2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (CLE WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Cavs in 4
2%
Cavs in 5
14%
Cavs in 6
24%
Cavs in 7
14%
Magic in 4
2%
Magic in 5
2%
Magic in 6
25%
Magic in 7
15%

Total votes: 283

ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic 

Post#81 » by ogmagicfan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:55 am

I suspect the game will be ugly scoring wise like last yr btwn the Knicks & Cavs

Something to look out for, Mitchell hasnt been 100% since coming back. If he's already approaching this season as a waste and is looking forward to getting traded, dont be surprised if he doesnt put in 100% effort so he doesnt hurt himself again before getting traded.

Another thing, Evan Mobley since coming back has been shooting 47.8% from 3 (Only 2.1 Attempts per game), which is an interesting development

Orlando needs to get offensive production from Suggs & Cole in order to win this series. Need to make the Cavs guards work on defense.

Magic in 6
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,444

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic 

Post#82 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:55 am

Roger Murdock wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
I wouldn’t underestimate Okoro’s defense, although with that said, Mobley will probably be the one defending Paolo.
Okoro doesn't stand a chance against Paolo or Franz in this series. If he's either missing or not taking his open 3s, he will be a liability in this series.

Okoro sucks but I dont envision the Cavs losing this series due to Paolo or Franz scoring in highly efficient manners

If Cavs lose it will be ugly, low scoring games where we get outcoached and struggle to score.
I know this would be a low ball tactic but can someone pay Andrew Bynum to just sit courtside this whole series lol

That would be next level mind games... jb needs all the help he can get at this point.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,934

Post#83 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:56 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Cavs are the only team in top 8 in East that I think we should be able to beat in a series. Unless Mitchell goes supernova, he seemed not himself? But I think Suggs and Gary Harris are perfect to guard him. If Cavs get hot from 3, it will be tough to keep up with that. We will have to play defense like we did today, and I think we can.

Magic in 6.

Well... i kinda thought IND is more beatable than CLE? Bit thats just me...
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#84 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:56 am

RookieStar wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Okoro doesn't stand a chance against Paolo or Franz in this series. If he's either missing or not taking his open 3s, he will be a liability in this series.

Okoro sucks but I dont envision the Cavs losing this series due to Paolo or Franz scoring in highly efficient manners

If Cavs lose it will be ugly, low scoring games where we get outcoached and struggle to score.

Well ugly low scoring games is kinda what we do you know. Problem is, they got scrubs ( merrill struss wade ) that go nuclear from 3 when they see an Orlando Magic Jersey.

So while our defense try to contain DG and DON, those scrubs will be auditioning for a 4yr 100m contract against us.
Merrill and Wade are both hurt and will most likely not see the floor in this series.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#85 » by ogmagicfan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:58 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:

Well ugly low scoring games is kinda what we do you know. Problem is, they got scrubs ( merrill struss wade ) that go nuclear from 3 when they see an Orlando Magic Jersey.

So while our defense try to contain DG and DON, those scrubs will be auditioning for a 4yr 100m contract against us.
Merrill and Wade are both hurt and will most likely not see the floor in this series.

wow thats big news, because Merrill absolutely has destroyed us
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,572

Post#86 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:59 am

Magic in 6.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,572

Post#87 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:02 am

Cleveland isn't winning in Orlando and Orlando will steal game 1.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,326

Post#88 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:03 am

ibraheim718 wrote:Cleveland isn't winning in Orlando and Orlando will steal game 1.

Cleveland has been a very good road team this season.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#89 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:11 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:

If that is in fact the case, then I can forget about this being a gentlemen’s sweep. Still though, I have a hard time seeing the Magic be able to do enough against this cavaliers defense to be able to squeeze out four wins against them. Their roster has some glaring issues and they are a lot more exploitable then Cleveland is, who still have some good options to go with for matchup purposes.

As someone else mentioned, this will come down to how well Mitchell plays in this series. If he can shake off Suggs and be able to do his thing, this series will be Cleveland’s to lose. It’ll come down to whether or not our bigs can control the boards this time.

toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,756

Post#90 » by toooskies » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:13 am

My biggest worry for the Cavs was Mitchell not looking like himself and he was rounding into shape on our last homestand.

Okoro has done a great job on Paolo and we can also put a big on him instead. Not worried about him.

Orlando's coach hasn't been to the playoffs before so there's less reason to believe he'll be out-coached by Mosley rather than Adelman, Thibs, Spo, or Nurse.

