2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (CLE WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Cavs in 4
2%
Cavs in 5
14%
Cavs in 6
24%
Cavs in 7
14%
Magic in 4
2%
Magic in 5
2%
Magic in 6
25%
Magic in 7
15%

Total votes: 283

Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,326

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic 

Post#61 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:02 pm

bmurph128 wrote:If the Cavs lose this series, we will be quasi blowing this thing up

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

I seriously doubt it. The cavaliers won almost 50 games this season despite being hit by an absurd amount of injuries this year. It’s very clear they have what it takes to be an elite team and have a deep team with a lot of potential still to be reached. If they do in fact lose this series, I expect one of the big four to get traded.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 410

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic 

Post#62 » by Mad Guru » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:03 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Lot's of randoms big mad the Cavs might win a series. I feel like Realgm will melt down if they upset the Celtics.

You guys shamelessly tanked to face the playoff newbies, you aren't exactly the darlings of the moment.

We would have ended up playing the Pacers had we won, which I would prefer to the Magic.

But you're also talking about a team who may have been hit the hardest by injuries this season....not a surprise that we rested and took guys out early when we had a top 4 seed locked up. If we were truly tanking the game we wouldnt have played any starters at all.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

Your entire sub is saying you tanked the final 6 minutes of the game.

I watched it, the fans were booing, the Cavs didn't even seem to be attempting to win the game.

How is that not tanking?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#63 » by SOUL » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:04 pm

Mad Guru wrote:You guys had Tristan Thompson running point for the final 5 minutes of the season and you are saying that the Cavaliers were *trying* to win the game?

I think he's referring down the stretch of the season. Of course during the last game teams might be more strategic about it if they are able to be in that position. If they get past the first round versus us and would've lost versus Heat/Philly as 2nd seed, then I take that 10/10 times as a fan. Doesn't always work though obviously.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 410

Post#64 » by Mad Guru » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 pm

I'm not really arguing with the strategy, the Magic are obviously the weakest East team, maybe the Pacers, but there isn't really an argument for anyone else.

I'm more saying that sentiment currently is that the Cavs tanked their game to play the Magic, which people don't like.
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 717

Post#65 » by Darth Magic » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:13 pm

Magic in 5
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,444

Post#66 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:15 pm

Mad Guru wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Mak wrote:Cavs got lucky, this might be the only match up they can win.

Lot's of randoms big mad the Cavs might win a series. I feel like Realgm will melt down if they upset the Celtics.

You guys shamelessly tanked to face the playoff newbies, you aren't exactly the darlings of the moment.
Even if they woulda won, they woulda faced the Pacers, it's not like they dodged some huge bullet.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,140

Post#67 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:28 pm

Yeah, I don't think the Cavs were tanking. Because I'm sure they would've loved to avoid a potential 2nd round matchup with the Celtics.

I think they were just resting their guys to get ready for the Magic. Because I don't think it makes any difference between the Pacers or Magic for a team like the Cavs.

Also, they were the second most injured team behind only the Grizzlies and the most injured team in the East. I can't really blame them for resting.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,934

Post#68 » by RookieStar » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:31 pm

Ummm the supposedly overlooked series on the EC has for now the highest number of posts/pages of all GTs. Are the rest of the other posters of teams still asleep?
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,385

Post#69 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:38 pm

Paolo's coming out party in this series. Might be Franz's too. Okoro's gonna get smoked. Orlando in 7.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#70 » by SOUL » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:40 pm

RookieStar wrote:Ummm the supposedly overlooked series on the EC has for now the highest number of posts/pages of all GTs. Are the rest of the other posters of teams still asleep?

4 series aren't truly official or posted yet, and we just have a bunch of excited Magic posters mostly lol :D
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,092

Post#71 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:52 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Because it's been said about this team nonstop for 2 straight years. "Paolo is an inefficient chucker." "Wow they lost to the Magic?" That team was tanking, that's why they lost." "If we shot it normally, the Magic would've lost." "Paolo is the worst All-Star this year." "They're paper tigers." All of these things said about the Magic and more.

People were even arguing against Paolo for ROY last year and a few even saying Walker Bench Player Kessler should've won it.

There's no anti-Magic agenda. This is silly.

1 nationally televised game in two years says otherwise. Plus plenty of posters and their posts on the GB also says otherwise.

No one actively dislikes the Orlando Magic. What you're complaining about is indifference.
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#72 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:02 am

Mad Guru wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:You guys shamelessly tanked to face the playoff newbies, you aren't exactly the darlings of the moment.

Trust me when I say this, the Cavs didn’t tank at all.

You guys had Tristan Thompson running point for the final 5 minutes of the season and you are saying that the Cavaliers were *trying* to win the game?

That’s what you’re referring to? The last game of the season? You do realize the Cavs were guaranteed home court advantage no matter what, right? You’re racing with this one.

Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,135

Post#73 » by Potential » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:04 am

These 2 mid teams with average at best offense where I have no idea who will win should actually make this an interesting series to watch especially because of how good their defenses are. The 2022 number 1 pick's playoff debut against Spida and the gang looking for redemption
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#74 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:05 am

Chuck Everett wrote:Paolo's coming out party in this series. Might be Franz's too. Okoro's gonna get smoked. Orlando in 7.

I wouldn’t underestimate Okoro’s defense, although with that said, Mobley will probably be the one defending Paolo.

Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#75 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:06 am

Potential wrote:These 2 mid teams with average at best offense where I have no idea who will win should actually make this an interesting series to watch. The 2022 number 1 pick's playoff debut against Spida and the gang looking for redemption

I wouldn’t call the Cavs mid… they were close to 50 games this season despite their starters playing less than 20 games together this season. They were hammered by injuries and still managed the fourth seed.

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,444

Post#76 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:30 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Paolo's coming out party in this series. Might be Franz's too. Okoro's gonna get smoked. Orlando in 7.

I wouldn’t underestimate Okoro’s defense, although with that said, Mobley will probably be the one defending Paolo.
Okoro doesn't stand a chance against Paolo or Franz in this series. If he's either missing or not taking his open 3s, he will be a liability in this series.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,869

Post#77 » by Roger Murdock » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:35 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Okoro doesn't stand a chance against Paolo or Franz in this series. If he's either missing or not taking his open 3s, he will be a liability in this series.

Okoro sucks but I dont envision the Cavs losing this series due to Paolo or Franz scoring in highly efficient manners

If Cavs lose it will be ugly, low scoring games where we get outcoached and struggle to score.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,934

Post#78 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:41 am

Roger Murdock wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Okoro sucks but I dont envision the Cavs losing this series due to Paolo or Franz scoring in highly efficient manners

If Cavs lose it will be ugly, low scoring games where we get outcoached and struggle to score.

Well ugly low scoring games is kinda what we do you know. Problem is, they got scrubs ( merrill struss wade ) that go nuclear from 3 when they see an Orlando Magic Jersey.

So while our defense try to contain DG and DON, those scrubs will be auditioning for a 4yr 100m contract against us.
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,357

Post#79 » by picc » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:43 am

Really looking forward to the Jalen Suggs/Mitchell matchup.

Also looking forward to seeing if Paolo and Isaac abuse Mobley and if he lets himself get bullied like last year.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#80 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:52 am

Cavs are the only team in top 8 in East that I think we should be able to beat in a series. Unless Mitchell goes supernova, he seemed not himself? But I think Suggs and Gary Harris are perfect to guard him. If Cavs get hot from 3, it will be tough to keep up with that. We will have to play defense like we did today, and I think we can.

Magic in 6.
Trade for Jarret Allen

Return to The General Board