2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4161 » by cgf » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Hoping Philly can tie this puppy up today!

#WeBelieve

Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,662

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4162 » by azcatz11 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 pm

cgf wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Hoping Philly can tie this puppy up today!

#WeBelieve

I still like the Knicks but I want a tied series. Nothing personal bro :D
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,377

Post#4163 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:00 pm

I don’t want a tied series. The longer the series goes the more Knicks players Joe L can hurt
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,445

Post#4164 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 pm

drekwins wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I believe "intent to injure" implies malice and forethought. I believe that was more of a tantrum than what people on here are claiming.

There's no way to know what was going through his head regarding intent. He may have just been thinking, I'm going to grab this guy to stop him.

But a LOT of people have called this an over the top dirty play, even players from years ago when the league was more physical. It was a high injury risk play, absolutely reckless and a play that would have resulted in a flagrant 2 if any other player had done it.

I think it's clear what Embiids intention was when he kneed Isiah Hartenstein in the balls as well. He also is the #1 in the league in flagrant fouls per game, so when you talk about intent, I think it's obvious that Embiids intent is to foul often and hard and then, expect to get away with it because he wears a superstar tag.

He's injured players before. He's one of the league leaders in injuring players, so . . . it's not a stretch to say that his intent was to injur, or certainly, to hurt Mitch.

And Silver is letting him get away with it. The one ray of hope is that this is getting a lot of press. Embiid is worse than Draymond Green. It's time he started getting the Draymond Green treatment.

And... the implication that Embiid did it to "protect" himself is just a slap in the face to anyone even remotely intelligent. When a player has someone under him, they hang on the rim until they move. In fact, Embiid did move, TOWARDS MITCH. He lunged directly towards hm, grabbed his lower leg, twisted it, made him fall over and then pushed him off. We all know what he was doing. It's not even a question.

He had plenty of runway to move out of the way too. That excuse just insults my intelligence.

After they didn't call the F2 in game they weren't going to suspend.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#4165 » by drekwins » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
There's no way to know what was going through his head regarding intent. He may have just been thinking, I'm going to grab this guy to stop him.

But a LOT of people have called this an over the top dirty play, even players from years ago when the league was more physical. It was a high injury risk play, absolutely reckless and a play that would have resulted in a flagrant 2 if any other player had done it.

I think it's clear what Embiids intention was when he kneed Isiah Hartenstein in the balls as well. He also is the #1 in the league in flagrant fouls per game, so when you talk about intent, I think it's obvious that Embiids intent is to foul often and hard and then, expect to get away with it because he wears a superstar tag.

He's injured players before. He's one of the league leaders in injuring players, so . . . it's not a stretch to say that his intent was to injur, or certainly, to hurt Mitch.

And Silver is letting him get away with it. The one ray of hope is that this is getting a lot of press. Embiid is worse than Draymond Green. It's time he started getting the Draymond Green treatment.

And... the implication that Embiid did it to "protect" himself is just a slap in the face to anyone even remotely intelligent. When a player has someone under him, they hang on the rim until they move. In fact, Embiid did move, TOWARDS MITCH. He lunged directly towards hm, grabbed his lower leg, twisted it, made him fall over and then pushed him off. We all know what he was doing. It's not even a question.

He had plenty of runway to move out of the way too. That excuse just insults my intelligence.

In hindsight, we really had such a slim chance in game 3. Many have forgotten that Embiid was also in foul trouble for a large portion of the game. Yet, he was hip checking and things of that nature... clear offensive fouls. Yet, the refs did not blow the whistle.

The game was manipulated in such a way to benefit Embiid that it wasn't even the same game anymore. I am actually in favor of things like make-up calls, etc. The intent when that happens is to manipulate to make it fair. This wasn't fair and Mitch got hurt. I wish we got the memo so we could have rested guys, etc. But, we move on.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,475

Post#4166 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:30 pm

drekwins wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
drekwins wrote:

In hindsight, we really had such a slim chance in game 3. Many have forgotten that Embiid was also in foul trouble for a large portion of the game. Yet, he was hip checking and things of that nature... clear offensive fouls. Yet, the refs did not blow the whistle.

