Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,165

Re: Shams: Paul George appears headed for a Clippers exit. 

Post#161 » by DelAbbot » Fri May 10, 2024 4:17 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:Seems to me that Paul's agent has been negotiating in good faith with the Clippers for a good while now. Unsuccessfully.

So, now comes the bad faith part of negotiations. Where you leak rumors and have your client say things designed to move the Clippers position. I think the Clippers will eventually cave. Maybe being able to have a partial guarantee or something on the final year. Some small concession by Paul to get this across the finish line. But, I think it's going to get ugly first, and the Clippers may have been better off just caving early before things became public and ugly.

It may be stupid money, but there will be other teams lining up to be stupid.

If the Clippers are smart… they call Kawhi’s bluff and piss him off by letting PG walk. Then Kawhi will willingly take a trade possibly.

Kawhi has had the entire Clippers organization in a cuckhold since day 1 - especially with that forced SGA trade. I'm glad we didn't keep him and his bummed knee crippling our franchise for an entire decade.

Kawhi screwed your Clippers fandom for the past 5 years. I wouldn't blame you for wanting him gone.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 986

Re: Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less. 

Post#162 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:25 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:No thanks

You are a crazy person if you wouldn't want PG on the Lakers lol

PG is my favorite player and I'm telling you he doesn't put the Lakers over the top. Just another aging body. People have to stop acting like LeBron is in his prime. The man is literally going to be 40 next season. They need another young superstar who is still in his prime not leaving their prime like PG.

If PG is smart he simply signs with Orlando. Banchero is looking scary and he just might be the beast in the East. The path to the Finals is much easier in the East.

Be a 3rd option for a Banchero/Wagner. They will get him closer to a championship than a aging LeBron and AD would.

Did I just read that a big 3 of Banchero/Wagner/PG would be a better contender than LeBron/AD/PG??

Please don't reply because that's just insanity honestly
Honestly I have nothing to say after that
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#163 » by flow » Fri May 10, 2024 4:27 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:Seems to me that Paul's agent has been negotiating in good faith with the Clippers for a good while now. Unsuccessfully.

So, now comes the bad faith part of negotiations. Where you leak rumors and have your client say things designed to move the Clippers position. I think the Clippers will eventually cave. Maybe being able to have a partial guarantee or something on the final year. Some small concession by Paul to get this across the finish line. But, I think it's going to get ugly first, and the Clippers may have been better off just caving early before things became public and ugly.

It may be stupid money, but there will be other teams lining up to be stupid.

If the Clippers are smart… they call Kawhi’s bluff and piss him off by letting PG walk. Then Kawhi will willingly take a trade possibly.

Kawhi has had the entire Clippers organization in a cuckhold since day 1 - especially with that forced SGA trade. I'm glad we didn't keep him and his bummed knee crippling our franchise for an entire decade.

Kawhi screwed your Clippers fandom for the past 5 years. I wouldn't blame you for wanting him gone.

Very true. If Kawhi simply agrees to sign without the Paul George mandate in 2019, the Clippers are set up for a championship run, imo. He's the worst player-GM in nba history. And that's saying something.

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,873

Re: Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less. 

Post#164 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 4:36 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
nzahir wrote:You are a crazy person if you wouldn't want PG on the Lakers lol

PG is my favorite player and I'm telling you he doesn't put the Lakers over the top. Just another aging body. People have to stop acting like LeBron is in his prime. The man is literally going to be 40 next season. They need another young superstar who is still in his prime not leaving their prime like PG.

If PG is smart he simply signs with Orlando. Banchero is looking scary and he just might be the beast in the East. The path to the Finals is much easier in the East.

Be a 3rd option for a Banchero/Wagner. They will get him closer to a championship than a aging LeBron and AD would.

Did I just read that a big 3 of Banchero/Wagner/PG would be a better contender than LeBron/AD/PG??

Bro the Lakers championship run is over. Y'all been retooling around LeBron and AD for 4 years now. Father time is undefeated.

LeBron can't be your best player on a championship team.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,684

Post#165 » by GeorgeSears » Fri May 10, 2024 4:37 pm

He'll accept a lesser offer because he wants to live in LA and cares more about comfort than winning. Same with Kawhi. This team is toast.
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#166 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:45 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:PG is my favorite player and I'm telling you he doesn't put the Lakers over the top. Just another aging body. People have to stop acting like LeBron is in his prime. The man is literally going to be 40 next season. They need another young superstar who is still in his prime not leaving their prime like PG.

Bro the Lakers championship run is over. Y'all been retooling around LeBron and AD for 4 years now. Father time is undefeated.

