Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

FIRE MITCH! 

Post#1 » by fatlever » Thu Nov 9, 2023 9:53 pm

It's time
this deserves it's own thread
someone has to be held accountable for this mess

its been a while since i saw local fans this pissed off

front office needs a complete overhaul to get rid of all the trash jordan and mitch hired over the last 4 years
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Re: FIRE MITCH! 

Post#2 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Nov 9, 2023 10:58 pm

I want to be pleasantly surprised. Please, ownership guys, make me eat crow that you are content to change nothing this season because this is just another investment you hope to sell off and make money on.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,272

Post#3 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Nov 9, 2023 11:12 pm

So it begins....

Mitch drafts well (apart from 2021) but is awful at balancing his roster, finding creative/any trade opportunities and signing players in free agency.

His only big splashes have been Rozier and Hayward and the results of those acquisitions have been mixed at best.

He is very conservative and almost seems disengaged and phoning it in until retirement.

His messaging has also been passive and defeatist, blaming the small market for why we can never be successful.

He should go before Clifford.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,183

Post#4 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Nov 9, 2023 11:28 pm

Keep him until the draft lottery. He's gotten lucky twice there. Need it to happen a 3rd time.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 1,001

Post#5 » by wilson115 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:05 am

You're kidding. Mitch has been a GREAT GM ... for the Rockets.

KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,339

Post#6 » by KembaWalker » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:18 am

the purge of all these losers: Whitfield, Mitch, Cliff+entire staff, James+Larry Jordan, Buzz Peterson etc is not going to happen nearly as quickly as we want it to I fear. if it was, MJ wouldn't be hanging around. It's going to take years to shed all the nepotistic parasites off this organization. coming in and doing a massive purge is probably not the way for 2 already unremarkable ownership partners to ingratiate themselves in what im sure is a close knit NBA community. and its not like we have Steve Ballmer that can just hand blank checks to anyone he feels like. we'll forever be picking from the deformed runts of the litter
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#7 » by Rich4114 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:34 am

I had a huge paragraph typed up and then this page randomly refreshed and killed it all. Anyway Mitch sucks and yes, this thread was needed.

Also RealGM is a cesspool of spam and popup ads.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,183

Post#8 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:33 am

KembaWalker wrote:the purge of all these losers: Whitfield, Mitch, Cliff+entire staff, James+Larry Jordan, Buzz Peterson etc is not going to happen nearly as quickly as we want it to I fear. if it was, MJ wouldn't be hanging around. It's going to take years to shed all the nepotistic parasites off this organization. coming in and doing a massive purge is probably not the way for 2 already unremarkable ownership partners to ingratiate themselves in what im sure is a close knit NBA community. and its not like we have Steve Ballmer that can just hand blank checks to anyone he feels like. we'll forever be picking from the deformed runts of the litter

To be fair david tepper has unlimited money and he's ruining the panthers even more than they already were. I just want these new owners to commit to spending money and hire say a Elton brand or someone and let them do their job.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,973

Post#9 » by Diop » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:07 am

Rich4114 wrote:I had a huge paragraph typed up and then this page randomly refreshed and killed it all. Anyway Mitch sucks and yes, this thread was needed.

im sure you had good points in your paragraph, but this post made me giggle. :lol:
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#10 » by Rich4114 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:18 am

Diop wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:I had a huge paragraph typed up and then this page randomly refreshed and killed it all. Anyway Mitch sucks and yes, this thread was needed.

im sure you had good points in your paragraph, but this post made me giggle. :lol:

This has happened so many times to me, specifically on mobile. There’s gotta be better ways to pay the bills :lol:
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,559

Post#11 » by Bassman » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:23 am

Thanks for the thread. I’ve been sick of Mitch for years, since his lazy azz always seemed to be two steps behind every possible trade other than for precious second round picks. But his DISASTEROUS performance in the 2021 draft, followed by the outrageously bad trade away of our Duren pick was the last straw for me. The coach firing/hiring/losing fiasco he orchestrated was only trumped by his rehire of Clifford (who also needs to be fired ASAP). His “laid back” disengaged manner is a testimony to the pathetic guidance he’s brought to this team for too long.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#12 » by Diop » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:26 am

my only defense to Mitch is didnt he say he wanted to retire but he was nagged into staying?

Cho at least would have made little trades to fill holes.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,559

Post#13 » by Bassman » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:37 am

Diop wrote:my only defense to Mitch is didnt he say he wanted to retire but he was nagged into staying?

Cho was awful. What’s he doing since leaving…..selling cookies?

I thought Mitch was at least a qualified hire. He’s proven to be nothing but a floater. That’s my term I coined for business…describes employees who try to look like they’re swimming hard but are really just floating on the surface, letting the pitch of the waves give the appearance of work.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,220

Post#14 » by SWedd523 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:39 am

Rich4114 wrote:
Diop wrote:

This has happened so many times to me, specifically on mobile. There’s gotta be better ways to pay the bills :lol:

brave browser on Mobile (Android) and the standard adblockers on PC have kept all the trash to a minimum
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:06 am

It's so bad! On a browser with adblocks, sure. But a tablet or phone, what happened? Definitely a lurer frustration I suffered for years. My favorite comic book news site, same thing. Bad time to be old.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:08 am

SWedd523 wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:
Diop wrote:im sure you had good points in your paragraph, but this post made me giggle. :lol:

brave browser on Mobile (Android) and the standard adblockers on PC have kept all the trash to a minimum

I'll give this a shot on mobile, Safari is usually fine except here and bleeding cool.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#17 » by Diop » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:09 am

Bassman wrote:
Diop wrote:my only defense to Mitch is didnt he say he wanted to retire but he was nagged into staying?

I thought Mitch was at least a qualified hire. He’s proven to be nothing but a floater. That’s my term I coined for business…describes employees who try to look like they’re swimming hard but are really just floating on the surface, letting the pitch of the waves give the appearance of work.

Cho has been working for the Grizzlies since 2019 as VP of Basketball Strategy
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:14 am

Bassman wrote:

"VP of basketball strategy" for the Grizzlies was the last job according to rgm.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:16 am

It's the most horncats thing ever that the many seasons gm is someone else's assistant to "basketball strategy""
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:20 am

I feel like to properly make fun of it you have to have Norm Macdonald making fun of how dumb it all sounds. "Vice President of BASKETBALL STRATEGY" And he'd do the finger quotes and big facial expression

Return to Charlotte Hornets