Game Thread 1/27/08 Sunday

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

D-Wade
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#281 » by D-Wade » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:48 am

NetsForce wrote:Kobe got around Lebron numerous times but credit the Cavs help defense for always being in the right place at the right time. That's why they made the finals last year, for all of Lebron's individual greatness it was their team defense that took them to the next level - it was their lack of team defense to start the season which also resulted in them (the Cavs) sucking pretty hard to start the year.

Well said.
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#282 » by Cevap » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:52 am

D-Whistle wrote:I feel bad for Kobe. The best player in basketball shouldn't be forced to play with all those slouches. IMO, this one hurts the Lakers. Without Bynum, these are the games they must win.......home against POS teams like Cleveland.

lmfao
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#283 » by ChocolateThundr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:00 am

One thing amusing to watch because of this game is seeing all the Wade fans come here and indirectly "attack" LeBron by defending Kobe, all the LeBron fans claiming that he's better BECAUSE of this one game, and all the Kobe fans blaming the game on the refs

Another amusing thing is that Kobe could have easily shot a 3 at the end and knowing that he's clutch its not out of the world and has a good chance of that going in. Instead he passed it to an open Puke who couldnt even get a shot off; isnt this what LeBron did in the ECF last year in the first 2 games.
David Robinson
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0
Location: Mr. Robinson's neighborhood. MY SPURS > YOUR INFERIOR SQUAD !!

Post#284 » by David Robinson » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:02 am

D-Whistle wrote:I feel bad for Kobe. The best player in basketball shouldn't be forced to play with all those slouches. IMO, this one hurts the Lakers. Without Bynum, these are the games they must win.......home against POS teams like Cleveland.
This guy just ripped LeBron's finals performance in one thread, and then recognizes in this thread that his team sucks.Inconsistent thoughts.

You can't have it both ways.

If I didn't know any better, I think as a Wade fan, it's a bias towards Wade that makes it where you're unable to see the greatness that exists within guys like LeBron and Kobe with limited supporting casts.

-- # 50 The Admiral David Robinson
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#285 » by B-Scott » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:03 am

YiYaoYue wrote:when lebron is on kobe, odom should have an easy time against the shorter defender... but the fact is odom stinks. Kobe needed someone to step up and take a shot after drawing a double team... the end was a perfect example of the lakers.. inability to move their feet and just watch kobe do everything. walton should have walked back knowing the double team is going to go on kobe... he should have set his feet behind the 3 point line then the instant he gets the ball take the shot. Instead he passes the ball to kobe stands there next to him, gets the ball back doesnt take the shot and gives it back to kobe with 1 second left.

Kobe and lebron are in different positions... i'm sick and tired about people saying lebron is better because he can beat him 1 on 1.

Lamar was in the post multiple times and Kobe waved him out wanting to go 1 on 1 against Lebron. The Lakers got 3 easy baskets from Lamar in the post today

1. Turiaf got a layup slashing to the basket from LO drawing the double team down low.

2. Farmar got a wide open 3 because LO drawing the double team in the post.

3. Lamar backed down his man inside the paint and passed to Turiaf for the alleyoop.

Turiaf also missed a wide open layup when the Cavs doubled Lamar and Turiaf cut to the basket.

The problem is the Lakers dont go to that enough and Kobe starts going on these 1 on 1 stretches.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#286 » by NetsForce » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:05 am

"Puke Faulton"

That's beautiful, I never thought of calling him "Puke" but now I have a perfect first name to go with his revised last name.
prekazi
General Manager

Post#287 » by prekazi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:13 am

ChocolateThundr wrote:One thing amusing to watch because of this game is seeing all the Wade fans come here and indirectly "attack" LeBron by defending Kobe, all the LeBron fans claiming that he's better BECAUSE of this one game, and all the Kobe fans blaming the game on the refs

Another amusing thing is that Kobe could have easily shot a 3 at the end and knowing that he's clutch its not out of the world and has a good chance of that going in. Instead he passed it to an open Puke who couldnt even get a shot off; isnt this what LeBron did in the ECF last year in the first 2 games.

Great post. %99 agreed.

One missed point, LeBron did that in the first game of the ECF, in second game he was fouled for 3 or 4 times and he eventually missed the shot.
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#288 » by J~Rush » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:15 am

Even if they lose this game, Brandon Roy :o
e
prekazi
General Manager

Post#289 » by prekazi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:16 am

Great run by the Trail Blazers. Roy tied the game.
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#290 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:21 am

ChocolateThundr wrote:One thing amusing to watch because of this game is seeing all the Wade fans come here and indirectly "attack" LeBron by defending Kobe, all the LeBron fans claiming that he's better BECAUSE of this one game, and all the Kobe fans blaming the game on the refs

I don't think you've seen very many Cavs fans/LeBron fans claiming that LeBron is the better player because of this game. There are those of us that believe that he's right there but it had nothing to do with this game nor did this game effect that opinion. In fact I was criticizing LeBron in this game for playing in a way that is different from his normal game (more turnovers than assists? That never happens).
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
rottenzombie
Lead Assistant
And1: 505

Post#291 » by rottenzombie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:29 am

What happend in that Wiz/Bucks game? Wiz were down by 11 with less than 2 mins left so I switched channel, and now they are in OT?
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#292 » by Ballings7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:31 am

God, what a monster win by Portland!

Come back down 19, end the game on a 16-4 run... Portland's defense was so good late in the game. And specifically, Roy played high-level defense on a number of those possessions. Which consisted of on Joe Johnson and Josh Smith. Including two seperate blocks, on the ball, on both of them. Their team defense was just tremendous, though.

Brandon Roy was simply excellent on both ends of the court... and his defense really continues to impress me. As so with him as a whole.

Roy absolutely deserves to make the all-star team
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#293 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:34 am

rottenzombie wrote:What happend in that Wiz/Bucks game? Wiz were down by 11 with less than 2 mins left so I switched channel, and now they are in OT?

Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson took over. 11 points in 1 minute ad some seconds.

Caron Butler is having a monster OT. Wiz up 4 with 1:30 left
rottenzombie
Lead Assistant

Post#294 » by rottenzombie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:35 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson took over. 11 points in 1 minute ad some seconds.

Caron Butler is having a monster OT. Wiz up 4 with 1:30 left

Damn, I missed some great performances.
prekazi
General Manager

Post#295 » by prekazi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 am

and now bucks take the lead again. what a game!
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#296 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 am

Is J.R. Smith pound for pound the player with the lowest basketball I.Q. in the NBA?
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#297 » by magicfan4life05 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:38 am

wth denver is going 5 on 4 with harris down at the other end and they take 2 long jumpshots...
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
rottenzombie
Lead Assistant

Post#298 » by rottenzombie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:40 am

Oh wow, Royal Ivey for the nail on the coffin, never thought I would say that.
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
ChocolateThundr
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#299 » by ChocolateThundr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:45 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't think you've seen very many Cavs fans/LeBron fans claiming that LeBron is the better player because of this game. There are those of us that believe that he's right there but it had nothing to do with this game nor did this game effect that opinion. In fact I was criticizing LeBron in this game for playing in a way that is different from his normal game (more turnovers than assists? That never happens).

I suppose, but it clearly wasnt the case for majority of posters in Lakers Vs Cavalier game threads that I've been in. And I dont include Cav fans but merely LeBron fans, and I bet naturally they dont watch LeBron as often as Cav fans.
Rand10
Starter
And1: 39

Post#300 » by Rand10 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:49 am

Carter and Dirk in a 3 point shootout

Return to The General Board