Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,620

Re: Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him. 

Post#61 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:05 am

This thread, lol...

Ya'll a bunch of whiny babies.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,575

Post#62 » by Statlanta » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:09 am

The NBA promotes stars and will let them get away with anything so long as they continue to do superstar plays.

Every 6"10"+ dribbler(Jokic, Giannis, Durant) travels, Young and Embiid flop, Luka talks to the ref every possession, Harden and Tatum travel on their stepback etc

The NBA finally started to stop giving LeBron AND-1s for a career of lowering his shoulder to perimeter defenders.
Aaron Gordon, Devin Booker, Tyrese Halliburton, Trae Young, Anthony Edwards and Luka Doncic all made the Conference Finals.

Where’s Joel Embiid?
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,455

Post#63 » by brutalitops » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:20 am

I don't actually mind guys playing into the bodies of players to try to draw fouls. Lebron/Butler/Sometimes Giannis, but you need to also call any dropping shoulder. Any square contact which moves a defender a charge.

Quite a few of Embiids last night went even contact hunting. He ran into towns body and launched himself. Elbowed Gobert. Yelled when Gobert got a clean strip, fell over during a fade away ****. All not fouls, but that's 8 FT the refs have incorrectly awarded. It becomes a slog, I know why he does it, having Maxey/Harden out and trailing is a good way to stop the clock and get easy points, but it's a killer to watch. Especially when the refs were calling every moving screen, a couple of carrys. Then just make bad calls on offense
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,394

Post#64 » by Lunartic » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:33 am

eyeatoma wrote:This thread, lol...

Anytime a team has a massive flopper like Harden or Embiid or Kevin Martin or Lowry or Miami era lebron, the homers of said teams always call everyone else whiners and make pathetic excuses for why their favorite guy is just "sooo much smarter and more talented and they totally don't flop i swear"

It's without fail. You can look through Rocket's fans post history, same story about how Harden is actually the quickest player in the history of the game and he is just being fouled by the mean defenders. The mental gymnastics and calisthenics required to craft some alternate reality in which Embiid isn't exactly what we all see he is - pretty ridiculous.

Face it, Embiid is just a flopper.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,369

Post#65 » by WiggOuts » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:41 am

Decipher wrote:
WiggOuts wrote:
jstross wrote:Embiid falls to avoid impact on his feet. There was an article on it a while ago. He was essentially trained to do this by the doctors and training staff. I'll see if I can find it.

Im sorry but this is one of the stupidest things ive ever heard, you cant be serious...he flops because of a medical condition...

The theory is that it's better for him to fall & land safely rather than risk injury by attempting to stay upright while off balance (or something like that)

Tbf, athletes in other sports are taught the same thing (e.g. tennis & gymnastics)

Trouble with this explanation is that these techniques are generally used in circumstances where falling is unavoidable which obviously isn't the case in many instances with Joel

I know of the idea of falling on your ass to avoid injury...this...ain't that. Joel is flopping like hes trying to have it named after him. As long as he chooses to play the game this way it SHOULD yield no reward...unfortunately this is the nba, hell probably be named MVP and in his mind itll vindicate him playing this way
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#66 » by meekrab » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:25 am

mediocrityrules wrote:
meekrab wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:
Giannis gets these threads every season (charging and carrying). He also gets more charge calls against him than any other player in the league, he's just good at getting to his spot just before the defender does (most of the time).

Yeah he gets the most charge calls because he's literally constantly charging into defenders. He should foul out by half time in most games.

He has a quick, long, first and second step. Most defenders just aren't there in time. It's amazing how often the defender is still trying to get their feet set when you see the replay, on what looked like a charge at first viewing. This happens every single game.

The last part I'll just ignore, unless you really are trying to tell me you don't watch many bucks games without telling me you don't watch many Bucks games.

Yes you're a bucks fan you think Giannis never commits fouls, cool story.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,031

Post#67 » by JN61 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:40 am

WiggOuts wrote:
jstross wrote:Embiid falls to avoid impact on his feet. There was an article on it a while ago. He was essentially trained to do this by the doctors and training staff. I'll see if I can find it.
AussieCeltic wrote:If I had the time, I would create a Twitter account with a counter on how many times Embiid hits the floor in a game. My guess is 20+ times at least.

Im sorry but this is one of the stupidest things ive ever heard, you cant be serious...he flops because of a medical condition...

