WOJ:Mike Budenholzer is emerging as the frontrunner to become the Phoenix Suns’ next coach

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,738

Re: WOJ:Mike Budenholzer is emerging as the frontrunner to become the Phoenix Suns’ next coach 

Post#41 » by EmpireFalls » Fri May 10, 2024 3:15 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:Won't make them contenders without some other roster moves imo, but can't wait to see KD in the Gianmis role!

it's funny, despite being the same height and having very similar measurables, I couldn't think of two players with more differing playstyles. KD hasn't gone to the rim since the pandemic, and Giannis is almost a nothing shooter at this point.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,558

Re: WOJ:Mike Budenholzer is emerging as the frontrunner to become the Phoenix Suns’ next coach 

Post#42 » by CIN-C-STAR » Fri May 10, 2024 5:10 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:Won't make them contenders without some other roster moves imo, but can't wait to see KD in the Gianmis role!

it's funny, despite being the same height and having very similar measurables, I couldn't think of two players with more differing playstyles. KD hasn't gone to the rim since the pandemic, and Giannis is almost a nothing shooter at this point.

Couldn't agree more, and yet KD is a better passer than at any other point in his career, and I think some very weird version of this is the best way to use him at this point.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,197

Post#43 » by AntetokounmBros » Fri May 10, 2024 6:06 am

I think Bud raises their floor a lot, assuming the team buys in.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,153

Post#44 » by garrick » Fri May 10, 2024 7:01 am

They never should have hired Vogel in the first place but when you have the three headed monster of morons in Ishibia, JJ and Isiah Thomas you can count on them making boneheaded decisions year after year.
SportsGuru08
Rookie
And1: 853

Post#45 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:37 am

AntetokounmBros wrote:I think Bud raises their floor a lot, assuming the team buys in.

Until the playoffs of course. 2021 was in spite of Budenholzer.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,564

Post#46 » by SunsLyf3 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:07 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
Chris Paul was 5th on the Suns' roster in terms of total minutes played when they made it to the Finals - below Jae Crowder and just slightly above Cam Payne.

In about half the games he did play during the Western Conference run, Paul was a shell of himself due to getting injured pretty much at the start of game 1 of the playoffs (he averaged 9 points on 38% fg and 20% 3pg in round one against the Lakers) .

Whenever in history has a team ever made it to the Finals because of the guy who was 5th on the team in minutes played?

2021 Suns. His impact was beyond the statsheet.

Nobody is arguing that.

But arguing that Suns made it to the finals because a guy was providing veteran leadership from the sideline, while the guys actually on the court were winning the games, is taking it a bit too far.

He did average 34 minutes per game in 20 games so lets not pretend he wasnt instrumental. For the most part he was closing games out. Even when he was playing with 1 arm.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,187

Post#47 » by KodiakBear » Tue May 14, 2024 8:14 pm

OriginalRed wrote:If Frank Vogel lost the respect of that locker room, that cream puff Bud sure as hell ain't gonna win it back.

If the locker room is so easy to lose, maybe cupcake KD and the rest of those jokers are the problem and not the Head Coaches who they run out of town every year while the same players lose.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 916

Post#48 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:14 pm

Hope he likes DLo at the Point Guard because Lakers are getting Durant from Suns
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,349

Post#49 » by Mr Puddles » Tue May 14, 2024 11:43 pm

SunsLyf3 wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:2021 Suns. His impact was beyond the statsheet.

Nobody is arguing that.

But arguing that Suns made it to the finals because a guy was providing veteran leadership from the sideline, while the guys actually on the court were winning the games, is taking it a bit too far.

He did average 34 minutes per game in 20 games so lets not pretend he wasnt instrumental. For the most part he was closing games out. Even when he was playing with 1 arm.

Nobody is arguing that Chris Paul wasn't important.

The claim was that Chris Paul carried the suns to the Finals. I pointed out that he was injured or missing in 2 out of the 3 series he played.

When a guy is 5th on their team in total minutes (and 5th in minutes per game, in the 14 games he did play for that matter) , and isn't fully available for 2 out of 3 playoff series, chances are he wasn't the main guy leading his team to the Finals.
Spoiler:
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,416

Post#50 » by doogie_hauser » Wed May 15, 2024 3:17 am

LaLover11 wrote:Hope he likes DLo at the Point Guard because Lakers are getting Durant from Suns

Will you stop making posts like this ? It's not going to happen in a million years, you're trolling at this point (and I can enjoy a good troll from time to time but it's getting really annoying now)

Back on topic, I noticed Bud has fired all of Vogel's assistants, makes me wonder if he will bring back Darvin Ham (one of his trusted lieutenants at The Bucks) ???
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 am

doogie_hauser wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Hope he likes DLo at the Point Guard because Lakers are getting Durant from Suns

Will you stop making posts like this ? It's not going to happen in a million years, you're trolling at this point (and I can enjoy a good troll from time to time but it's getting really annoying now)

Back on topic, I noticed Bud has fired all of Vogel's assistants, makes me wonder if he will bring back Darvin Ham (one of his trusted lieutenants at The Bucks) ???

It's definitely on topic to talk about Bud and his new point guard

I don't care about your feelings
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#52 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 3:57 am

C'mon dat is a dumb take Lol
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:02 am

WentzerWuver wrote:

Running it back with the same 3 offense only played with no point guard is truly a dumb take in my opinion

Suns and Bud would be a lot better starting the season with a true point guard.

Also DLo and Booker are friends
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#54 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 4:27 am

LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Running it back with the same 3 offense only played with no point guard is truly a dumb take in my opinion

Suns and Bud would be a lot better starting the season with a true point guard.

Also DLo and Booker are friends
I wasn't aware they were friends but the Lakers should try to initiate a sign and trade otherwise their over the cap situation would limit them to a MLE instead of the 18 mil cap hold.

Dlo for Roddy who was a throw in for salary purposes on the Royce O'Neale deadline trade and has been a bench warmer for the Suns until garbage time. Lakers can use him like how the Nuggets use Gordon. He reminds me of him.

https://youtu.be/WEplppjRIvs?si=NLDveEoSjNZLJP-R

Dlo will help the Suns point vacated by CP3 while Roddy can be the Gordon guy for LAL.

Return to The General Board