Game Thread 1/27/08 Sunday

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

MT1983
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#261 » by MT1983 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:57 pm

B-Scott wrote:The difference between Lebron and Kobe is no longer defense. I think Lebron is just as good if not a better defender.

He's able to blow right by Kobe when he wants,and on the defensive end forces Kobe in to touch jumpers.

Kobe cant get by Lebron

LOL. I love the new and improved B-Scott. He used to annoy the hell outta me. I love the guy now.
It took 10 frickin' years, but we've finally got a legitimate franchise player to lead us back to the top.
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#262 » by YiYaoYue » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:57 pm

So they say utah and houston will make playoffs... after this display lakers will probably fall off and portland was playing above their level so they will probably fall off... anyone else think this will be the case?
Sasha Vujacic = The Phail Machine = The Ring Blocker

Trade Sasha before he ruins the Lakers next season.
Cavsfan4lyfe
Rookie

Post#263 » by Cavsfan4lyfe » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:00 am

I honestly did not see where the foul was on the last play. Where was it - on Kobe's shot, or after he got the rebound?

JVG is the best commentator out there right now. Marc Jackson still annoys me.
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#264 » by B-Scott » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:01 am

Deuce33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ok thats it, I think I speak for the lakers fanbase and everybody on RealGM... STFU

You can't handle the truth

Bron blew by Kobe for layups

Kobe goes threw his legs 20 times against Lebron and is going absolutely nowhere.

There is a big difference in explosivness between the two
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#265 » by dingclancy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:02 am

No... Lakers still have the firepower to play above .500 (unless it goes really bad) and by the time we have Bynum back we can still get 53 wins.

Kobe really had a tough assignment there without Bynum and Ariza. I think both coaches should realize that it does not matter if Kobe is guarding Lebron or if Lebron is guarding Kobe... Double double double.
David Robinson
Inactive user
Inactive user
Location: Mr. Robinson's neighborhood. MY SPURS > YOUR INFERIOR SQUAD !!

Post#266 » by David Robinson » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:03 am

I was a little disappointed that LeBron took the challenge to guard Kobe the entire 4th, and he had 4 fouls on him.

Yet Kobe (with only 1 foul) didn't guard LeBron for most of that 4th.

-- # 50 The Admiral David Robinson
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#267 » by ChocolateThundr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:03 am

B-Scott wrote:The difference between Lebron and Kobe is no longer defense. I think Lebron is just as good if not a better defender.

He's able to blow right by Kobe when he wants,and on the defensive end forces Kobe in to touch jumpers.

Kobe cant get by Lebron

Well, one is 6' 8'' and 240lbs and the other is a questionable 6'6'' and 200 lbs. I would expect the 200lb player to have some trouble on both ends of the floor with a just as fast/quick 6'8'' 240lbs player who has as good as if not better athleticism than the 6'6'' player.

The fact is; Kobe scored the way he scores every game today so dont get your panties in a bunch just because those shots didnt go in.

Your comparison is like saying because Carmelo has trouble on both ends of the floor playing against someone like D Howard because Howard would block many shots and have ease scoring against Melo, so Howard>Melo

(Yes howard is better than Melo but not because of the reasosn above)
CandyX
Junior

Post#268 » by CandyX » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:03 am

B-Scott wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kobe goes threw his legs 20 times against Lebron and is going absolutely nowhere.

Seeing how GOAT Lamar was guarding him most of the game.. lets see you critic his play.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,975

Post#269 » by INKtastic » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:04 am

absolutely. That's the 5th time in a row that a Lakers/Cavs game came down to who was more clutch down the stretch. The Cavs won all 5.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
B-Scott
Head Coach

Post#270 » by B-Scott » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:08 am

CandyX wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Seeing how GOAT Lamar was guarding him most of the game.. lets see you critic his play.

Lebron is supposed to dominate Lamar. How does that make Lamar a bad player?

But when the both guarded each other when it mattered the most,Lebron locked Kobe up once again and on Offense blew by him for a layup to go up by 1 and hit the jumper over him to go up by 3.

Just give Props to Lebron.
KDRE
Lead Assistant
And1: 86

Post#271 » by KDRE » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:12 am

Lebron is supposed to dominate Lamar. How does that make Lamar a bad player?

But when the both guarded each other when it mattered the most,Lebron locked Kobe up once again and on Offense blew by him for a layup to go up by 1 and hit the jumper over him to go up by 3.

Just give Props to Lebron.

