The Brown Frown Hall of Shame

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Re: The Brown Frown Hall of Shame 

Post#81 » by chabber » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:45 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:Since we are apparently adding events or non events to this list, I motion to add Bernie refusing Portlands offer to trade 5 and 13 for 3 which we would’ve used on Chris Paul.

From memory we were more interested in Deron Williams than we were Chris Paul?

I always remember it being CP3 who we were interested in, but we could have all been retconning it over time.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Re: The "Brown Frown" Hall of Fame 

Post#82 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:58 pm

fatlever wrote:Rice's tenure with Charlotte ended ugly. He faked an injury and refused to play to force a trade out of Charlotte to Lakers. At least we got Eddie Jones and Campbell in return.

Many of my old school Charlotte Hornet friends loathed Glen Rice with the passion of a thousand suns after that move.

It's not the most egregious example but still worth considering

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Since Rich asked why I included Rice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,595

Re: The 

Post#83 » by HornetJail » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:25 pm

fatlever wrote:
fatlever wrote:Rice's tenure with Charlotte ended ugly. He faked an injury and refused to play to force a trade out of Charlotte to Lakers. At least we got Eddie Jones and Campbell in return.

Many of my old school Charlotte Hornet friends loathed Glen Rice with the passion of a thousand suns after that move.

Rice's exit was slightly before my time, so maybe this analogy is off, but if the Jazz forum did a Hall of Shame, would they include Deron Williams because of his messy exit, disregarding the years of elite play he gave them? I think not.

Rice owns the highest PPG average of any Hornet in their Charlotte career, and in any one season, and is probably the best wing player in team history. I think that's gotta count for something.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#84 » by Rich4114 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:26 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:Since we are apparently adding events or non events to this list, I motion to add Bernie refusing Portlands offer to trade 5 and 13 for 3 which we would’ve used on Chris Paul.

I definitely don’t remember that, I remember them wanting CP3 but Bernie blatantly said he valued quantity over quality. “We’ll get two good players no matter what”. Proceeds to draft the worst of the three PG’s and whiffs on Sean May with Granger right there.
Rich4114
RealGM

Re: The 

Post#85 » by Rich4114 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 pm

fatlever wrote:

Thanks for clarifying this. I was still kinda young then but I recall it getting pretty messy at the end. He had an elbow injury and I think strung it out longer once he went on the block. I was under the impression that was the team though and not really him. And The Great Bob Bass was once again able to parlay Rice into Eddie Jones before lucking into Baron Davis in 1999.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#86 » by BigSlam » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:30 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:

I definitely don’t remember that, I remember them wanting CP3 but Bernie blatantly said he valued quantity over quality. “We’ll get two good players no matter what”. Proceeds to draft the worst of the three PG’s and whiffs on Sean May with Granger right there.

I'm pretty sure the FO liked Williams more than Paul because they liked the "bigger PG".

Edit: Probably wanted to play him off ball with Knight PG :lol:
B B M F 'ers
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#87 » by Rich4114 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:51 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:
BigSlam wrote:From memory we were more interested in Deron Williams than we were Chris Paul?

I'm pretty sure the FO liked Williams more than Paul because they liked the "bigger PG".

Edit: Probably wanted to play him off ball with Knight PG :lol:

Lmao!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#88 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:05 pm

Essentially Rice sat out for half a season with his elbow injury and threatened surgery if he wasn't traded. The Hornets eventually caved and traded him to LA where he played immediately proving it wasn't that serious.

Not saying I would have voted for him, because he was awesome in his 3 seasons, just was putting it out there.

Rich4114
RealGM

Post#89 » by Rich4114 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:33 pm

fatlever wrote:Essentially Rice sat out for half a season with his elbow injury and threatened surgery if he wasn't traded. The Hornets eventually caved and traded him to LA where he played immediately proving it wasn't that serious.

Not saying I would have voted for him, because he was awesome in his 3 seasons, just was putting it out there.

I have blind love for G-Money so I’ll give this a pass. It’s too bad that team got broken up and I feel like two different Hornets eras got nuked by the MJ Bulls. Damn.

It’s crazy how we still have not had a better regular season team than those Rice/Mason/Divac teams.
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 368

Post#90 » by dmutombo321 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:55 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
fatlever wrote:Essentially Rice sat out for half a season with his elbow injury and threatened surgery if he wasn't traded. The Hornets eventually caved and traded him to LA where he played immediately proving it wasn't that serious.

I have blind love for G-Money so I’ll give this a pass. It’s too bad that team got broken up and I feel like two different Hornets eras got nuked by the MJ Bulls. Damn.

It’s crazy how we still have not had a better regular season team than those Rice/Mason/Divac teams.
I loved Rice too.

Bob Bass however, like he always did, worked his magic in parlaying Rice (who was exciting his prime and on the verge of showing signs of decline) into a phenomenal return (a younger fringe All star in Eddie Jones and high level starting center in Elder Campbell)...

If he were running this team now, he would be formulating Miles Bridges s&ts as we speak of it looked like he was going to command $30m+ to retain..

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#91 » by Rich4114 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:02 pm

dmutombo321 wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

I loved Rice too.

Bob Bass however, like he always did, worked his magic in parlaying Rice (who was exciting his prime and on the verge of showing signs of decline) into a phenomenal return (a younger fringe All star in Eddie Jones and high level starting center in Elder Campbell)...

If he were running this team now, he would be formulating Miles Bridges s&ts as we speak of it looked like he was going to command $30m+ to retain..

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app

Easily the best GM either of our franchises has ever had and it’s not even close. RIP Bob.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,220

Post#92 » by SWedd523 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:51 pm

So guys

Re-signing Cliff?

The entire 2022 month of June?
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,405

Post#93 » by JDR720 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:07 pm

Odds MJ would get voted in?
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,220

Post#94 » by SWedd523 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:30 pm

JDR720 wrote:Odds MJ would get voted in?

I said after the Batum stretch and Gordo sign that the team will never be successful with MJ at the helm.

I still stand by that
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#95 » by HornetJail » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:05 am

SWedd523 wrote:
JDR720 wrote:Odds MJ would get voted in?

I said after the Batum stretch and Gordo sign that the team will never be successful with MJ at the helm.

I still stand by that

that's been evident since the Frank Kaminsky draft
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 940

Post#96 » by Robot Rock » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:04 pm

SWedd523 wrote:The entire 2022 month of June?

Little did he know
Marino
Pro Prospect
And1: 166

Post#97 » by Marino » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:42 pm

Robot Rock wrote:
SWedd523 wrote:The entire 2022 month of June?

Little did he know

The scary thing is that their is still one day left in this horrid month.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#98 » by HornetJail » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:43 pm

We're going to max Cody Martin
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#99 » by fatlever » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:24 pm

If Miles is found guilty of this charge, he most definitely is getting nominated for BFHOS.

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,973

Post#100 » by Diop » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:05 am

fatlever wrote:If Miles is found guilty of this charge, he most definitely is getting nominated for BFHOS.

he's a sure thing now

Return to Charlotte Hornets