I bet you $500 Lakers win it next season
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#167 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 4:49 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

I bet you $500 I will laugh when they don't win it all. :lol:
Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 500

Post#168 » by Stribor » Fri May 10, 2024 4:51 pm

SA, Houston, and Orlando could benefit from him a lot. All others that could have space for him, will only get an alibi.
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#169 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bro the Lakers championship run is over. Y'all been retooling around LeBron and AD for 4 years now. Father time is undefeated.

Just to be clear we have a deal?
Right :)
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#170 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 4:57 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Sure.

But you know you will never pay up even it happens. :D
CD_41
Junior
And1: 417

Post#171 » by CD_41 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:I bet you $500 I will laugh when they don't win it all. :lol:

Sure.

Please make this as official as it gets. Or he will pull an Hussien Fatal on you, haha.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#172 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:14 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:I bet you $500 I will laugh when they don't win it all. :lol:

Sure.

I will definitely pay if not I'll get off this board
Just hope you don't change your mind and complain after the Lakers land that 3rd star in the off season
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,654

Post#173 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 pm

I mean maybe Philly gives it to him, but it's not 100% up to PG whether he gets a max deal.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,768

Post#174 » by ryguy613 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:56 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I mean maybe Philly gives it to him, but it's not 100% up to PG whether he gets a max deal.

you dont believe Philly will offer him the max?
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,768

Post#175 » by ryguy613 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:00 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Sure.

Just hope you don't change your mind and complain after the Lakers land that 3rd star in the off season

who is the third star you think the lakers will be able to get? Trae?
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,392

Post#176 » by Godymas » Fri May 10, 2024 6:03 pm

PG should make a return to OKC

him and WB both

it would be hilarious to consider that the Clippers traded so much to get PG13 from OKC only for him to return there as a FA

otherwise a Pacers reunion would be nice. He'd fit perfectly next to Siakam and Haliburton.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,654

Post#177 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:07 pm

ryguy613 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I mean maybe Philly gives it to him, but it's not 100% up to PG whether he gets a max deal.

you dont believe Philly will offer him the max?

Whether it's Butler, Harden, or PG, I think if the team they're presently has enough reservations about giving that aging player a max contract, that won't do it, that should inform your decision.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#178 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:18 pm

ryguy613 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Sure.

who is the third star you think the lakers will be able to get? Trae?

Mitchell/Lauri/PG/Butler
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#179 » by JKiddy » Fri May 10, 2024 6:55 pm

mademan wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
mademan wrote:
In what world is Paul George walking better for LA then paying him and trading him in 6 months? He should just do what he did with OKC. Take a 4 year contract with LAC with max raises with the understanding that he'll be gone by the TDL. He gets his money, they get some value

If he takes a max from the Clippers, they're not going to get that much back for him at the deadline... He'll have like a half year left of quality play at most.

We saw a team trade a chit ton for a 36 year old KD just a season ago. We saw a team trade an expiring + multiple unprotected swaps for the worst contract in the league in Beal. Stars are respected in this league. PG may not get a ton, but he'll return positive value, which is all that matters. Letting him walk makes no sense, especially with how far down the rabbit hole Balmer has already gone. Picking now to penny pinch would be dumb

Durant was 34 when he was traded still playing at an MVP level. It was understood he likely had 3 elite seasons left in his tank. He just wasted one of them in PHX.

PG is the same age but about two tiers lower than KD as KD is a top 10 player of all time.

Needless to say, this is going to get interesting. If LAC holds off for one season before the inevitable rebuild this will be very interesting as they can rebuild very quickly with some of the assets they have.

Which teams would want the end of the career guys is the question? MIA? NYK? GS? HOU?
IMF
Junior
And1: 771

Post#180 » by IMF » Fri May 10, 2024 7:28 pm

LaLover11 wrote:Pacers should find a way to get Paul George

As a Pacer fan I’ve been back and forth on this idea. It would have to be a sign and trade and It would HAVE to be a three year deal. He could mentor Jarace Walker who would be ready to get paid and take a bigger role when PG contract expires.

I also just would not be willing to give up much value at all. Maybe Nesmith and s/t guys like Toppin and Jalen Smith to match contracts, and the 2028 pick. ABSOLUTELY NOT Mathurin or Walker, I don’t even wanna give up Nembhard or Sheppard. If we have to completely gut our depth it’s not worth it. He’s too old and will cost too much and we need guys if he ends up hurt.

Might be better for LA to take that deal than lose him for nothing to Philly or Orlando. At least get some quality role player guys and a 1st.
djsunyc wrote:tj mcconnell....the michael jordan of jj barea's.

Return to The General Board