Miller possibly being interested in the Lakers. Do you think he would come for the MLE to play for a winner at the expense of playing behind Kobe and Ron. Even though he would be playing behind them I think the coaching staff will find a rotation giving Miller 30 minutes a night.

Return to Washington Wizards