Warriors Confident Of Playoff Chances With Bogut

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Warriors Confident Of Playoff Chances With Bogut 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 am

Andrew Bogut has posted 20 points, 21 rebounds and seven blocks over the past two games for the Golden State Warriors, and his teammates are much more confident about their chances in the playoffs as long as the big man stays healthy.

"If he plays like he has the last two games," forward Carl Landry said, "we're pretty tough."

The Warriors still must see whether Bogut can sustain this level of play -- and, most importantly, health -- against elevated competition.

"He really showed how good he can be when he has a live body and he's protecting the paint like we expect him to be," Warriors coach Mark Jackson said.

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,236

Re: Warriors Confident Of Playoff Chances With Bogut 

Post#2 » by Stannis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:11 am

Adding WireTap discussions was an awesome idea and implementation. I might make this board one of my regularly used boards, since it will probably be more concise and structured than the General NBA forum.

That being said, I always thought Bogut was the right move for the Warriors. He is needed for the Lee's lack of toughness and defense. Though, I think things really started clicking for the Warriors mainly because Ellis was moved.

The Warriors could do well in the playoffs if healthy (BIG if).
Free Palestine
-Kees-
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#3 » by -Kees- » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 pm

The problem is he hasn't really played good basketball in over 2 years. As a Bucks fan I'm still rooting for him, if he's fully healthy, he's all you want on D and a solid post up threat on O too (with good passing I might add). I wonder if it will change their offense at all though, because they are running the 7th fastest pace right now, Bogut may not help in that regard.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:49 pm

He's been starting to play really good basketball lately... for whatever reason we havent really gone to him offensively, but defensively he's turning into the nightmare we remember him to be.

We're playoff bound, Bogut or not... but the only chance to do any real damage in the POs lies with Bogut

Return to Wiretap Discussion