Mass Dispatch 2.0. The Latest Happenings on The Forums

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Re: Mass Dispatch 2.0. The Latest Happenings on The Forums 

Post#21 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:16 pm

About the Strike Amnesty Period, i think the mods should tell that if you are going to appeal, you need to write a letter with more than 5 lines to defend your case. Last time i tried to defend my case, i was judged on the quantity instead of the quality ! This is how i felt and still feel about it. I think you should add that precision because once you have applied and got denied, you have to wait for 6 months to be allowed to do it again
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#22 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:18 pm

Maroko wrote:About the Strike Amnesty Period, i think the mods should tell that if you are going to appeal, you need to write a letter with more than 5 lines to defend your case. Last time i tried to defend my case, i was judged on the quantity instead of the quality ! This is how i felt and still feel about it. I think you should add that precision because once you have applied and got denied, you have to wait for 6 months to be allowed to do it again

60 days not 6 months.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#23 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:25 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
Maroko wrote:About the Strike Amnesty Period, i think the mods should tell that if you are going to appeal, you need to write a letter with more than 5 lines to defend your case. Last time i tried to defend my case, i was judged on the quantity instead of the quality ! This is how i felt and still feel about it. I think you should add that precision because once you have applied and got denied, you have to wait for 6 months to be allowed to do it again

60 days not 6 months.

Still 2 months to wait...

Are we matching the speed of a real court for judging people ?
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,767

Post#24 » by tsherkin » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:26 pm

Maroko wrote:Still 2 months to wait...

Are we matching the speed of a real court for judging people ?

Yup. It's 2 months to wait. That's the policy. It isn't supposed to be lightning-fast.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Post#25 » by EArl » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:44 pm

well there you go Adrian. You may not be my favorite poster, but I felt you deserved a comeback.
Welcome Back.
Thanks HoMass!!
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,041

Post#26 » by Sofia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:18 am

I nominate Jugs as poster of the week for his contribution to OTB through his imagery, it was his birthday recently, and he will make a mighty fine admin when the time comes.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#27 » by Jimmy Forums » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:02 am

RealGM Thread of the Week

The Multiple 2014 Miami Heat Offseason Threads

Our Miami Heat Users have an offseason thread that has gotten so large it has had 5 different threads and thousands of posts in less than a week in addition to the first two legs of the thread.

ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#28 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:50 am

I would like to nominate EArl for poster of the week, he posted about Adrian's return in the last Mass Dispatch and it worked (even though he stole my idea and we all know that it was mine). Without EArl we would be nowhere today.
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#29 » by eliasrapp98 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 am

I nominate Hartford_Whalers as the moderator of the week. He is the most civil moderator I've seen and handles both the Sixers and Trades forums. He always has something interesting to say. He's the Abe Lincoln of mods. :D
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#30 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:31 am

eliasrapp98 wrote:I nominate Hartford_Whalers as the moderator of the week. He is the most civil moderator I've seen and handles both the Sixers and Trades forums. He always has something interesting to say. He's the Abe Lincoln of mods. :D

Agree, HW and the trade guys are all great mods (and tsherkin deservedly gets this week's award). I'd also name King Cuban, he always has great points on the gen board and puts in a ton of work across multiple boards as a global moderator.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#31 » by kingkirk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:17 am

bondom34 wrote:Agree, HW and the trade guys are all great mods (and tsherkin deservedly gets this week's award). I'd also name King Cuban, he always has great points on the gen board and puts in a ton of work across multiple boards as a global moderator.

Thanks for the kind words, but you know i am a girl!

I am going to let this one slide, just this once...
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#32 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 am

KingCuban wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Agree, HW and the trade guys are all great mods (and tsherkin deservedly gets this week's award). I'd also name King Cuban, he always has great points on the gen board and puts in a ton of work across multiple boards as a global moderator.

There is a certain OTB thread that makes me question whether you deserve all the kind words for the multiple rules you broke :lol:
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#33 » by kingkirk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:25 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:There is a certain OTB thread that makes me question whether you deserve all the kind words for the multiple rules you broke :lol:

Don't make me ban you.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#34 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Don't forget about the World Cup Final this weekend!

Come to the soccer forum and join the discussion.

FIFA World Cup Final: Germany vs. Argentina (July 13th): Link

FIFA World Cup 3rd Place: Brazil v Netherlands (July 12th): Link
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#35 » by aIvin adams » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:42 pm

i'd like to nominate myself (aIvin adams) for poster of the week

i've just been posting with such integrity and humility recently
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#36 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm

KingCuban wrote:

My bad, sorry (the avatar screws me up!)....awkward silence.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#37 » by Elden Payton » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Thanks Howard for the great idea of Mass Dispatch, I appreciate you sharing your insight with us and the best website on the entire internet, continues to improve rapidly.

I'm not sure this is the appropriate place, but I would like to make some nominations of some mods and a poster, who I feel deserve recognition.

Being a Charlotte fan, has historically been tough at the best of times, for a guy like me who lives in a place on the other side of the world, where I'm one of a handful of NBA fans, Realgm becomes a haven.

The Charlotte board has always been a vibrant and welcoming community, lead admirably by all three of our moderators fatlever, BigSlam and Sachmo; all three of these moderators do a wonderful job and all deserve recognition, however, as (I believe) I have to nominate only one, I would like to nominate fatlever for his wonderful contribution to and leadership of the Charlotte Realgm community.

Fats is our guru and his history of support of the Charlotte franchise is unrivaled, his knowledge of the game has helped not just myself over the years, and I believe, I can speak for us all in saying, that it has helped us all.

Fats isn't the type of guy to beat his own drum, so I thought that I'd do it for him, alongside BigSlam and Sachmo who also deserve recognition, the Charlotte board is in good hands.

I would also like to nominate 2 other moderators for mod of the week, these 2 mods, moderate smaller communities on these boards, so I thought I'd beat their drum also.

@The Rebel of the Nuggets board and @Bondom34 of the Thunder board are not only great posters on this site, they are also great moderators.

Despite the limitations of their own boards, they both find ways to contribute to Realgm in it's entirety, and I always enjoy conversing with them when it arises, around the traps so to speak.

Both deserve recognition for their conduct and thoughtfulness whilst dealing with other posters, specifically on the GB and other teams boards.

Last but not least, I would like to recognise a poster who is rather new(ish) on the Charlotte board, @JDR720 is a quality poster who has contributed very much to the discussion and analysis of our board and improved it very much.

I believe he deserves recognition as many posters try to use join dates or post counts as a sign of a posters credibility, commitment or proficiency, @JDR720 is a perfect example that many posters join everyday with vast knowledge of the game and contribute thoughtfully and thoroughly to this wonderful website.

I believe he should be commended.

Kind regards,

Sik.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,705

Post#38 » by Howard Mass » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:40 pm

If anyone has questions or nominations for any of the Awards categories, there is a thread for each of these things on our Mass Dispatch Forum. :nod:

viewforum.php?f=437

I really appreciate everyone's Feedback.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#39 » by Wavy Q » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:04 am

Semi Sentient also created an accidental media storm i think regarding Shaq in like 2005 which is hilarious
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#40 » by Gremz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:24 am

Ask Howard is more popular than Ask Gremz ever was. :(

Return to Mass Dispatch