Dean Wade will make a huge difference when it comes to slowing down Franz.

I hope JBB isn't afraid to play two bigs against Orlando's bench-- meaning Tristan Thompson is going to matter against Mo Wagner.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#91 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:15 am

Iwasawitness wrote:As someone else mentioned, this will come down to how well Mitchell plays in this series. If he can shake off Suggs and be able to do his thing, this series will be Cleveland’s to lose. It’ll come down to whether or not our bigs can control the boards this time.

This is the biggest thing. If he can get to another level of shot-making like the Pacers game or early in the season, or if his knee will bother him and make it easier to guard the Cavs. Magic don't have a player that can create their own shot as a three-level scorer just yet. Paolo is still inefficient and indecisive and finishes soft, and Franz has no in-between game and his threes are not great. Suggs can do it but only on a very small scale and his ball handling isn't close to Spida.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#92 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:17 am

ogmagicfan wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

wow thats big news, because Merrill absolutely has destroyed us
Yeah, his neck got messed up on the LA back to back but even if he was healthy, jb doesn't really care for him.

He really only had 1 game where he torched you all this season and he only saw 30+ minutes that game bc the Cavs didn't have Garland, Mobley, or LeVert; Okoro was also in foul trouble.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 410

Post#93 » by Mad Guru » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:17 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Trust me when I say this, the Cavs didn’t tank at all.

You guys had Tristan Thompson running point for the final 5 minutes of the season and you are saying that the Cavaliers were *trying* to win the game?

That’s what you’re referring to? The last game of the season? You do realize the Cavs were guaranteed home court advantage no matter what, right? You’re racing with this one.

Yeah, up 108-102 with 5:55 left JB rolled out point Tristan Thompson in an obvious attempt to lose the game.

They scored 2 points in the rest of the game and lost 120-110.

All I was responding to was that a poster was surprised the Magic had the votes they had. I informed him that the Cavaliers had just blatantly tanked the final minutes of the season in order to guarantee they played the Magic, which they did. They lost on purpose as directed by their coach, and that's unpopular.

This isn't news, NBA twitter was losing it while it was happening.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KazuoOda
Rookie
And1: 1,368

Post#94 » by KazuoOda » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:20 am

Aint no body worried about Orlando
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#95 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:21 am

Mad Guru wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:You guys had Tristan Thompson running point for the final 5 minutes of the season and you are saying that the Cavaliers were *trying* to win the game?

That’s what you’re referring to? The last game of the season? You do realize the Cavs were guaranteed home court advantage no matter what, right? You’re racing with this one.

Yeah, up 108-102 with 5:55 left JB rolled out point Tristan Thompson in an obvious attempt to lose the game.

They scored 2 points in the rest of the game and lost 120-110.

All I was responding to was that a poster was surprised the Magic had the votes they had. I informed him that the Cavaliers had just blatantly tanked the final minutes of the season in order to guarantee they played the Magic, which they did. They lost on purpose as directed by their coach, and that's unpopular.

This isn't news, NBA twitter was losing it while it was happening.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I didn’t watch this game, so I’m going to have to take your word for it. But with that said, I still don’t really see this as someone intentionally throwing a game. Again, I don’t know, I didn’t watch it. Someone who did will obviously have much better input to provide than me.

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#96 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:22 am

KazuoOda wrote:Aint no body worried about Orlando

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#97 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:23 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:

Lol our experience this season has been to never count out "supposed" injured players out. They are usually the one who " willis reed" and beat us.

I kind of just picture them salivating at the thought of facing us and extending their NBA careers at our expense.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#98 » by RookieStar » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:24 am

BTW... is TT still juicing? Lol doesnt he have enough money already and just retire?
KazuoOda
Rookie
And1: 1,368

Post#99 » by KazuoOda » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:26 am

SOUL wrote:
KazuoOda wrote:Aint no body worried about Orlando

If I'm being honest, I have 0 faith in the Cavs and this coach. A better coached Cavs should win this series though....

The problem is, a well coached Cavs team does not exist.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#100 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:34 am

RookieStar wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Lol our experience this season has been to never count out "supposed" injured players out. They are usually the one who " willis reed" and beat us.

I kind of just picture them salivating at the thought of facing us and extending their NBA careers at our expense.
Even if healthy, jb won't play him. I'd be more worried about Strus or Niang going on a streak and knocking in a bunch of 3s.

Return to The General Board