The game was manipulated in such a way to benefit Embiid that it wasn't even the same game anymore. I am actually in favor of things like make-up calls, etc. The intent when that happens is to manipulate to make it fair. This wasn't fair and Mitch got hurt. I wish we got the memo so we could have rested guys, etc. But, we move on.

he had 3 fouls after 16 minutes of game time. he never got called for a foul after. the officiating in this game, was truly emberassing.

Also, it doesnt matter if it was malicious intent or a tantrum. If this guy cant control his emotions he needs to gtfo of the game. that was dangerous and careless by the refs. these guys should never call a playoff game again.
im bout dat action boss
UglyBugBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 815

Post#4167 » by UglyBugBall » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:33 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

he had 3 fouls after 16 minutes of game time. he never got called for a foul after. the officiating in this game, was truly emberassing.

Also, it doesnt matter if it was malicious intent or a tantrum. If this guy cant control his emotions he needs to gtfo of the game. that was dangerous and careless by the refs. these guys should never call a playoff game again.

You can't eject a star in a playoff game, I don't care what they did. Refs shouldn't decide games by taking out stars.

76ers were also down 0-2, the refs have to pull back a bit to give them a shot. If they go down 0-3 the series is over, so refs did the right thing in this situation.
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#4168 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=XO0PgrZjS-uU8MmGKL8grQ
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#4169 » by drekwins » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
drekwins wrote:

You can't eject a star in a playoff game, I don't care what they did. Refs shouldn't decide games by taking out stars.

76ers were also down 0-2, the refs have to pull back a bit to give them a shot. If they go down 0-3 the series is over, so refs did the right thing in this situation.

New basketball fan? The Knicks almost had their entire roster unavailable before. They had to split up suspension between games so they would have enough guys to dress for the playoff games.

Pull back a bit to give them a shot? We see the role of referees completely different from each other. Let the players decide the outcome. Embiid decided to hip check and play dirty, he made the choice to put his availability at risk.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,553

Post#4170 » by gavran » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:50 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
drekwins wrote:

What a disgusting take.
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,596

Post#4171 » by Wargreymon » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:50 pm

I guess with Mitch out...Achiuwa will have to help I-Hart guard Embiid
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#4172 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Jesus…
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,599

Post#4173 » by durden_tyler » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:57 pm

Knicks +5.0 and totals at 209.0

Let's get it, New York spread and Under!
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#4174 » by SweetTouch » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:57 pm

Joel really injured the Knick’s player on purpose and didn’t get suspended

I already know Joel will finish on the emergency room todays game

Knick’s don’t play that. They have already made the call
Stop being so disrespectful.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,937

Post#4175 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 pm

No Mitch really sucks. Knicks still hold on to win.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,346

Post#4176 » by SerialChiller » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:02 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Umm the star decided the game by being an idiot and doing something that forces the ref to eject him for. So they should be immune to everything? Why stop there, why call any fouls on stars? Why not let them travel and carry and do whatever they want? What a joke of a take hahaha!
Demagoog
Senior
And1: 2,090

Post#4177 » by Demagoog » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:04 pm

'Great, I get to see Embiid play today!'

- Nobody in the history of civilisation
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,274

Post#4178 » by Bob Ross » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:06 pm

Embiid is so desperate to play the victim. Pathetic loser
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,346

Post#4179 » by SerialChiller » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:06 pm

It really says something that as a Heat fan I want the Knicks to win because I can't stand Embiid that much hahaha
Demagoog
Senior
And1: 2,090

Post#4180 » by Demagoog » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 pm

SerialChiller wrote:It really says something that as a Heat fan I want the Knicks to win because I can't stand Embiid that much hahaha

Honestly think this goes for the entire NBA. Nobody likes the Knicks, yet here we are, rooting for the Knicks.

Return to The General Board