Same nonsense Curry fans keep spouting. Flop is a flop.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,629

Post#68 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:25 pm

I think it's not so random that he gets all those freak injuries that often limit his playoffs impact.
he just look careless and out of control moving around.
Слава Украине!
FreeThrowLine
Veteran
And1: 4,274

Post#69 » by FreeThrowLine » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:58 pm

Embiid has someone coaching him these moves
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,775

Post#70 » by leolozon » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:22 pm

And yet, people in this thread don't fall on the ground all the time, so who's the baby?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,064

Post#71 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:46 pm

Says the guy who cried and cried and cried when Siakam hit Embiid in the face. Doing exactly what Embiid has done to many other people in the league.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#72 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:00 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

Says the guy who cried and cried and cried when Siakam hit Embiid in the face. Doing exactly what Embiid has done to many other people in the league.

Embiid never broke someone's face. Seriously?

Siakim also has a history. He purposely tripped Embiid during the Kawhi series.

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#73 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:02 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

And I'll share all the videos of Embiid throwing his elbow into people's faces on purpose. You'll either stop responding or come up with ridiculous excuse as to how that's different. Rinse and repeat.

Honestly, get some self awareness.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,729

Post#74 » by JayMKE » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:08 pm

Big difference between moving a defender away with a power move to score and fishing for ticky tacky fouls, if Embiid was powering thru guys like Giannis or Shaq people probably wouldn't think so lowly of him and his chippy dirty play.
FREE GIANNIS
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#75 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:12 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

And I'll share all the videos of Embiid throwing his elbow into people's faces on purpose. You'll either stop responding or come up with ridiculous excuse as to how that's different. Rinse and repeat.

Again your team has had and has players that do similar things so I find it amusing that as a Raptors fan you complain about this. Talk about self-awareness.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#76 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:13 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Again your team has had and has players that do similar things so I find it amusing that Raptors fans complain about this. Talk about self-awareness..

You're the one calling everyone in this thread whiners. And then you show up and whine...
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,083

Post#77 » by BelgradeNugget » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:14 pm

MrBigShot wrote:Those late whistles by the ref to see if he makes the shot. Like Embiid has some blackmail on them or something lmfao.

LoveMyRaps wrote:Love Embiid since KU, but dude might be the biggest flopper in the league. Very talented but also very reliant on the help of the officials.

lobosloboslobos wrote:I have seen a lot of Embiid flopping pathetically and also a lot of truly bogus and biased reffing in the NBA but the video OP shared is truly the most brutal example of NBA being a joke of a sports league that I have ever seen. my god some of those calls were unbelievable...

People, people, calm down. Why are you putting all the blame on Embiid. You are insinuating that Embiid has some blackmail on refs? :crazy: :banghead: :noway: Well it is not him it is yours one and only Daryl Morey :D

Look at this:

James Harden

No Morey
OKC 2011-12 62 GP 31.4 mpg 6.0 FTA

Morey days
HOU 2012-20 613 GP 37.1 mpg 10.4 FTA

No Morey
HOU/BKN 2020-22 88 GP 36.7 mpg 7.6 FTA

Morey days again
PHI 2021-22 21 GP 37.7 mpg 8.9 FTA

Joel Embiid

No Morey
PHI 2017-20 178 GP 31.5 mpg 8.7 FTA

Morey days
PHI 2020-22 131 GP 32.8 mpg 11.43 FT

:D :D :D So what you say about this conspiracy theory? These are just numbers after all.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#78 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:16 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Again your team has had and has players that do similar things so I find it amusing that Raptors fans complain about this. Talk about self-awareness..

You're the one calling everyone in this thread whiners. And then you show up and whine...
Lol not even responding to what I'm actually saying. This is just a bunch of back and forth. Do you have an actual defense for what Siakim did?

Embiid actually tries to score most of the time he hits someone inadvertant elbows happen all the time. See Shaq. Shaq wouldn't flop but Mutombo had his face remolded by Shaq's elbows in the finals.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#79 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:18 pm

I guarantee if Embiid was on anyone's team here 95% of this bitching would stop.

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#80 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:19 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Again your team has had and has players that do similar things so I find it amusing that Raptors fans complain about this. Talk about self-awareness..

Lol not even responding to what I'm actually saying. This is just a bunch of been and forth. Do you have an actual defense for what Siakim did?

Embiid actually tries to score most of the time he hits someone inadvertant elbows happen all the time. See Shaq. Shaq wouldn't flop but Mutombo had his face remolded by Shaq's elbows in the finals.

People are complaining that Embiid is both a flopper and dirty. You call them whiners. I point out that you whined (incessantly I might add) when Siakam elbowed Embiid in the face. Pot calling kettle black. You now somehow don't get the conversation.

I said the Siakam play was dirty at the time. I also said that Embiid sort of got what was coming to him, given all the dirty plays he's done in the past to the Raptors and to other players.

Now your turn to admit Embiid has a history of dirty plays..

Return to The General Board