Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 916

Re: Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less. 

Post#181 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 pm

IMF wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Pacers should find a way to get Paul George

As a Pacer fan I’ve been back and forth on this idea. It would have to be a sign and trade and It would HAVE to be a three year deal. He could mentor Jarace Walker who would be ready to get paid and take a bigger role when PG contract expires.

I also just would not be willing to give up much value at all. Maybe Nesmith and s/t guys like Toppin and Jalen Smith to match contracts, and the 2028 pick. ABSOLUTELY NOT Mathurin or Walker, I don’t even wanna give up Nembhard or Sheppard. If we have to completely gut our depth it’s not worth it. He’s too old and will cost too much and we need guys if he ends up hurt.

Might be better for LA to take that deal than lose him for nothing to Philly or Orlando. At least get some quality role player guys and a 1st.

Pacers would beat this version of the Knicks with PG on the team right now.

I'm sure he would love to atleast make the ECF with his original team vs losing in the 1st round in the West
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
IMF
Junior
And1: 770

Re: Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less. 

Post#182 » by IMF » Fri May 10, 2024 7:35 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
IMF wrote:

As a Pacer fan I’ve been back and forth on this idea. It would have to be a sign and trade and It would HAVE to be a three year deal. He could mentor Jarace Walker who would be ready to get paid and take a bigger role when PG contract expires.

I also just would not be willing to give up much value at all. Maybe Nesmith and s/t guys like Toppin and Jalen Smith to match contracts, and the 2028 pick. ABSOLUTELY NOT Mathurin or Walker, I don’t even wanna give up Nembhard or Sheppard. If we have to completely gut our depth it’s not worth it. He’s too old and will cost too much and we need guys if he ends up hurt.

Might be better for LA to take that deal than lose him for nothing to Philly or Orlando. At least get some quality role player guys and a 1st.

I'm sure he would love to atleast make the ECF with his original team vs losing in the 1st round in the West

Gun to my head offers on the table and they want both the 2028 and 2030 pick maybe you pull the trigger. Value is iffy at that point but like you’re saying it might be worth the gamble.
djsunyc wrote:tj mcconnell....the michael jordan of jj barea's.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,778

Post#183 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 7:37 pm

Denver might be a sleeper. His best friend is Reggie Jackson if I'm not mistaken.

PG for MPJ sign n trade?
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#184 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:42 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Denver might be a sleeper. His best friend is Reggie Jackson if I'm not mistaken.

PG for MPJ sign n trade?

Denver needs to trade Murray for Trae/Mitchell
That alone would help them be a lot more consistent

MPJ unfortunately is currently already better then current PG
Denver is keeping MPJ until he falls off like current Klay
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#185 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 7:45 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Denver might be a sleeper. His best friend is Reggie Jackson if I'm not mistaken.

PG for MPJ sign n trade?

Man you and I disagree on a lot of things. :lol:

So current MPJ is better than current PG?

I'm not sure bro MPJ is basically a one trick pony. Sure he's younger, but PG is a more well rounded player even at his age.
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#186 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:48 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

PG for MPJ sign n trade?

Man you and I disagree on a lot of things. :lol:

So current MPJ is better than current PG?

I'm not sure bro MPJ is basically a one trick pony. Sure he's younger, but PG is a more well rounded player even at his age.

That's a tough one but yes I honestly think Current MPJ is slightly better than 2024 Paul George

Make a thread and poll and let's see what happens :)
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,673

Post#187 » by GeorgeSears » Fri May 10, 2024 10:07 pm

The ideal fit is in Sacramento or San Antonio. You add CP3 and PG with Wemby and the Spurs are a playoff team next year.

PG is also good enough to take the Kings to the next level.

However, my guess is he opts for comfort (LA) and retires there.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#188 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri May 10, 2024 10:33 pm

PG for MPJ sign n trade?

I don't think the Clippers can do a sign and trade due to their cap situation.

Of course the irony of your proposed trade is that the Clippers could have and should have drafted MPJ instead of Jerome Robinson- who is now out of the NBA
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,872

Post#189 » by One_and_Done » Fri May 10, 2024 11:31 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

PG for MPJ sign n trade?