I tip my hat to you for calling things like it is and taking on the entire Lakers fanbase because you have a fight on your hands.

No matter what LeBron does though, Lakers fans won't admit he has an advantage.
Notes: Rookie Rudy Gay twisted his left ankle trying to guard McGrady late in the third quarter and limped to the bench. He returned with 5:51 left, then returned to the bench about a minute later - http://www.nba.com/games/20061231/MEMHOU/recap.html
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#272 » by NetsForce » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:14 am

Kobe got around Lebron numerous times but credit the Cavs help defense for always being in the right place at the right time. That's why they made the finals last year, for all of Lebron's individual greatness it was their team defense that took them to the next level - it was their lack of team defense to start the season which also resulted in them (the Cavs) sucking pretty hard to start the year.
Deuce33
Pro Prospect

Post#273 » by Deuce33 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 am

Hold on, where we both watching the same game? Because Lebron only blew by Kobe "once" solely. Lebron was also getting the benefit of many picks set for him as well. Don't get me wrong Lebron played some really good 1on1 defense on Kobe especially on one possession where Kobe was forced to take a difficult fadeaway but other than that Kobe was getting hammered with double teams and many sometimes tripple teams. The Cavs play very good rotation defense as well limiting Kobe to settle for the outside jumper ocasionally. Actually watch all areas of the game rather than solely nitpicking certain situations and players man.
B-Scott
Head Coach

Post#274 » by B-Scott » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 am

True the Cavs help D was great. Hughes stepped over and took the charge.

Thats where you got to look to kick out to the open shooters and trust your teammates. Fisher, Farmar, Sasha are good shooters
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man

Post#275 » by YiYaoYue » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 am

when lebron is on kobe, odom should have an easy time against the shorter defender... but the fact is odom stinks. Kobe needed someone to step up and take a shot after drawing a double team... the end was a perfect example of the lakers.. inability to move their feet and just watch kobe do everything. walton should have walked back knowing the double team is going to go on kobe... he should have set his feet behind the 3 point line then the instant he gets the ball take the shot. Instead he passes the ball to kobe stands there next to him, gets the ball back doesnt take the shot and gives it back to kobe with 1 second left.

Kobe and lebron are in different positions... i'm sick and tired about people saying lebron is better because he can beat him 1 on 1.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#276 » by ChocolateThundr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:21 am

KDRE wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I tip my hat to you for calling things like it is and taking on the entire Lakers fanbase because you have a fight on your hands.

No matter what LeBron does though, Lakers fans won't admit he has an advantage.

People saying Kobe is better doesnt equal LeBron not having an advantage. They are different players. Kobe has trouble playing against strong/long defenders like Prince(2004 finals) and Artest, but hes better than both of them. Kobe wouldnt have much sucess going against Amare on both ends, but hes better than Amare. Same goes with LeBron but not as extreme since hes not a center/pf even though he's practically a pf if he wanted to.

Props to LeBron taking advantage of his size/speed advantage although I wish Kobe drove instead of shooting Js. These matchups doesnt change anything except to prove that a much lighter and smaller player will most likely have trouble playing with bigger players who are just as quick as he is. LeBron is still LeBron and Kobe is still Kobe, two of the best bball players in the world.
Cevap
Banned User

Post#277 » by Cevap » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 am

YiYaoYue wrote:when lebron is on kobe, odom should have an easy time against the shorter defender... but the fact is odom stinks. Kobe needed someone to step up and take a shot after drawing a double team... the end was a perfect example of the lakers.. inability to move their feet and just watch kobe do everything. walton should have walked back knowing the double team is going to go on kobe... he should have set his feet behind the 3 point line then the instant he gets the ball take the shot. Instead he passes the ball to kobe stands there next to him, gets the ball back doesnt take the shot and gives it back to kobe with 1 second left.

doesn't that whole thing come down to coaching then? is brown a better coach then jackson?
DS1
Starter
And1: 64

Post#278 » by DS1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 am

Both players are great and played a wonderful game. Cavs just came up with the bigger plays at the end of the game. Especially Larry Hughes.
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Deuce33
Pro Prospect

Post#279 » by Deuce33 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:30 am

Cevap wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

doesn't that whole thing come down to coaching then? is brown a better coach then jackson?

Defensively....hell yes
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#280 » by D-Wade » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:47 am

I feel bad for Kobe. The best player in basketball shouldn't be forced to play with all those slouches. IMO, this one hurts the Lakers. Without Bynum, these are the games they must win.......home against POS teams like Cleveland.

Return to The General Board