Spens1 Mock Draft

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,166

Re: Spens1 Mock Draft 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Sun May 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Spens1 wrote:
TheGMWill wrote:As a Mavs watcher and fan, if Ntilikina is there at 9 , there is no way they pass on him. They've already got Wes and Steph locked into the 2 guard roles. They need a future PG stalwart. if the Frenchman in there, they take him. That being said.....if Ntilikina is NOT there, they go DSJ assuming NYK went with Frank.

you would take Nkilitina over Malik Monk?

Genuinely curious as Monk is widely seen as a guy who could go around 6 (though he probably falls if he doesn't go there). Or is it a case of getting the future P.G now and not really wanting to look into F.A.

Yea I don't see any way the Mavs pass on Ntilikina if he's still on the board at 9. Monk would be a nice player to have but they have enough combo guards. Also their need is at PG. They are going into the 2nd year if their rebuild and would have a young balanced roster with Ntilikina, Barnes, and Noel. They would still need another young scorer but if you have a chance to draft a potential franchise PG you have to take him.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#22 » by Spens1 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:21 am

Mr B wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
TheGMWill wrote:As a Mavs watcher and fan, if Ntilikina is there at 9 , there is no way they pass on him. They've already got Wes and Steph locked into the 2 guard roles. They need a future PG stalwart. if the Frenchman in there, they take him. That being said.....if Ntilikina is NOT there, they go DSJ assuming NYK went with Frank.

Genuinely curious as Monk is widely seen as a guy who could go around 6 (though he probably falls if he doesn't go there). Or is it a case of getting the future P.G now and not really wanting to look into F.A.

Yea I don't see any way the Mavs pass on Ntilikina if he's still on the board at 9. Monk would be a nice player to have but they have enough combo guards. Also their need is at PG. They are going into the 2nd year if their rebuild and would have a young balanced roster with Ntilikina, Barnes, and Noel. They would still need another young scorer but if you have a chance to draft a potential franchise PG you have to take him.

fair enough, could you see you guys trading for a P.G (i.e. Bledsoe, Rubio etc).
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,166

Post#23 » by Mr B » Mon May 29, 2017 5:24 am

Spens1 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

fair enough, could you see you guys trading for a P.G (i.e. Bledsoe, Rubio etc).

Definitely not for Bledsoe. The Mavs are really looking to add younger less injury prone players. Rubio could be an option but it won't include the Mavs giving up any 1st round picks (which mean it likely will not happen). Word has it that they have an interest in Jrue Holiday if they cannot land a PG in the draft.

It will also be interesting to see if they find a way to get involved in any trade for Deangelo Russell or Mudiay if either becomes available. They fit the mold of the kind of player that are looking at add.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#24 » by Spens1 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:34 am

26-30

26. Portland Trailblazers - Jordan Bell

A legitimately hard team to pick for, honestly the Blazers could go a number of ways, either go Raw and go for Jeanne or Pasecnics, reach maybe and fill out their depth chart with Evans, White. I'm doing neither with this pick, in fact it may not even make that much sense. Bell out of Oregon comes in to help the front court out defensively. He can be a small-ball center and a P.F. He is one of the most impressive defensive prospects in the draft and is incredibly athletic, with a 38 inch vert. He can come in and make an immediate impact for the Blazers and be a real energiser for the team. If you believe Nurkic is your guy at Center, then you go for him over Jeanne as Bell is more flexible in that sense and more NBA ready (which you need, not to mention Jeanne isn't as positionally flexible).

27. Brooklyn Nets - Caleb Swanigan

How this guy isn't being talked about as a top 20 pick potentially i don't understand. He just turned 20 and has averaged 18/12 last year on 54/44 % shooting, near 80% from the line also. He also averaged 3APG. The only thing this guy doesn't do is defend very well. But at 20 and a having a 7'3 wingspan he may have the tools to do that also. Swanigan perfectly compliments Giles skillset as Giles has defensive abilities, but lack of anything offensive. Not to mention That would be a 19 and 20 year old frontcourt duo (if Lopez gets dealt), pair that with Lavert and RHJ and you are starting to see a solid young core, despite Billy King's incompetence. Probably my favourite non-lottery prospect in the entire draft.