I don't think the Clippers can do a sign and trade due to their cap situation.

Of course the irony of your proposed trade is that the Clippers could have and should have drafted MPJ instead of Jerome Robinson- who is now out of the NBA

The front office clearly wanted to, that's well documented, but couldn't because he was red flagged by their doctors. Medical science isn't 100%, but you can see from his career why they were concerned about him medically. They guy they picked instead was trash of course.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,776

Post#190 » by nzahir » Sat May 11, 2024 2:19 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:PG is my favorite player and I'm telling you he doesn't put the Lakers over the top. Just another aging body. People have to stop acting like LeBron is in his prime. The man is literally going to be 40 next season. They need another young superstar who is still in his prime not leaving their prime like PG.

If PG is smart he simply signs with Orlando. Banchero is looking scary and he just might be the beast in the East. The path to the Finals is much easier in the East.

Be a 3rd option for a Banchero/Wagner. They will get him closer to a championship than a aging LeBron and AD would.

Did I just read that a big 3 of Banchero/Wagner/PG would be a better contender than LeBron/AD/PG??

Please don't reply because that's just insanity honestly
Honestly I have nothing to say after that

Bro the Lakers championship run is over. Y'all been retooling around LeBron and AD for 4 years now. Father time is undefeated.

LeBron can't be your best player on a championship team.

Why not?

He cant be a guy who can carry teams like 2018 or 2007, but hes a better playoff guy than Tatum is

We just need a good team

We were dominating Denver for 2/3 of the time with Dlo choking AGAIN

Reaves not really playing too well offensively till later

Missing our best wing defender in Vando

Vincent being horrific this year due to missing almost the whole season and didn't look right

The team needs to be upgraded

We have 3 1sts, 3 swaps, and guys like Reaves, Rui, and some decent contracts
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#191 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 2:29 am

nzahir wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Did I just read that a big 3 of Banchero/Wagner/PG would be a better contender than LeBron/AD/PG??

Please don't reply because that's just insanity honestly
Honestly I have nothing to say after that

Bro the Lakers championship run is over. Y'all been retooling around LeBron and AD for 4 years now. Father time is undefeated.

Why not?

He cant be a guy who can carry teams like 2018 or 2007, but hes a better playoff guy than Tatum is

We just need a good team

Vincent being horrific this year due to missing almost the whole season and didn't look right

It's been 4 years you haven't done it.

Y'all make the same excuse every season. You are crazy if you think a 40yr old LeBron can be your best player and win a championship. This is coming from one of his biggest fans.

LeBron is still great, but his impact is not the same as prime LeBron not even close!
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,522

Post#192 » by Michael Lucky » Sat May 11, 2024 2:36 am

Problem is since the clips give up so many draft picks they are sort of stuck with PG since rebuilding isn't really possible atm
nzahir
RealGM

Post#193 » by nzahir » Sat May 11, 2024 3:19 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
nzahir wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bro the Lakers championship run is over. Y'all been retooling around LeBron and AD for 4 years now. Father time is undefeated.

Why not?

We just need a good team

Y'all make the same excuse every season. You are crazy if you think a 40yr old LeBron can be your best player and win a championship. This is coming from one of his biggest fans.

LeBron is still great, but his impact is not the same as prime LeBron not even close!

Buddy we were just in the WCF the other year

We were likely the 2nd best team last year for the last few months

Lebron was clearly hampered in the playoffs when you compare how we looked this reg season and playoffs

In the 21 playoffs we had a hurt Lebron thanks to Solomon Hill and AD went out for the series after we were up 2-1. Could have made the finals easily

Then we ruined the core and went and got Russ, wasted a whole year in 22. On top of AD and Bron missing time

Made the WCF in 23 after moving Russ at the deadline

Blew the series to Denver this year, but took 2 game winners and thats with a below avg crew

How is Boston the #1 seed with Tatum? Still haven't answered that

Imagine we trade Reaves, Rui, 3 1sts, and 2 swaps for Mitchell. Say we then do Vincent and JHS for a 3 and d guy like DFS? Dlo re signs. Sign GTJ for the mle? (or a C?)

