Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,037

Re: Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG 

Post#21 » by Snakebites » Wed May 8, 2024 10:00 pm

Airmiess wrote:Did this guy get blackballed out the league or he just fell off ?

He wasn’t good.

He was never good. Analytics proved it.

That’s certainly not how he’d tell it though.
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,335

Re: Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG 

Post#22 » by Walmart » Wed May 8, 2024 10:01 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Paul George takes an ton of unnecessary crap. PG isn't a player who having him on your team makes you a championship contender.

Wrong. Best player on multiple teams that led them to conference finals multiple times. I know he's 34, but you've got a 1-2 year window someone could sign him over the summer and be a championship contender including the Sixers.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 911

Post#23 » by Roy T » Wed May 8, 2024 10:04 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:PG is arguably the mentally weakest player in the NBA.

Did Kevin Durant retire?
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,853

Post#24 » by Clav » Wed May 8, 2024 10:08 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:Evan Turner sure loves to yap for a bust that was out of the NBA by age 31

True. But it's still entertaining. Kinda like when Kwane Brown went on a trash talking spree a few years ago

Its kind of weird because they were in the same draft class. Turner was not as good as PG, is already out of the league/isn't on the court, and has had even less Playoff success than PG.... Just pettiness honestly.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,090

Post#25 » by joedumars1 » Wed May 8, 2024 10:08 pm

Weird, I never thought pg
Came across like that. Didn’t he make like 5-7 3s in the game 5 elimation vs Dallas? Wasn’t he a killer in his first or second playoff year with Indy beofre the crazy team USA injury? Yeah I don’t get what turner saying, but he a x player I’m not
Lol
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#26 » by OfficialRef » Wed May 8, 2024 10:17 pm

Bornstellar wrote:Evan Turner sure loves to yap for a bust that was out of the NBA by age 31

Dude never showed this type of energy when he was in the league. At least guys like Draymond, Barnes Jackson did what they needed to on the court. Turner is hiding behind a screen. Soft.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,965

Post#27 » by Quattro » Wed May 8, 2024 10:29 pm

He accomplished his mission...there's a thread on the front page with "Evan Turner" in the title
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,052

Post#28 » by SweetTouch » Wed May 8, 2024 10:35 pm

PG is that dude who has never said he’s a number 1 option and was never thought out to be that good

He was destined to a lock down defender who was able to become a good offensive player

I don’t believe he’s ever said he wants to or could lead a team . He seems like he wants to be your third option

He needs to come home to the right team
Stop being so disrespectful.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,052

Post#29 » by SweetTouch » Wed May 8, 2024 10:36 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:LOL, I can't even remember when Evan Turner played on the same team with Paul George or even on which team this happened, that's how much of a flop he was.

I think that was when Barkley said Turner was the missing piece and Pacers would beat the Heatles
Stop being so disrespectful.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,158

Post#30 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 8, 2024 10:40 pm

Walmart wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Paul George takes an ton of unnecessary crap. PG isn't a player who having him on your team makes you a championship contender.

Wrong. Best player on multiple teams that led them to conference finals multiple times. I know he's 34, but you've got a 1-2 year window someone could sign him over the summer and be a championship contender including the Sixers.

I think you misunderstand me. I mean he's not Lebron or Duncan where you are a contender because you have him. He needs more help. I have no qualms about him being a key piece on a contender.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,275

Post#31 » by Nuntius » Wed May 8, 2024 10:52 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:LOL, I can't even remember when Evan Turner played on the same team with Paul George or even on which team this happened, that's how much of a flop he was.

2013-2014. We traded Danny Granger (post-injury) for him. It was the worst trade in the history of the franchise. Danny Granger was still a veteran leader in the locker room and the whole team looked up to him. Evan Turner was an **** who got into a fistfight with Lance Stephenson in practice. So, yeah. I would take what he's saying with a huge grain of salt.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,434

Post#32 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed May 8, 2024 11:00 pm

They lost me at Melo can still play.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,111

Post#33 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 8, 2024 11:11 pm

I don't listen to a single former or current player podcast. They all seem to be competing for the same audience that loves a good trolling.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,359

Post#34 » by picc » Wed May 8, 2024 11:53 pm

Why is Turner not allowed to talk about NBA stuff, but we realgm'ers who have never played an NBA game in our lives are?

What makes our constant, daily, civilian thoughts and opinions more qualified or appropriate than his?

If he was an accountant who never stepped foot on a NBA floor, would he be allowed to share opinions then?
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,125

Post#35 » by sp6r=underrated » Thu May 9, 2024 12:01 am

I agree with you on Turner. He was trash player. But I disagree with your diss about age 31. Making to your 30s in the NBA is a real accomplishment. The thing with Turner is he didn't deserve it. He sucked and probably should have been out of the association after his rookie deal.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,125

Post#36 » by sp6r=underrated » Thu May 9, 2024 12:03 am

Snakebites wrote:
Airmiess wrote:Did this guy get blackballed out the league or he just fell off ?

He wasn’t good.

He was never good. Analytics proved it.

That’s certainly not how he’d tell it though.

Even in 1987 a player with his profile would have been known to suck. The main thing keeping him in the NBA was being a 2nd pick. If he had been a 26th pick he would have been gone at 24
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,378

Post#37 » by canada_dry » Thu May 9, 2024 12:05 am

Pairing mentally soft embiid with mentally soft co stars will continue. All hail morey

Simmons.

Harden.

Now paul George.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,497

Post#38 » by doogie_hauser » Thu May 9, 2024 12:21 am

Maybe, but he is definitely correct in this instance.

I find his brutal honesty refreshing.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,520

Post#39 » by Snotbubbles » Thu May 9, 2024 12:30 am

Walmart wrote:

Seriously, PG as the third option for the Sixers would be pretty good for them for a season or two. Adding Kelly Oubre did wonders for the Sixers, adding a legit wing scorer might be the the catalyst the Sixers need.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#40 » by meekrab » Thu May 9, 2024 12:50 am

He was PG's backup for like 3 months in 2014. :lol:

Return to The General Board