ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV) 

Post#41 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Hoopalotta wrote:After drafting Jennings, I don't think they need Sessions, unless they have a plan to move Ridnour.

I'm not sure what the Bucks are doing. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't re-sign both Sessions and Villanueva. The trade of Jefferson made sense - to drop a boat load of cash off their cap - to help them resign their free agents and perhaps Ersan Ilyosova - a Turkish forward they drafted a few years ago that they like; but then they re-trade one of the contracts they could have dropped for Amir Johnson and his 3.7 mil contract. And I can't imagine anyone taking on Ridnour's contract. But Sessions is a fan favorite, and Milwaukee's management tends to pander to the fans and seemingly have no plans that involve building a winner; so he could return.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,479

Post#42 » by nate33 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:07 pm

LyricalRico wrote:According to Ric Bucher on Twitter, the Blazers want to sign Hedo straight up and then sign-and-trade for Andre Miller with a package including Steve Blake. If they could the move some of their surplus wings (Outlaw, Webster, Batum) for a quality backup PF they'd be one of the most complete teams in the league.

I think going after Andre Miller is a mistake. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they don't nab Hinrich. He'd be perfect for them. Blake for Hinrich straight up makes a ton of sense for both teams. Portland gets their man while sacrificing just $5M in cap space. Chicago gets a credible backup PG mentor for Rose while freeing up the luxtax room to resign Gordon.

Portland could then turn around and dangle Outlaw, Bayless and their remaining $4M in raw cap space for a quality SF.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,360

Post#43 » by Kanyewest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:32 pm

LyricalRico wrote:According to Ric Bucher on Twitter, the Blazers want to sign Hedo straight up and then sign-and-trade for Andre Miller with a package including Steve Blake. If they could the move some of their surplus wings (Outlaw, Webster, Batum) for a quality backup PF they'd be one of the most complete teams in the league.

Well the Blazers did take Dante Cunningham in the draft, he's a PF out of Villanova and a Silver Spring native who could fill that role nicely.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Post#44 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Kanyewest wrote:

Well the Blazers did take Dante Cunningham in the draft, he's a PF out of Villanova and a Silver Spring native who could fill that role nicely.

Yeah, I think they took Pendergraph too. I guess they're hoping at least one will be a decent backup right away.

But even if they go that route to find a backup PG, if they're going to pay Turkgolu/Miller enough to convince them to come there and then also extend Aldridge/Roy, I would expect they'd look to trade Webster to keep their cap under control. Maybe Bayless, too.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#45 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Word is Yao could miss all of next season and beyond. If there are fans that can commisserate with them its us, with TMac and Yao over the years they are one team that has probably had as many significant games missed to injury as we have.

And if Rico's right, the Blazers lineup of

Miller
Roy
Turk
Aldridge
Oden
=
pretty epic.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,479

Post#46 » by nate33 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:56 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:Word is Yao could miss all of next season and beyond. If there are fans that can commisserate with them its us, with TMac and Yao over the years they are one team that has probably had as many significant games missed to injury as we have.

Miller
Roy
Turk
Aldridge
Oden
=
pretty epic.

Wow. Houston may have to think about blowing it all up. Just let Yao walk next year while TMac's contract expires, and totally rebuild from scratch.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,452

Post#47 » by mhd » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Nets pick up a 2.05 million option on Arvis. I really question that move to be honest. Lee and Williams should get all the minutes at SG. Harris should get the vast majority of minutes at PG. Alston picks up the scraps.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#48 » by verbal8 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:41 pm

nate33 wrote:Wow. Houston may have to think about blowing it all up. Just let Yao walk next year while TMac's contract expires, and totally rebuild from scratch.

I think the option in Yao's contract is a player option. They might be able to negotiate a reduction if he is not able to play, but I think they will have to pay something.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#49 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:44 pm

nate33 wrote:
NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:Word is Yao could miss all of next season and beyond. If there are fans that can commisserate with them its us, with TMac and Yao over the years they are one team that has probably had as many significant games missed to injury as we have.

Miller
Roy
Turk
Aldridge
Oden
=
pretty epic.

Wow. Houston may have to think about blowing it all up. Just let Yao walk next year while TMac's contract expires, and totally rebuild from scratch.

I could be wrong, but doesn't Yao have to opt out of his contract next summer before he would walk? It seems crazy to think they will be paying the guy for that long even, considering his future in the NBA is probably in only 20-30 game stints each year (not beginning until two years from now) between injuries to his foot and the rest of his base. And that's if he comes back at all.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#50 » by fishercob » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:50 pm

nate33 wrote:

Miller
Roy
Turk
Aldridge
Oden
=
pretty epic.

