ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,964

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV) 

Post#981 » by DusterBuster » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:59 am

I find it funny that you can be so cocky still talking like the Blazers should have surrendered one of their best young players for Haywood, yet the Wizard's didn't get a single young player for Haywood AND Butler.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#982 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:50 pm

DusterBuster wrote:I find it funny that you can be so cocky still talking like the Blazers should have surrendered one of their best young players for Haywood, yet the Wizard's didn't get a single young player for Haywood AND Butler.

Great point. Everybody here was so sure we could get all this "value" for our players and when we didn't, nobody ever stops to think that maybe nobody values our players like we do. They just want to fire people.

P.S. - You can add JaVale McGee as the starting center in your sig.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,366

Post#983 » by verbal8 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 pm

DusterBuster wrote:I find it funny that you can be so cocky still talking like the Blazers should have surrendered one of their best young players for Haywood, yet the Wizard's didn't get a single young player for Haywood AND Butler.

I didn't expect young talent, I just thought the Wizards could have gotten more from the Blazers than they got from Dallas and still had Butler to deal.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#984 » by Hoopalotta » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:50 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Great point. Everybody here was so sure we could get all this "value" for our players and when we didn't, nobody ever stops to think that maybe nobody values our players like we do. They just want to fire people.

That's not true.

I had been expecting us to receive crap for about the last two to four weeks. :winkgrin:
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#985 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm

yungal07 wrote:Caron is 3-15?

Yep, and he finished 4-16. That's why we didn't get a first for him.

:nonono:

In the Trade thread somebody brought up that Jamison might be a Trojan horse on Cleveland's cap if he suddenly fell off, a la Richard Jefferson when he went to San Antonio. The same thing could happen to Caron. Maybe it wasn't Flip's system. Maybe he's just beginning his downslope early and everybody knew it. Maybe it was the Mountain Dew all along. Maybe, just maybe, the deal will look better to some in hindsight.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#986 » by Rafael122 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm

I think people are more outraged that we lost Haywood, not Caron.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#987 » by montestewart » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I think people are more outraged that we lost Haywood, not Caron.

Yeah, I think Butler's better than Howard, and Howard's paid a little more and is coming back from injury, but his contract isn't guaranteed next year. It was giving a good and needed center, who may be their center for the next five years, to a contender for some cap savings. It just seems like there should have been more savings, or something else back.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#988 » by Hoopalotta » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Darko for Cardinal!

:o

Game changer!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#989 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 pm

^ :lol: Yeah, now the Wolves can finally dump Jefferson and Love. Darko+Pech = championship

Hey - wasn't Darko supposed to be signing in Europe?
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#990 » by LyricalRico » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:27 am

According to multiple NBA sources, the Warriors rejected Memphis’ intriguing offer of OJ Mayo + contract-filler.

This deal was first offered at the start of the season and possibly is still on the table, in Memphis’ view, and still rejected by the Warriors.

Now, unless there are humongous chemistry issues with Mayo, I don’t know how the Warriors could do much better in an Ellis deal.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... -salaries/

If that's true, I gotta say GS whiffed on that. I'm not a huge Mayo fan (I prefer Miracle Whip) but if they can get out of Monta's contract and get a blue chip prospect, I think they have to do it.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#991 » by verbal8 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:09 am

LyricalRico wrote:^ :lol: Yeah, now the Wolves can finally dump Jefferson and Love. Darko+Pech = championship

Hey - wasn't Darko supposed to be signing in Europe?

The balance of power in the NBA has shifted j/k

Darko really irritates me. There was an article that he was expecting a full buyout so he could go back to Europe.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#992 » by Hoopalotta » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:26 am

Why in the hell would the Bucks take John Salmons when they could have spent $1.2 million more next year and made a pass at whatever the Knicks were kicking out to take on the Jeffers?

That just strikes me as insanity.
ErikChowbay023
Junior

Post#993 » by ErikChowbay023 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 am

The Rockets have an agreement in principal with the Kings to acquire Kevin Martin, according to Marc Stein.

This trade could expand to a three-way deal with the Knicks, sending McGrady to New York.

A league source indicated that McGrady will wind up in Sacramento or New York by Thursday's deadline.

Kenny Thomas, Hilton Armstrong and Sergio Rodriguez will also come to Houston, while McGrady, Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey will be outgoing, according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... z0frpaNvfv

Whoever got Carl Landry won...plain and simple..if the Knicks got him, then D Walsh is the best GM in the league. Because I thought all along that Houston was not gonna give him up.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#994 » by Hoopalotta » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:24 am

I knew that that the Rockets weren't keeping both of their power forwards. I guess the question now is do they keep both of their point guards?

Here's a tweet though on Landry....

DraftExpress Some bad blood there from restricted FA negotiations. Was gone in 14 months RT @kpelton: Like this deal lot less 4 Houston w/Landry included

Whoever gets him is going to have to pay him real soon. For the Kings, I would have liked to see them get out from one of their contracts.

Makes a lot of sense. You can't keep everyone. The Rockets fans were right that we'd receive a crap package, but we were right that there was no way they had a 10 man core.

I'd dare to venture that Darryl Morrey is comfortable that he can get another power forward this year in the draft and will be relieved to lock him up for four years.

A little concerned to see the Rockets acquire another injury prone player though.

I'll reserve judgement, but seems a fair deal all around from what I know thus far.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#995 » by LyricalRico » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Sacramento just became the sunglasses capital of the world cuz their future is looking pretty bright. Even if they can't immediately upgrade at PG, they still look like they could be around .500 next season.

I would also expect them to be active on draft night. Most of the guys in their range will be PF/C prospects so maybe they use the pick to swap a guy like Nocioni for a PG upgrade.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#996 » by verbal8 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:49 pm

LyricalRico wrote:I would also expect them to be active on draft night. Most of the guys in their range will be PF/C prospects so maybe they use the pick to swap a guy like Nocioni for a PG upgrade.

If IND didn't already have Murphy and Dunleavy getting big deals next year Nocioni and some incentive for TJ Ford might not have been a bad option.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#997 » by verbal8 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

What is Milwaukee's motivation for acquiring Salmons. Joe Alexander is only a contract, but I think Warrick is at least as good as Salmons. Not only do they take on Salmons at $6 mil+ in 2010/11, but they add a million this season.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#998 » by Rafael122 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Is next year the last year of his contract? Bucks are looking at 2011 free agency. Redd's contract comes off the books I think.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#999 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:48 pm

verbal8 wrote:What is Milwaukee's motivation for acquiring Salmons. Joe Alexander is only a contract, but I think Warrick is at least as good as Salmons. Not only do they take on Salmons at $6 mil+ in 2010/11, but they add a million this season.

It's a case of low expectations. Milwaukee fans are going to be happy just to make the playoffs, and Salmons helps them get there because he steps in and probably becomes their best wing player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#1000 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:50 pm

verbal8 wrote:What is Milwaukee's motivation for acquiring Salmons. Joe Alexander is only a contract, but I think Warrick is at least as good as Salmons. Not only do they take on Salmons at $6 mil+ in 2010/11, but they add a million this season.

Agreed. Chicago made out like bandits in this deal. They sacrificed nothing to give up Salmons, while saving $1M in the process.

As to Hoopalotta's question about why Milwaukee didn't deal with the Knicks, my guess is that it's because the Knicks don't have much to offer. They don't have a 2010 pick, they can't trade their 2011 pick, and 2012 is a long time from now. Most GM's don't have that kind of time horizon because they need immediate results in order to avoid being fired.

Return to Washington Wizards