28. L.A Lakers - Bam Adebayo

Could have gone for Fergeson but honestly he doesn't fit with the Lakers. DJ Wilson would be tempting also here but ultimately Adebayo's Athleticism is probably the best option here.

29. San Antonio Spurs - Jawun Evans

Given they need to most likely get rid of Parker and/or not resign Mills long term to get CP3, i could see them getting Evans here. Also he is a very spurs type of player. He has a good feel for the game, able to play unselfishly and is able to change his speed up, has good footwork and is a tough cookie to boot. He is a very good passer of the ball already (who can become better), is willing to take contact and drive to the lane, has a very good kickout pass and can run the pick and roll. Seems like a natural fit for the Spurs. Not to mention learning off of Pop and his staff and being an understudy to CP3, i think Evans more than picks up a few tricks and becomes a solid guard in the NBA

30. Utah Jazz - DJ Wilson

He has a guarantee from the Jazz and it makes perfect sense. With Favours potentially on his way out and Lyles not being as impressive this season and receiving less minutes than last year, i could see them going for another P.F with #30. Now they could go for Fergeson but like the lakers, its not the best fit. Wilson is more NBA ready now than Hartenstein and more importantly, is more likely to come over immediately. Hartenstein may take 2-3 years to come over. Wilson comes in and immediately offers you a high percentage guy from the field, is a decent 3pt shooter for a 4 (37% from 3) and is a solid defender. Not to mention he is a high character guy which the Jazz organisation seems to love (well i guess every team wants high character guys).
Spens1
RealGM

Post#25 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:45 pm

31-35

31. Atlanta Hawks - Terrence Ferguson

I'll admit, i'm not a huge fan of his game, but he certainly has potential to be a very solid player. He's young, very athletic (38 inch vert) and at 31, not a bad project to pick up.

32. Phoenix Suns - Anzejs Pasecniks

They can stash him away for a season or two, he has the skillset needed to at least offer the suns something different from what they already have. They have Len and Chandler who fit more traditional moulds of an NBA center (back to basket and a defensive center). The hope is that when Pasecniks is ready, he will come in as an alternative to those two.

33. Orlando Magic - Semi Ojeleye

Orlando have an athletic stretch 4 in Gordon, however they don't have one with the shooting prowess as Semi Ojeleye. Furthermore, his dominant position is S.F. Whilst in this mock draft they have drafted a S.F/P.F in Isaac, i think Ojeleye is more NBA ready arguably than Isaac and even off the bench he could offer something extra. Orlando here can get a player in Ojeleye who is everything they wanted from Gordon this year.

34. Sacramento Kings - Derrick White

I was very tempted to go with Jackson here, the only reason i didn't is for the versatility. I think White offers more with regard to all round play. Definately on the older scale at 23, but is a good scorer, passer and is pretty efficient in the way he does things. Getting a guy who can offer something off the bench in the 2nd round isn't a bad thing.

35. Orlando Magic - Frank Mason III

Going for a reach here at 35 but i think its a reach that makes a ton of sense for the Magic. Its the last pick they have in the draft so i'm going more for need. Whilst Payton hasn't been bad, they do need a lot more scoring from the position, maybe their backcourt in general. I think Mason provides someone who is going to completely contrast Payton and be an effective backup. Good shooter and athletic, i'm amazed he isn't being talked about more (especially playing for Kansas). His athleticism is insane also, 41 inch vert and very quick on the floor. I don't think size is as much of a factor anymore, but it could provide for some mismatches.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#26 » by Spens1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:14 pm

36-40:

36. Philadelphia 76ers - Jonah Bolden

Probably isn't an area of great need, however adding another P.F who is quiet versatile, not to mention another Aussie (alongside Simmons) may not be the worst thing to do this late in the draft. Bolden could very well be a steal in the 2nd round. At worst he adds depth.

37. Boston Celtics - Thomas Bryant

Boston do need some bigs, they do have some young players here but its easily the weakest area for them. I'm not saying Bryant will be a star but he has good physicals (7'6 wingspan and 33 inch vert) and isn't a bad shooter (38.3% from 3 on 2 shots per game and 55% from the floor, 73% from the line).

38. Chicago Bulls - Tony Bradley

Whilst they could easily go with Kuzma here, i think the Bulls going for potential may be the best option. Bradley came out of college way too early but he has potential to be a first round guy. He is incredibly raw right now though basically everywhere, however in the 15MPG he played, he averaged 7/5.

39. Philadelphia 76ers - Josh Hart

The 76ers need shooters, Hart probably offers the best shooting this late if we're talking about the volume of shots (5 shots from beyond 3 but averages above 40% as a focal point of that offense). Hart at Villanova has already won an NCAA title as a starter last year as well as this years big east player of the year.

40. New Orleans Pelicans - Wesley Iwundu

Certainly not the best shooter in the draft but his 7'1 wingspan and his athleticism (not elite but definitely above average) probably means he projects as a really good defensive prospect with the right coaching. Not to mention his shot isn't all that bad (37% from 3, 52% from the field, 77% FT). He had to do it all at Kansas really so he can rebound and has a bit of playmaking skills. He could get decent minutes from the get-go and should be ready to contribute to a Pelicans team that's looking to make the playoffs and even go on to have a run there.
GritAndMind
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#27 » by GritAndMind » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Would you re-do the end of the first round? Jeanne going in 1st round is highly questionable after his medical condition; he may not get picked.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#28 » by Spens1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 pm

GritAndMind wrote:Would you re-do the end of the first round? Jeanne going in 1st round is highly questionable after his medical condition; he may not get picked.

yeah he isn't now. I'd imagine Lakers go with Evans, Wilson or Ojeleye.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#29 » by Spens1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:41 pm

41-45.

41. Atlanta Hawks - Kyle Kuzma

With the recent Howard deal, i think its more or less certain Millsap walks. Even if he doesn't, Kuzma is a good backup at P.F. Solid scorer and rebounder, doesn't offer a lot else really. His 3pt shot is there but isn't great either. He kind of is athletic also but only kind of.

42. Utah Jazz - Sterling Brown

He is a fantastic shooter of the ball this late, has a good wingspan also (6'10), not to mention, not a bad defender. He has 3&D Potential thats for sure.

43. Houston Rockets - Mathias Lessort

Some front court depth would not hurt them. Lessort isn't going to come over now but when he does, he could at least come off the bench.

44. New York Knicks - Tyler Dorsey

More of a need than a want i guess. They need some guard depth and Dorsey is a 50-40 shooter, somehow is a 75% F.T shooter (not sure how) but is a solid player. Basically a player at the back end to fill out the bench

45. Houston Rockets - Dillon Brooks

By this stage Motley must feel slighted but this isn't really a reflection on him (he's a good player) but Brooks can play a role off the end of the bench, which basically is to put up points. His percentages are similar to Dorsey but he is more athletic and may be slightly better defensively (neither are great though). He doesn't offer a lot currently on anything but offense.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#30 » by Spens1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:22 pm

going to do a quick last 15.

46. Philadelphia 76ers - Johnathon Motley
47. Indiana Pacers - Edmond Sumner
48. Milwaukee Bucks - Alec Peters
49. Denver Nuggets - George De Paula
50. Philadelphia 76ers - Sindarius Thornwell
51. Denver Nuggets - Devin Robinson
52. New Orleans Hornets - PJ Dozier
53. Boston Celtics - Alberto Albalde
54. Phoenix Suns - Johnathon Jeanne
55. Utah Jazz - Nigel-Williams Goss
56. Boston Celtics - Vlatka Cancar
57. Brooklyn Nets - Cameron Oliver
58. New York Knicks - Devon Reed
59. San Antonio Spurs - Dwayne Bacon
60. Atlanta Hawks - Damyean Dotson
Spens1
RealGM

Post#31 » by Spens1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:52 am

Ok so I'm going to start with the top 5. Going to do this according to the current standings as they currently are

1. Phoenix Suns - DeAndre Ayton

Ayton is too damn good of a prospect to turn down for Phoenix. He's a prospect out of Arizona and is a monster center that will be a good contrast to Devin Booker in the backcourt. That could be a dynamic duo in the future. Len not getting more than 22MPG is also rather telling, it tells me that Phoenix may not value him that highly. Ayton could very well be the best big man they have had since Stoudemire.

2. Atlanta Hawks - Luka Doncic

Atlanta I can safely say need a bit of everything except maybe P.G. I'll be honest though, I did nearly say go for Young here and trade Schroder for another pick here but Doncic is the real deal I think. Doncic however is the furthest thing from a typical euro-prospect you could imagine. He isn't a fantastic 3pt shooter (32% from the 3) but then again, how many guys at 18 are one of the better players in the euroleague, starting and playing consistent minutes. He is a good scorer and can get to the rim very well despite not being quick perse. He also has good court vision which could help Schroeder a bit too.

3. Dallas Mavericks - Marvin Bagley

Dallas need to start thinking of life after Dirk and who is the guy to take over from him in the long run. Bagley could very well be the future as well as being the heir apparent in Dallas. He's ridiculously efficient (shooting near 60%) and can shoot a 3 ball also (35% from there). He hits the boards hard so he can rack up them defensive and offensive rebounds. He is fantastic at getting to the line also. He's what you may call an advanced stats dream. Between him and Dennis Smith Jr the Mav's will have two cornerstone pieces, however unlike DSJ, I imagine Bagley will be more efficient.

4. Orlando Magic - Trae Young

They traded away Payton for a 2nd. Part of the reason surely is to get this man. Orlando need to start from scratch, that means Vucenic and Fournier need to go and they need to get good young assets/picks from them also (both I imagine could pull something in that 10-15 range since both provide the difference between lottery and playoffs). Before I get more sidetracked, Young provides the perfect building block, he's a prototypical NBA P.G. He's a fantastic scorer, passer, FT shooter, can get to the line and is a solid leader. He's my favourite prospect in this draft and for good reason, he's the top scorer in the entire NCAA and think about it, how many near 30PPG scorers have their been in the NCAA let alone near 30/10 ones. Turnovers with him are an issue but many top P.G's had that issue coming in, its something that can be coached out of his game.

5. Sacramento Kings - Micheal Porter Jr

Like I said in my rebuild, he is the perfect piece for them. He would have been the #1 pick if he remained healthy. He genuinly is the best prospect going forward. Its about time the Kings got a lucky break and this may be it. Porter Jr if he gets healthy will be a franchise player and one of the best S.F's in the game in 5 years time. He can score efficiently, rebound, get to the line on the regular, solid defender, doesn't turn the ball over that often, then again a lot of these assumptions are based on his high school stuff. How he would do in the pro's is a mystery but he has the most potential out of anyone to become a star.

6. Memphis Grizzlies - Jaren Jackson Jr

Much like Orlando, they need to blow it up completely. Jackson Jr is one of the younger prospects here but he is still here on merit. He is probably the best defender thus far picked, getting 3BPG. Along with being a shot blocking extrodinair, he can shoot the 3 ball even better than Bagley who went at 3. I think he would fit what Memphis are also trying to do, if he where to bulk up he could even play Center but for now, he's a good P.F. to start the rebuild

7. Cleveland Cavaliers - Mikal Bridges

I'm going to work under the assumption that Lebron is leaving, If he isn't, Bamba is absolutely perfect to put up top. If Lebron goes, its clear that they are on the way down, however it isn't all bad news, they have some good pieces going forward (Nance Jr, Hood, Clarkson). Bridges is a 6'7 S.G. with a 7'1 wingspan that is shooting 50/41/83. The only reason he isn't going higher is that he's 21, but teams have chosen inferior prospects just based on age. The cav's would be dumb to make such a mistake in the post Lebron era. Bridges could be a superstar if Cleveland are smart (that means probably sacking Lue and hiring an actual coach).

8. Chicago Bulls - Mohammed Bamba

He is the pefect guy to put next to Markannen. Each masks each others weaknesses and enhance their strengths. Bamba is an elite shot blocker and is a solid rebounder, Markannen is a great shooter and can score. However Bamba isn't some non 3pt shooting center, he has shown an ability to score the 3 ball also, the question is whether that translates to NBA range and if he can get it a better click than 28%. He also is the best prospect available, something Chicago shouldn't be passing up on (especially when the fit is so good).

9. New York Knicks - Wendell Carter Jr

I thought about Miles Bridges (no relation to Mikal) or Kevin Knox, but Carter Jr is the best prospect and honestly, he can play up top with Porzingis when he comes back. He does a lot of things well, he can shoot the 3 ball damn efficiently (then again he only took 1.5 shots per game). He's also efficient and good at the line too. Not the worst rebounder in the world either and has an NBA body already. He will need to watch out for fouls when he's in the NBA and he will need to probably use that size a bit better to increase his rebounding. But he's got potential that's for sure.

10. Philadelphia 76ers - Colin Sexton

What on earth happened to Fultz, how on earth do you forget how to shoot a basketball, especially a shooter as good as him. Anyway Sexton is brought in as a) a contingency policy if Fultz really busts hard and b) if fultz remembers again, he will come off the bench as an impact player or even a 6th man type player. Its pointless Philly trying to draft Bridges or Knox here because lord knows, they don't need more S.F and swingmen.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#32 » by Spens1 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:20 am

11. Charlotte Hornets - Miles Bridges

Looking at the rest of the prospects, this may be the only option really that is super appealing for the Hornets. Its the BPA and he's also the one area they probably could use some quality in (if they're dealing away Batum, then they'd only have MKG really and he's worse offensively arguably than Bridges coming out). If he can get to the line more (meaning he improves his driving to the basket) I think he will be a threat. He is a good all around offensive player and is a solid rebounder also. Got an NBA ready body and will be 20 years old coming out so he has time.

12. L.A. Clippers - Zaire Smith

The freshman out of Texas Tech has ridiculous efficiency (57/43), however he hasn't really gotten many shots so that may change, what we do know is that his fundamentals shooting wise are sound, he also is a very good defensive prospect. He could turn out to be a very good defensive prospect. The Clippers are totally in rebuild mode and to be honest, they need to chose wisely with their picks, they really could pick up two gems at the end of the lottery.

13. Utah Jazz - Kevin Knox

They just lost Hayward in the summer and they traded away his replacement seemingly in Rodney Hood, last year got Mitchell. Knox won't even be 19 by the time the draft comes around and already is one of Kentucky's top options. He's a solid, if not spectacular shooter already and shows the fundamentals of being a good rebounder in the NBA (though he needs to work on it, needs to be crash the boards harder). It seems like a natural fit for Utah also, he may be a bit raw but with Crowder around, you don't need him to develop fast either.

14. L.A Clippers - Robert Williams

The Clippers could very well lose Jordan this summer. Williams could be the replacement. He is a defensive beast, averaging over 2BPG, solid rebounder and is efficient. With a 7'4 wingspan, he will be able to be an issue both on the block and potentially on the perimeter also. I don't think he will be a superstar pick perse, but he's a solid player nontheless.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#33 » by Spens1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:51 am

With the updated draft:

Self explanatory really, BPA and best fit also

2. Memphis Grizzlies - Luka Doncic

They need a S.G. and he's the BPA also, they don't have the luxury of saying no to prospects

3. Dallas Mavericks - Micheal Porter Jr

Dallas should make the gamble, yes he didn't play, but if he's healthy then he could be the best player of this draft.

4. Atlanta Hawks - Marvin Bagley

He's a decent player for sure and he's solid as the main piece to begin. Schroeder is only 24 so him and Bagley could be a good big man-small man combo for years to come

5. Orlando Magic - Trae Young

You can't ignore the fit. He's a potential superstar P.G. and has the tools to succeed. They also desperately need a P.G. after dealing Payton for next to nothing.

6. Chicago Bulls - Jarren Jackson Jr

6'11 and 240. He's a good fit in theory next to Markannen and also adds stretch ability at C or P.F. depending on how they play it. A lot of people feel he's a top 3 guy (i think he's overrated to be honest that high but he is a good prospect). He does a lot of things well and is a fantastic defender. With a 7'4 wingspan, he's big enough to play center for sure

7. Sacramento Kings - Mikal Bridges

Yep, this time i'm going for fit over talent (Bamba is the better talent, but Sacramento don't need more big men at all). Bridges at S.F. is very good of a prospect and the fact is, they're going for high level and quality guys. With a 7'1 wingspan and standing at 6'7, he's big enough to play there, and he is a 50/40/85 shooter. Defensively solid also making him the ultimate 3&D guy. If he can get to the line more he's perfect.

8. Cleveland Cavaliers - Mohamed Bamba

They'll luck out here but Bamba is the perfect prospect to put next to Love, and if you keep Lebron, he's a great piece.

9. New York Knicks - Wendell Carter Jr

Solid complimentary piece to put next to Porzingis, i'm not his biggest fan but he's got an NBA ready body and could be solid in the future.

