ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV) 

Post#861 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:37 pm

I think all deals are covered 80% by insurance for games missed if a player misses over 41 games.

That's my recollection anyway.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Post#862 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

^ Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd be another Cuttino Mobley.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#863 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Wow, Blake Griffin out for the season. So the Clippers get really lucky to win the lottery, only to then get really unlucky and not even have their pick at all in his first season.

This also happened to Portland with Oden. Interesting.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#864 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:39 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Wow, Blake Griffin out for the season. So the Clippers get really lucky to win the lottery, only to then get really unlucky and not even have their pick at all in his first season.

This also happened to Portland with Oden. Interesting.

Still not as bad as us.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,057

Post#865 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:49 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Roll commercial...

EJ: "Hi, I'm NBA head coach Eddie Jordan. If anybody knows about protecting the paint, it's me. That's why I use 3M."

Announcer: "Warning - 3M paint protector doesn't stop stains anywhere else."

:rofl:

Even after losing to the Wizards three times, Philadelphia is 12-25 and are 5-5 the past 10 games.

Washington is 12-24, just lost to a team that hadn't won in a month, and are 3-7 in 10 games.

Grunfeld, even per TSW's post in the EG thread, helped undermind discipline EJ might have instilled on Gil earlier.

LR, I can't defend EJ as a coach. His defense speaks to his coaching as does the record.

I'm just not on the EG/Flip bandwagon, and I truly think Jordan has a much better chance of turning Philly around this season than Flip does with his team. (But in fairness, Philly's got more talent than the Wizards.) Keep the hate if you must with EJ, but that's how I feel about EG.
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,057

Post#866 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Griffin missing a season seems like foreshadowing of very bad things to come.

Sam Bowie and Greg Oden come to mind.

Looks like the Clips are ALMOST as cursed as the Wizards.
Bye bye Beal.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager

Post#867 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Griffin missing a season seems like foreshadowing of very bad things to come.

Sam Bowie and Greg Oden come to mind.

Looks like the Clips are ALMOST as cursed as the Wizards.

Could you imagine if we picked Griffin and this happened to us? Especially with all the stuff going on right now?
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#868 » by fishercob » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Pinch-hitting for CCJ(J....J....J) Fiiiisher Coooooooobbbbbbbb:

Dajuan Blair has 28 and 21 boards (10 offensive) to lead the Duncan-less spurs to a win in Oklahoma City.

Coach Pop:

"I'm going to take what he gave us tonight, and I don't know how he did it," said Popovich. "I have no clue what his moves are. He's just a basketball player. He hustles his [tail] off, he's got a nose for the ball, he's got great hands and he does what you saw. We didn't teach him any of it. He brought it all with him."

I gotta laugh to keep from crying. You know if the Wiz had drafted this cat he probably would have had a career ending injury before the season started, but maaaaaaaaan. Sure would have been nice if we hadn't passed on him -- twice -- and he coulda brought some of what he had here. Lord knows we need it.

Rico, please join me in the camp onetime Ernie defenders who now see the light and realize that the ONLY possible solution is for Ernie to be fired.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#869 » by Hoopalotta » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Honestly, I think Blair would have been a dangerous pick for us.

He well might have injured some of our soft guys in practice.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager

Post#870 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Hoopalotta wrote:Honestly, I think Blair would have been a dangerous pick for us.

If we picked Blair, his knees would have given out already. If you like Blair, be happy he is on another team and succeeding.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,548

Post#871 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Hoopalotta wrote:Honestly, I think Blair would have been a dangerous pick for us.

:lol: Seriously though, it can't be said enough, the Spurs couldn't believe that Blair fell to them. The Spurs thought-big, thought like winners. The thing was the pick was totally risk-free because it would have been a non-guaranteed 2nd round pick. If it doesn't work out you lose nothing, there are always FA's (Davis). Blair was exactly the kind of guy this team needed. Perhaps his character was too-good for consideration.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#872 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Wow, an article postulating the thought that the Cavs actually lost on purpose to get LeBron! What a ground breaking assertion! I'd never even considered that as possibility! Somebody get that guy a Pulitzer!

:roll:
closg00
RealGM

Post#873 » by closg00 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:18 pm

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- The San Antonio Spurs have assigned guard Malik Hairston to their NBA Development League team in Austin.
Hairston has appeared in 21 games for the Spurs, averaging 0.5 points and 3.5 minutes. He had not played in the last four games.
It will be Hairston's second stint in Austin this season. He averaged 25 points in two games with the Toros in December.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/b ... z0ch7snIpt

:nod: Development.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#874 » by Hoopalotta » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Suns General Manager Steve Kerr and Managing Partner Robert Sarver will meet with Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, this week for their first formal discussion. Walters declined comment. "We'll definitely talk about it," Kerr said of an extension. "We have a lot to consider. "Amar'e has been great all year. We're thrilled with the way he's played and the effort he's put forth, returning from the injury to his eye."

I like that. Consider the negotiations commenced. Translation: "You think we're dropping a max deal on a cyclops who only plays hard in a contract year? I pity the fool."
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#875 » by verbal8 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:52 am

There is talk of the Knicks buying out hughes. His size, ball handling and defense could be a good fit on the Wizards. I think he fits well with Foye at PG and Miller at SF. I think he works with Butler at SF if Jamison is the PF(keeps at least 2 outside threats on the court).

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64111/20100118/hughes_could_discuss_buyout_again/
closg00
RealGM

Post#876 » by closg00 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Good-lord! Blair with the +19 yesterday.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010011803
closg00
RealGM

Post#877 » by closg00 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Joe Alexander will be assigned by the Bucks to the D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants, according to league sources.

Alexander was the eighth overall pick out of West Virginia by Milwaukee in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Alexander has consistently battled injuries throughout his NBA career.

Hmm, another team sending their 1st-round pick to the D-League rather then have that person rot on the bench.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#878 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:41 pm

"It might take trading somebody that we would rather not trade, but we need another player of substance."

Tonight's game marks the midway point of the season, with Monta Ellis having emerged as one of the league's leaders in scoring, assists, steals and minutes played, and with Corey Maggette playing the most efficient games of his career. Riley said the Warriors need to add another player of that caliber at the trade deadline or during the summer.

<snip>

The Warriors will have some options at the trade deadline, and Riley said he "fully anticipates a trade" at the deadline or in the offseason. With about $12 million in expiring contracts from Raja Bell, Speedy Claxton and Devean George, the Warriors could put together an attractive package to a team seeking cap relief or looking to enter this summer's free-agent sweepstakes for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and/or Chris Bosh.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1BLMV3.DTL

So GS is definitely looking to deal. Any ideas on what they might be trying to do?
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,821

Post#879 » by floppymoose » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 am

If you read the quotes carefully, Riley says exactly the same thing every other GM says to his fanbase when the team is sucking. The only takeaway from it I see is that he is trying to talk up Maggette's trade value. Other than that, there is no news there.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#880 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:44 pm

^ Boo! C'mon, baseless speculation is half the fun on a message board. Couldn't you play along just this once?

:D

Return to Washington Wizards