Which would explain their interest in Rubio. I wonder if they're going to S&T Artest?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#51 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:53 pm

You know you are screwed when you look for help from Darko Milicic. Why does Utah have the Knicks first rounder next year?
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#52 » by WashWiz54 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:56 pm

mhd wrote:Nets pick up a 2.05 million option on Arvis. I really question that move to be honest. Lee and Williams should get all the minutes at SG. Harris should get the vast majority of minutes at PG. Alston picks up the scraps.

Don't you ever talk bad about Jarvis "Jumper" Hayes!

Honestly, I know you guys don't like him but at that price he's well worth it. He's the only former ex-Wiz I still miss having on this team... If only I knew where that old Jarvis sig I use to use was.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,553

Post#53 » by closg00 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 am

Hmmm, with Yao going down, suddenly ole Pech might have a little-bit more value for Minny. Minny could trade Pech to Houston for a 2nd rounder in next years draft.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Post#54 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 pm

And what's up with Milwaukee not even extending the qualifying offer to Charlie V? The thinking was that they moved Jefferson so that they would re-sign both Villanueva and Sessions. Then they draft a point guard with their lottery pick (meaning they will probably look to sign-and-trade Sessions) and renounce Villanueva.

Bogut/Gadzuric
K.Thomas/A.Johnson
Moute/Alexander
Redd/Bell
Ridnour/Jennings

That is a pretty bad lineup with almost no scoring. I guess the final piece of their puzzle is to move Redd as soon as he looks healthy and go for next year's #1 overall pick.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#55 » by verbal8 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:29 pm

LyricalRico wrote:And what's up with Milwaukee not even extending the qualifying offer to Charlie V?

Very baffling what the Bucks are doing. I could see not giving Charlie V a qualifying offer if they were making room for his replacement. His qualifying offer seemed reasonable for his production, worst case they could have done a S&T if the price got too high.
mhd
General Manager

Post#56 » by mhd » Wed Jul 1, 2009 2:47 am

Looks like Hedo is defenitly gone. General Board says either Por or Tor. If the Magic lose Hedo, then does that mean Pietrus to SF?
mhd
General Manager

Post#57 » by mhd » Wed Jul 1, 2009 4:59 am

Bucher said it looks like CV and Gordon are locks to Detroit. DUmars looks like a moron for extending Rip. If Rip were not extended, he got have traded him for Kaman.

Also, Lee is down to OKC or Memphis.

OKC has interest in Anderson Varajeo. Sheed is interested in Boston. Gortat looks to Houston.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,138

Post#58 » by Dat2U » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:44 am

mhd wrote:Bucher said it looks like CV and Gordon are locks to Detroit. DUmars looks like a moron for extending Rip. If Rip were not extended, he got have traded him for Kaman.

Also, Lee is down to OKC or Memphis.

OKC has interest in Anderson Varajeo. Sheed is interested in Boston. Gortat looks to Houston.

Hmm, not sure what Detroit is doing. if they sign both CV & Gordon their roster looks like this:

PF Villanueva / Maxiell / Sharpe / Summers (R)
SF Prince / Daye (R)
C K. Brown / Oberto
SG R. Hamilton / Gordon / Afflalo
PG Stuckey / W. Bynum

They got a gaping hole at C, even if they keep Oberto (unlikely). Maxiell is the only credible option off the bench. They may have to look at trading Prince to fill some holes if they can't deal Rip for some size.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#59 » by Hoopalotta » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:16 am

Disaster in Disneyland? Might the mighty Mousekateers have miss-stepped into myopic misery!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=920969

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/200 ... rd+big+man

Very much a 'maybe' article, but here's hoping.....

(Edited about 6 times due to incompetence)
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#60 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 1, 2009 10:18 am

verbal8 wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:And what's up with Milwaukee not even extending the qualifying offer to Charlie V?

Very baffling what the Bucks are doing. I could see not giving Charlie V a qualifying offer if they were making room for his replacement. His qualifying offer seemed reasonable for his production, worst case they could have done a S&T if the price got too high.

I also assumed the Jefferson trade was made in part to clear room to re-sign Villa, but then they trade back one of the non-guaranteed contracts (Oberto) for Amir Johnson (3.6 mil), so all bets were off. I think what they're planning is to bring over Ilyosova back from Europe - he's coming off of a very good season, and he's a big forward who loves to shoot. And perhaps Villa's comments about wanting to play for Cleveland had something to do with the Bux decision.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards