Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,624

Re: Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him. 

Post#81 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:23 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
You're the one calling everyone in this thread whiners. And then you show up and whine...
Lol not even responding to what I'm actually saying. This is just a bunch of been and forth. Do you have an actual defense for what Siakim did?

Embiid actually tries to score most of the time he hits someone inadvertant elbows happen all the time. See Shaq. Shaq wouldn't flop but Mutombo had his face remolded by Shaq's elbows in the finals.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

People are complaining that Embiid is both a flopper and dirty. You call them whiners. I point out that you whined (incessantly I might add) when Siakam elbowed Embiid in the face. Pot calling kettle black. You now somehow don't get the conversation.

I said the Siakam play was dirty at the time. I also said that Embiid sort of got what was coming to him, given all the dirty plays he's done in the past to the Raptors and to other players.

Now your turn to admit Embiid has a history of dirty plays..
Embiid can be reckless, he's not inherently dirty.

Dirty is Zaza Pachulia and Kelly Olynk.

I whined incessantly? I was complaining about fans celebrating him getting hurt and and saying he got what he deserved, just like you did. No one deserves to get their face broken, sorry.

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,065

Post#82 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:24 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Lol not even responding to what I'm actually saying. This is just a bunch of been and forth. Do you have an actual defense for what Siakim did?

Embiid actually tries to score most of the time he hits someone inadvertant elbows happen all the time. See Shaq. Shaq wouldn't flop but Mutombo had his face remolded by Shaq's elbows in the finals.

People are complaining that Embiid is both a flopper and dirty. You call them whiners. I point out that you whined (incessantly I might add) when Siakam elbowed Embiid in the face. Pot calling kettle black. You now somehow don't get the conversation.

I said the Siakam play was dirty at the time. I also said that Embiid sort of got what was coming to him, given all the dirty plays he's done in the past to the Raptors and to other players.

Dirty is Zaza Pachulia and Kelly O'llynk.

:lol: yeah those consistent elbows to people's faces really scream clean player to me.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,969

Post#83 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:26 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
JRoy wrote:This is an era of inflated stats.

It truly is.

You honestly should just remove 10 ppg and about 50% of the aspg at least to get some comparison of the player's true averages in this era compared to others.

Do you guys think the mid 90's to early 00's are the entire history of the NBA? These are what nba stats have historically looked like....
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,729

Post#84 » by JayMKE » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:26 pm

Naw dude Embiid is legit dirty and tries to hurt people which contrasted with him being on the floor with the slightest contact is an incredibly bad look. He's an incredibly frustrating player to watch.
FREE GIANNIS
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#85 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:26 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

yeah those consistent elbows to people's faces really scream clean player to me.
Shaq?

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#86 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:27 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

yeah those consistent elbows to people's faces really scream clean player to me.
Guess Siakim is inconsistent? It's okay if it happens occasionally right?

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#87 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:28 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Embiid can be reckless, he's not inherently dirty.

Shaq?

Shaq had his moments but wasn't nearly as consistent as Embiid. Embiid is starting to get to Karl Malone levels of elbows to people's faces. At a certain point it ceases to be reckless and accidental.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#88 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:29 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Embiid can be reckless, he's not inherently dirty.

Guess Siakim is inconsistent? It's okay if it happens occasionally right?

You get a full list of Siakam's elbows to people's faces and I'll get a full list of Embiid's. Lets contrast the sheer volume of occasions?

My guess is you won't want to do that.
AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,534

Post#89 » by AbeVigodaLive » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:29 pm

meekrab wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Pot calling the kettle black. They didn’t do anything during the Lebron I’m going to to put my down head down and shoulder charge you days and didn’t do squat when Giannis does it and travels and carries to boot. You don’t see threads on how does Giannis get away with this do you?

Giannis gets these threads every season (charging and carrying). He also gets more charge calls against him than any other player in the league, he's just good at getting to his spot just before the defender does (most of the time).

Yeah he gets the most charge calls because he's literally constantly charging into defenders. He should foul out by half time in most games.

He's not even good at free throws so it's confusing why he goes out of his way to take 50/50 calls.

Karl Anthony Towns consistently leads the NBA in offensive fouls. Annually.

And often, it's not particularly close. He gets a ton of charge calls, fouls when he swings his arm on a drive, fouls setting screens, et al. I think he had three more just last night.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#90 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:30 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Shaq?

Shaq had his moments but wasn't nearly as consistent as Embiid. Embiid is starting to get to Karl Malone levels of elbows to people's faces. At a certain point it ceases to be reckless and accidental.
If he was on your team you would not care. Like most of the NBA and it's fans.