10. Philadelphia 76ers - Zhaire Smith

They need a S.G. who can stretch the floor, especially if JJ Reddick isn't coming back, Smith adds that and then some. He's also a solid defender.

BPA, not really more to that. They just drafted a S.G. and they better not draft another big man so a S.F. is the most logical choice i'd imagine.

12. L.A. Clippers - Collin Sexton

They don't have a starting quality P.G. Sexton could be that in the NBA. He's not a pass first guard but he can rack up the points. He also isn't the best shooter (not terrible either) nor is he a good defender but he has potential.

13. L.A. Clippers - Robert Williams

I was tossing up between him and Knox but Williams is just too good of a fit, regardless of what Jordan does. He is a P.F. who has a real defensive edge to him as well as a solid rebounder. If DJ leaves, he could be a replacement to be honest.

14. Denver Nuggets - Kevin Knox

Denver should thank their lucky stars he goes this low, i think he could go as high as 9. He's a very good prospect with good potential. Not even 19 right now but already a decent scorer (45/35 is not bad at all and he can build off that).
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,155

Post#34 » by The-Power » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:37 pm

No way should Atlanta take fit with Schröder into account when deciding who to draft. Atlanta is in the early phases of a rebuild and Schröder simply isn't that good, he shouldn't impact the decision who they draft at all.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#35 » by Spens1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:51 pm

The-Power wrote:No way should Atlanta take fit with Schröder into account when deciding who to draft. Atlanta is in the early phases of a rebuild and Schröder simply isn't that good, he shouldn't impact the decision who they draft at all.

well either way i'd go with Bagley, he's BPA at 4 to be honest.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,155

Post#36 » by The-Power » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Spens1 wrote:
The-Power wrote:No way should Atlanta take fit with Schröder into account when deciding who to draft. Atlanta is in the early phases of a rebuild and Schröder simply isn't that good, he shouldn't impact the decision who they draft at all.

well either way i'd go with Bagley, he's BPA at 4 to be honest.

I know many feel that way and I can't disagree with the logic then, although I'd disagree with the ranking of Bagley.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#37 » by Spens1 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:44 am

Post Lottery Mock Draft:

They'd be idiots not to, talk about perfect fit.

2. Sacramento Kings - Luka Doncic

A bit of a dilemna with him and Hield but Doncic can probably play S.F. if needs be. I think he will be a fantastic get for them.

3. Atlanta Hawks - Marvin Bagley

He's one of the more polished players on the board and offensively can carry them better than Jackson

4. Memphis Grizzlies - Jaren Jackson Jr

In terms of potential he has it in spades, could be a really special player in the league. He's also a good 3&D player who on the Grizzlies will get space to develop

5. Dallas Mavericks - Michael Porter Jr

I think he's a swing for the fences type but Dallas could use it, he could be a franchise S.F. given his potential, people rated him pre injury higher than Ayton and it isn't hard to see why. If he is healthy he will be the cornerstone for Dallas for years to come.

6. Orlando Magic - Trae Young

The easiest pick in the draft, they need a P.G. in the worst way and he is exactly that.

7. Chicago Bulls - Mo Bamba

Put him next to Markannen and the front court is sorted, then just sign Parker and hope he remains healthy and that's a solid core going forward.

8. Cleveland Cavaliers - Wendell Carter Jr

If Lebron stays, it just makes more sense and ultimately you hope he does stay. He'd be the starting C along with Love and they're a good fit together. If Lebron declares that he's leaving, go with Bridges

9. New York Knicks - Mikal Bridges

The Knicks couldn't have done much better, he's a 3&D S.F. who will do well regardless of their next moves.

10. Philadelphia 76ers - Zhaire Smith

Shooting at S.G. is a must long term and Smith offers that. He also has potential to be one of those gems at S.G. in the early teens (like Booker or Mitchell).

Don't need a P.G. or S.G. but they could use a S.F. as MKG is a bench player, Batum is getting.

12. L.A. Clippers - Colin Sexton

Could use a P.G. aside from Beverley, certainly couldn't hurt them to add some depth there and he is the BPA. More likely the pick gets traded to bolster their lineup in the pursuit of Lebron and/or Leonard.

