Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,084

Re: Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less. 

Post#201 » by NZB2323 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:PG is my favorite player and I'm telling you he doesn't put the Lakers over the top. Just another aging body. People have to stop acting like LeBron is in his prime. The man is literally going to be 40 next season. They need another young superstar who is still in his prime not leaving their prime like PG.

If PG is smart he simply signs with Orlando. Banchero is looking scary and he just might be the beast in the East. The path to the Finals is much easier in the East.

Be a 3rd option for a Banchero/Wagner. They will get him closer to a championship than a aging LeBron and AD would.

Did I just read that a big 3 of Banchero/Wagner/PG would be a better contender than LeBron/AD/PG??

Please don't reply because that's just insanity honestly
Honestly I have nothing to say after that

Bro the Lakers championship run is over. Y'all been retooling around LeBron and AD for 4 years now. Father time is undefeated.

LeBron can't be your best player on a championship team.

Are the Orlando Magic on a championship run? Can Banchero be the best player on a championship team?

PG13 is from LA, grew up rooting for Kobe, and I believe would prefer to play with the Lakers over the Magic.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Re: Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less. 

Post#202 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:34 am

NZB2323 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Did I just read that a big 3 of Banchero/Wagner/PG would be a better contender than LeBron/AD/PG??

Bro the Lakers championship run is over. Y'all been retooling around LeBron and AD for 4 years now. Father time is undefeated.

Are the Orlando Magic on a championship run? Can Banchero be the best player on a championship team?

PG13 is from LA, grew up rooting for Kobe, and I believe would prefer to play with the Lakers over the Magic.
Exactly lol there's no way PG will ever Play in Orlando
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,054

Post#203 » by Sofia » Sat May 11, 2024 10:41 am

CD_41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Just to be clear we have a deal?
Right :)

Sure.

But you know you will never pay up even it happens. :D

Please make this as official as it gets. Or he will pull an Hussien Fatal on you, haha.

Coward Fatal
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#204 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:43 am

Sofia wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Sure.

But you know you will never pay up even it happens. :D

Please make this as official as it gets. Or he will pull an Hussien Fatal on you, haha.

Coward Fatal

Who's that
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,823

Post#205 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 12:00 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

PG13 was a FA and had a chance to join the Lakers. Why did he turn down his childhood team and a chance to play with LeBron?

And yes Banchero is much closer to being the best player on a championship team than a 40yr old LeBron. Also he gives PG a much longer window at competing for a championship as his team is much younger and the East is much weaker than the West.

Do you understand teams like Memphis are going to be loaded next year. Then you got Denver/Minny/OKC/Dallas you aren't beating those teams with oldheads. :lol:
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,497

Re: Shams: Paul George appears headed for a Clippers exit. 

Post#206 » by Karmaloop » Sat May 11, 2024 12:05 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. It means that he’s going to use other teams to secure a max deal from the Clippers.

As he should. The Clippers can't afford to let him walk.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,054

Post#207 » by Sofia » Sat May 11, 2024 1:08 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Sofia wrote:
CD_41 wrote:

Coward Fatal

Who's that

Coward poster who made a signature bet with another poster and didn’t follow through. He didn’t even ghost the board, it was just “nah I’m a bitch and not doing it”, or something like that
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,119

Post#208 » by Exp0sed » Sat May 11, 2024 9:01 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:P

I guess I understand the hesitation, but it doesn't seem like it would take long to look at their options and go ahead and pull the trigger. They wouldn't get equal value in a sign and trade, they definitely don't want to tank, and PG isn't showing signs that he's going to be an albatross contract if they do sign him. Admittedly, it's a risk, but it appears to be better than the alternative of getting worse right now. They can get worse when they have their own picks again.

I agree with you on everything tbh. they can't get equal value, they don't want to tank because it's Balmer, L.A and the new arena
PG is skilled and smart, there's no reason to think he won't be effective at 36-37 meaning he likely won't become an albatross contract. I also think he's a great vet to have around, so he has value for the team and the franchise even if he declines faster than anticipated. I just pointed out that it's by no means a no brainer, especially considering his durability

with that said, the Clippers are pretty much all-in and no way out so i'm guessing he'll end up getting what he's asking for
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,360

Post#209 » by Jedi32 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:08 am

nzahir wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Either go back to the Pacers or Lakers

No thanks

You are a crazy person if you wouldn't want PG on the Lakers lol

I didn't say a person wouldn't, I as a fan do NOT. It's simple.

Return to The General Board