Embiid doesn't do it on purpose. Not sure what to say to convince you, but there isn't much point to this conversation between you and I.

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#91 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:32 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Shaq?

Embiid doesn't do it on purpose. Not sure what to say to convince you, but there isn't much point to this conversation between you and I.

If he was on my team, I'd have the grace to admit it was sketchy. Much like I admitted Lowry was one of the worst floppers in the league.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#92 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:34 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

If he was on my team, I'd have the grace to admit it was sketchy. Much like I admitted Lowry was one of the worst floppers in the league.
Lol I've said he can be reckless. I didn't like him tripping someone recently. He's not trying to hurt people. He's not malicious. Also just because you acknowledged something doesn't mean that I have to. Especially if I don't agree. This isn't a marriage.

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#93 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:36 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:If he was on your team you would not care. Like most of the NBA and it's fans.

Lol I've said he can be reckless. I didn't like him tripping someone resently. He's not trying to hurt people. He's not malicious. Also just because you acknowledged something doesn't mean that I have to. This isn't a marriage.

Siakam has two dirty moments in his career. Both against Embiid. Hmm.. I wonder why?

Let's see how many more 'reckless' plays Embiid gets. Apparently to you and mksp, he'll never be dirty. Never have done anything wrong. No matter how much evidence is put in front of your face, you just can't admit. That's just so troubling.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,675

Post#94 » by nomansland » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:40 pm

eyeatoma wrote:I guarantee if Embiid was on anyone's team here 95% of this bitching would stop.

Absolutely. It (mostly) only sucks when another team's player is doing it. And most players are going to try and get away with everything they can in order to win. They're competitive.

Objectively speaking it does make for a worse product from an entertainment perspective though. And like I said in another post, this is on the NBA for allowing players to exploit the loopholes. If/when they decide that this stuff annoys enough fans to impact their revenue, they'll try to fix it.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#95 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Lol I've said he can be reckless. I didn't like him tripping someone resently. He's not trying to hurt people. He's not malicious. Also just because you acknowledged something doesn't mean that I have to. This isn't a marriage.

Siakam has two dirty moments in his career. Both against Embiid. Hmm.. I wonder why?

Let's see how many more 'reckless' plays Embiid gets. Apparently to you and mksp, he'll never be dirty. Never have done anything wrong. No matter how much evidence is put in front of your face, you just can't admit. That's just so troubling.
Well guess you can consider it troubled. Not sure what to tell you. Go on the Sixers board and have this conversation. You might think the whole city is troubled.

Hint, not really the case.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#96 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:42 pm

nomansland wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:I guarantee if Embiid was on anyone's team here 95% of this bitching would stop.

Absolutely. It (mostly) only sucks when another team's player is doing it. And most players are going to try and get away with everything they can in order to win. They're competitive.

Objectively speaking it does make for a worse product from an entertainment perspective though. And like I said in another post, this is on the NBA for allowing players to exploit the loopholes. If/when they decide that this stuff annoys enough fans to impact their revenue, they'll try to fix it.
Yup agreed.

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#97 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:44 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Lol I've said he can be reckless. I didn't like him tripping someone resently. He's not trying to hurt people. He's not malicious. Also just because you acknowledged something doesn't mean that I have to. This isn't a marriage.

Well guess you can consider it troubled. Not sure what to tell you. Go on the Sixers board and have this conversation. You might think the whole city is troubled.

Nah, there are quite a few reasonable 76er fans on this board that admit that,

a) Embiid is a gross flopper
b) Embiid has a history of dirty plays.

And they aren't the ones who call out people for whining when they have a history of ....whining.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,153

Post#98 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:44 pm

youngthegiant wrote:. Him and Luka are both ruining the game

:lol:

I always love it when a homer local media source like Harrison Wind posts a terrible take and we see which posters will just blindly follow it.

Ruin the game? Giggles.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#99 » by Duffman100 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:45 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:. Him and Luka are both ruining the game

:lol:

I always love it when a homer local media source like Harrison Wind posts a terrible take and we see which posters will just blindly follow it.

Ruin the game? Giggles.

Luka does the scream exaggerate that 90% of the league does. Him and Embiid aren't even on the same planet in terms of flopping.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#100 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:49 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Nah, there are quite a few reasonable 76er fans on this board that admit that,

a) Embiid is a gross flopper
b) Embiid has a history of dirty plays.

And they are the ones who call out people for whining when they have a history of ....whining.
Most reasonable people will also not say that people deserve to get their faces broken or had it coming.

Can't all be perfect can we.

Return to The General Board