13. L.A. Clippers - Lonnie Walker

Walker is a S.G. with solid potential who can develop nicely in that roster.

14. Denver Nuggets - Kevin Knox

Nuggets will need a wing as they potentially could lose both Barton and Chandler this offseason.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#38 » by Spens1 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 am

15. Washington Wizards - Robert Williams

Good defensive player who can anchor the defense. I can't really see the

16. Phoenix Suns - Shai Gilgeous Alexander

He actually would fit next to Devin Booker and is genuinly the next best player. He is a good defender which is something you absolutely need next to Booker

17. Milwaukee Bucks - Jontay Porter

Yes another P.F./C but they need to get that position sorted. In all honesty I could see them making a move for Whiteside but Porter himself has a lot of potential and can really become a solid NBA 4 or 5. He has 3pt ability, defensive potential and good back to basket fundamentals

18. San Antonio Spurs - Shake Milton

Post Kawhi Leonard, I can see them looking to someone with that kind of potential to step up. In comes Shake Milton with his 7'1 wingspan and all round play (he can score, pass, defend). He plays 2 positions and could really end up being that back court companion to Dejounte Murray

19. Atlanta Hawks - Arnafree Simmons

Bit of a gamble to go for someone from the IMG academy but it could pay off. He is a good shooter, fairly athletic and has good handles. It could very well be a home run type of pick for the Hawks.

20. Minnesota Timberwolves - Jacob Evans

Thibs seems like the type who will go for NBA ready, Evans is an NBA ready. Offensively he is decent but i think in the NBA its his defense which will be something that makes him valuable to Thibs.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#39 » by Spens1 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:08 pm

21. Utah Jazz - Keita Bates Diop

I can see them going a bit older in the hope that he is more NBA ready. He has the ability to become a solid 3&D S.F. and has the tools (with a 7'4 wingspan). Utah is shrewd so i think they'll know what they're doing with their pick

22. Chicago Bulls - Dzanan Musa

The bulls go for the international prospect at Small Forward. This could end up being moved in a S&T really but for now, Chicago goes with the BPA as well as the player who fits their position needs.

23. Indiana Pacers - Jalen Brunson

The one position they're probably the weakest (other than maybe S.F). Scoring wise, he is absolutely efficient with good range on his shot, good advanced stats as well. Rather poor defensively it must be said but he is an offensive talent.

24. Portland Trailblazers - Troy Brown

Defensively he would be perfect next to either McCollum or Lillard. Offensively not the best but he is a defensive stopper and with that wingspan he would really help those two on the defensive end. He is also a good rebounder and passer which will help a team with already good ball movement.

25. L.A. Lakers - Kyhri Thomas

This is the prospect I want to see us land. Is it a logical choice, not really, but with No real P.G options I'd say he's right up our alley, a junior from a smallish school but has good stats and a hell of a wingspan. We need shooting and he brings that, he can play P.G. if we need it and he can come of the bench and really fill in that void left by Clarkson i think. Defensively he is quiet sound also.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#40 » by Spens1 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:15 am

26. Philadelphia 76ers - Melvin Frazier

Philly doesn't have a lot of holes in their roster, Frazier has some decent tools and could be a solid player, Good wingspan, solid 3&D prospect who could play a bench role immediately.

27. Boston Celtics - Mitchell Robinson

This is a gamble but Robinson could end up being someone who could actually start in a few years, he could learn from Horford as well.

28. Golden State Warriors - Gary Clark

One of the older players in the draft but he does everyone so well its hard to ignore him. His advanced stats are actually insane and given the role he would be playing, he would fit in like a glove into that system. He shoots 43.5% from 3 and 52.5% from F.G. 1.4BPG and 1.2SPG. He can play Small Forward also. He could be their next shrewd pickup

29. Brooklyn Nets - Gary Trent Jr

3&D type guard who is the BPA. Much more of a traditional S.G. so if they are insisting on Rusell at P.G. It would at least make sense to get an actual S.G. who could start. Honestly he could slot in as a starter from day 1 since Brooklyn does lack this type of S.G.

30. Atlanta Hawks - Aaron Holiday

They could be without a P.G. soon and Holiday isn't the worst option to bring in. I doubt he's starting quality from day 1 but he was impressive for UCLA, 20/5 with good percentages.

Return to Mock Drafts