EvanZ 2020 Big Board

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,311

Re: EvanZ 2020 Big Board 

Post#21 » by getrichordie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:59 pm

I disagree with so much of this board. Who is your team? I'm wondering what kind of lens you are viewing this draft through...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,241

Post#22 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:44 pm

getrichordie wrote:I disagree with so much of this board. Who is your team? I'm wondering what kind of lens you are viewing this draft through...

I'm a Warriors fan. So it's not like I don't know what it takes to win. :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#23 » by getrichordie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:47 pm

EvanZ wrote:
getrichordie wrote:I disagree with so much of this board. Who is your team? I'm wondering what kind of lens you are viewing this draft through...

Your board makes more sense now, :lol:

I see you've finally cooled on Mannion. What changed?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#24 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:58 pm

getrichordie wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

At the end of the day I feel he's probably never more than a backup point guard or fringe starter, and those guys just aren't valuable to me. I actually moved a lot of guys down recently that I feel the same way about including Dotson and Tre Jones. It's possible one of those guys breaks out but I don't know which one and I don't want to bet on all of them.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#25 » by getrichordie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:03 pm

EvanZ wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

At the end of the day I feel he's probably never more than a backup point guard or fringe starter, and those guys just aren't valuable to me. I actually moved a lot of guys down recently that I feel the same way about including Dotson and Tre Jones. It's possible one of those guys breaks out but I don't know which one and I don't want to bet on all of them.

Now, you're thinking.

By the way, you should go check out the smallest (by weight) guys to weigh in at the combine for the last 10 years. There's not a ton that succeed. Terry's closest "anthro-comp" is Schroder.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#26 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:12 pm

getrichordie wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Now, you're thinking.

By the way, you should go check out the smallest (by weight) guys to weigh in at the combine for the last 10 years. There's not a ton that succeed. Terry's closest "anthro-comp" is Schroder.

Well aware. Many thought Ja was too small to succeed and he looks pretty good. Sometimes guys have to break the mold.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,291

Post#27 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Melo is like the antithesis of a Warriors player
clyde21
RealGM

Post#28 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:58 pm

EvanZ wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Now, you're thinking.

Well aware. Many thought Ja was too small to succeed and he looks pretty good. Sometimes guys have to break the mold.

Ja is a legit 6'3 with top tier athleticism tho

i like Terry, but he's 100% reliant on his J...if his J regresses in any way or he can't get shots off in the NBA he has no path to see the court what so ever
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#29 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:24 pm

clyde21 wrote:
i like Terry, but he's 100% reliant on his J...if his J regresses in any way or he can't get shots off in the NBA he has no path to see the court what so ever

Yep fully aware. That is the risk. Of course, if you miss out on him and he "hits" then that is also a risk. Just have to do the risk/reward math. I'm not enamored so much with any of the guys in lower tiers that it would be a regret for me.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#30 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#31 » by getrichordie » Tue May 12, 2020 3:14 am

Spoiler:
EvanZ wrote:
    Tier 1

Tier 2
    • Edwards

Tier 3
    • LaMelo
    • Kira

Tier 4
    • Hayes
    • Williams
    • Haliburton
    • Vassell
    • Okongwu
    • Wiseman
    • Toppin
    • Terry
    • Poku

Tier 5
    • Cole
    • Deni
    • Green
    • Okoro
    • Maxey
    • McDaniels
    • Maledon
    • Tillie
    • Ramsey
    • Jalen Smith
    • Nnaji
    • Bey
    • Woodard
    • Precious
    • Tillman
    • Perry
    • Nesmith
    • Carey
    • Riller
    • Butler
    • Jalen Harris
    • Skylar Mays
    • Bane
    • Bolmaro
    • RJ Hampton
    • Stewart
    • Reed

Tier 6
    • Bey
    • Elleby
    • Chris Smith
    • Nico
    • Dotson
    • Tre Jones
    • Oturu
    • Azubuike
    • Winston
    • Quickley
    • Ty-Shon Alexander
    • Petty
    • Isaiah Joe
    • Watford
    • Tinkle
    • Emmitt Williams
    • Flynn
    • Nwora
    • Cassius Stanley
    • DeAndre Williams
    • Payton Pritchard
    • Mason Jones
    • Nate Hinton
    • Elijah Hughes
    • Markus Howard
    • Myles Powell
    • Kristian Doolittle
    • Lamar Stevens
    • Cowan Jr
    • Markell Johnson
    • Christian Vital
    • Nick Richards

Woah

Surprised to see you so low on Hinton and Flynn and so high on Pokusevski, Lewis Jr., and Toppin.

Also, Terry over Anthony? Can you defend that? Curious to hear your reasoning. :crazy:
[twitter] @thunderdustin
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#32 » by EvanZ » Thu May 14, 2020 3:23 pm

Read on Twitter
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#33 » by EvanZ » Wed May 27, 2020 8:43 pm

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM

Post#34 » by clyde21 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:49 pm

you really think Poku goes this high or that what you would do?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#35 » by EvanZ » Wed May 27, 2020 8:51 pm

clyde21 wrote:you really think Poku goes this high or that what you would do?

LMAO, you incepted it into my mind. I don't think he'll go this high, it's a mock based on my big board. So mostly what I would do if I were each team, perhaps a little bit influenced by their previous history (like OKC picking Jaden as the "raw athlete" guy).
clyde21
RealGM

Post#36 » by clyde21 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:59 pm

ok that makes sense

so you'd take Melo #1 if you're Myers?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#37 » by EvanZ » Wed May 27, 2020 9:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:ok that makes sense

so you'd take Melo #1 if you're Myers?

Absolutely, or possibly trade down if there's a good deal and I can get two picks out of it.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#38 » by clyde21 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:07 pm

what role would Melo play differently than the one DLo had with the Warriors?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#39 » by EvanZ » Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 pm

clyde21 wrote:what role would Melo play differently than the one DLo had with the Warriors?

Better player?

BTW, not a big fan of DLo with a max contract, but to be fair, we didn't actually get to see him on "The Warriors". We saw him on a shell of a team.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#40 » by clyde21 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:26 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:what role would Melo play differently than the one DLo had with the Warriors?

Better player?

not really what I asked u, I asked you what role is he gonna play for us.

i mean, Dlo was CLEARLY a terrible fit on this team, how is Melo a better fit?

Return to Mock Drafts