Mitchell, GTJ, DFS, Bron, AD
Dlo, Christie, Prince?, DFS, Wood

That team isnt good?

If Dlo walks, I can see us going after cp3 for the mle or vet min as well
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,215

Post#194 » by Laimbeer » Sat May 11, 2024 3:43 am

Everyone is burying Kawhi, but he played in 68 games and is still a top ten player. He's locked in through age 35, not ideal but not unreasonable. After all the chips were pushed to the middle on these two they might as well extend George a similar span (through age 36). When those deals expire they'd be past the run of traded picks. Harden expiring this summer may give them some flexibility to improve themselves. For much the season they were thought to have a chance to go a long way in the playoffs.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#195 » by WentzerWuver » Sat May 11, 2024 3:43 am

mademan wrote:
Hans1984 wrote:He's not worth the max anymore.

....to the clippers. He's worth the max to the Sixers, who have a small window of opportunity to put a max contract beside Embiid/Maxey, play in a weak East and only have about 3-4 or so years of contention with Embiid left. Even if PG is overpaid, Philly only has this once chance to get a really good player for only cap space
Nope. The only player my Sixers would offer a super max to is Mikal Bridges and then use him to bring aboard his former college teammates to create the Villanova connection!
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#196 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 3:51 am

nzahir wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
nzahir wrote:Why not?

We just need a good team

Lebron was clearly hampered in the playoffs when you compare how we looked this reg season and playoffs

In the 21 playoffs we had a hurt Lebron thanks to Solomon Hill and AD went out for the series after we were up 2-1. Could have made the finals easily

Then we ruined the core and went and got Russ, wasted a whole year in 22. On top of AD and Bron missing time

Blew the series to Denver this year, but took 2 game winners and thats with a below avg crew

Imagine we trade Reaves, Rui, 3 1sts, and 2 swaps for Mitchell. Say we then do Vincent and JHS for a 3 and d guy like DFS? Dlo re signs. Sign GTJ for the mle? (or a C?)

That team isnt good?

Buddy you got swept!

Oh and signing another aging pg in CP3 is not gonna scare anybody. You keep adding old players that didn't work. You added young players that didn't work. Maybe one day reality will hit Lakers fans that the Lebron/AD duo is no longer capable of winning a championship.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#197 » by nzahir » Sat May 11, 2024 4:26 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
nzahir wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:It's been 4 years you haven't done it.

That team isnt good?

Buddy you got swept!

Oh and signing another aging pg in CP3 is not gonna scare anybody. You keep adding old players that didn't work. You added young players that didn't work. Maybe one day reality will hit Lakers fans that the Lebron/AD duo is no longer capable of winning a championship.

3 games came down to 1-2 plays each and we beat the previous champs in GS

Who else was even better last year besides Denver?

Now swap Reaves for Donovan Mitchell and get a C who can play alongside AD like what Minny is doing (Wood can maybe be that guy, but got hurt, but can also use 1 more)

Not many duos better than Bron and AD

The rest of the roster can use more help
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#198 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat May 11, 2024 4:31 am

Cleveland wouldn’t trade Mitchell for Reaves
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#199 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 4:33 am

nzahir wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
nzahir wrote:Buddy we were just in the WCF the other year

That team isnt good?

Buddy you got swept!

3 games came down to 1-2 plays each and we beat the previous champs in GS

Who else was even better last year besides Denver?

Now swap Reaves for Donovan Mitchell and get a C who can play alongside AD like what Minny is doing (Wood can maybe be that guy, but got hurt, but can also use 1 more)

Not many duos better than Bron and AD

The rest of the roster can use more help

If you get DMitch then that changes everything. He's in his prime and is a good fit and would likely be the #1 scoring option.

I'm just saying if you can't get that caliber player the Lakers have no shot at contending.
SweaterBae
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,240

Post#200 » by SweaterBae » Sat May 11, 2024 4:45 am

LaLover11 wrote:
IMF wrote:

So the Pacers with PG13 would beat a Knicks team missing 2 starters and 2 main rotational players. Quite the take!

Return to The General Board