Let's talk Jalen Brunson foul baiting

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

How egregious is Jalen Brunson foul baiting?

Embiid/Harden, Top level
23%
Giannis/Doncic/SGA level
15%
Lillard/Butler/AD level
24%
Average star
20%
Below average
6%
What Foul baiting?
10%

Total votes: 143

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,501

Re: Let's talk Jalen Brunson foul baiting 

Post#81 » by durden_tyler » Fri May 3, 2024 11:18 pm

Foul baiting is and will always be part of the game. If you can bend some rules for your advantage, good for you. Brunson's is as egregious as that of (prime) Harden or current Embiid but he's a smart player so he's going to fish for those fouls, especially in crucial moments.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,467

Post#82 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:19 pm

[quote="eyeatoma"][quote="Im Coming Home"][quote="eyeatoma"]People really need to keep that same energy for other players. These same reasons are used when they do similar things, and in some ways not as egregious, and the GB has a meltdown.[/quote]
[tweet]1786431561862135842[/tweet]

Watch this video, it'll educate a lot of you.

If you let Brunson blow by you and you sprint into his back when trying to recover, thats on the defender. Sorry bud, don't let him blow by you.. bad defense shouldn't get rewarded.[/quote]

No, you can't flip your head up into a defender going backwards. That's literally the Trae Young move. I saw the one play they said Batum grabbed his jersey lol, one play. Where else did that happen?[/quote]
:cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,637

Post#83 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 11:27 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Foul baiting is and will always be part of the game. If you can bend some rules for your advantage, good for you. Brunson's is as egregious as that of (prime) Harden or current Embiid but he's a smart player so he's going to fish for those fouls, especially in crucial moments.

That's fine, all I ask is people have the same feelings towards Embiid's foul baiting then. Don't hate the player, hate the game...
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#84 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 11:27 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you let Brunson blow by you and you sprint into his back when trying to recover, thats on the defender. Sorry bud, don't let him blow by you.. bad defense shouldn't get rewarded.

No, you can't flip your head up into a defender going backwards. That's literally the Trae Young move. I saw the one play they said Batum grabbed his jersey lol, one play. Where else did that happen?

Thank you for proving my point. I rest my case.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#85 » by KOA » Fri May 3, 2024 11:28 pm

Crazy thing is that he isn't even getting superstar level calls. Batum/Oubre/Lowry would constantly hand check him, hold him to slow him down from getting free off screens, slap his arm to try to poke away the ball when he drives into the paint, etc.

If you watch ANY of the sixers playoffs games, refs could literally call a foul on every other possession if not more. You might say these would be weak fouls to call, but they impede an offensive players ability way more than some of the other garbage they call.

The cool thing about Brunson is that he makes most of his shots even through the contact. Most of his FTs are and 1s. It's not like some of the floppers that are mentioned here that literally chuck hot garbage just hoping for a foul call.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#86 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:30 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

No, you can't flip your head up into a defender going backwards. That's literally the Trae Young move. I saw the one play they said Batum grabbed his jersey lol, one play. Where else did that happen?

Was your point that you're incredible bitter that Brunson embarrassed your entire team while being doubled and triple teamed the entire series?

Hold that L
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#87 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 11:32 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote: :cry:

Was your point that you're incredible bitter that Brunson embarrassed your entire team while being doubled and triple teamed the entire series?

Hold that L

As everyone wants for JOkic and other players with foul calls, I want consistency. If you call that **** for Brunson, then you can't ignore the 5-10 times Maxey was hacked in that game and throughout the series.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#88 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:34 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Hold that L

As everyone wants for JOkic and other players with foul calls, I want consistency. If you call that **** for Brunson, then you can't ignore the 5-10 times Maxey was hacked in that game and throughout the series.

Embiitch and Maxey got every single call, you couldn't breathe on them. Are u deadass?
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,285

Post#89 » by seren » Fri May 3, 2024 11:34 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Hold that L

I will take 500 for things that didn’t happen.
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,236

Post#90 » by Bob Ross » Fri May 3, 2024 11:35 pm

Good to see this lunatic back. Love an enraged bitter fan
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#91 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:37 pm

seren wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Was your point that you're incredible bitter that Brunson embarrassed your entire team while being doubled and triple teamed the entire series?

Hold that L

Ok seren, you have six chances to win. Oh wait or was that philly? :violin:
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#92 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:39 pm

KOA wrote:Crazy thing is that he isn't even getting superstar level calls. Batum/Oubre/Lowry would constantly hand check him, hold him to slow him down from getting free off screens, slap his arm to try to poke away the ball when he drives into the paint, etc.

If you watch ANY of the sixers playoffs games, refs could literally call a foul on every other possession if not more. You might say these would be weak fouls to call, but they impede an offensive players ability way more than some of the other garbage they call.

The cool thing about Brunson is that he makes most of his shots even through the contact. Most of his FTs are and 1s. It's not like some of the floppers that are mentioned here that literally chuck hot garbage just hoping for a foul call.

To your point, Brunson tries to make the shot through contact when he gets fouled. So is it really foul baiting in this instance? Play better defense. Stay in front of him and don’t get blown by.
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,588

Post#93 » by DaPessimist » Fri May 3, 2024 11:39 pm

The guy is under 6' tall, so foul-baiting has to be a part of his game. Don't let him blow by you, and you won't have to worry about him stopping short.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#94 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 12:18 am

eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

Read on Twitter

Both the same play. Sorry, you can't argue this. It's clear as day.

You realize that Brunson gets the basket on that play right...this is nothing like what Embiid does :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#95 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 12:20 am

LaLover11 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you let Brunson blow by you and you sprint into his back when trying to recover, thats on the defender. Sorry bud, don't let him blow by you.. bad defense shouldn't get rewarded.

True it's the Trae move

It's literally not the Trae Young move, or can you not even see that? :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#96 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 12:23 am

seren wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Was your point that you're incredible bitter that Brunson embarrassed your entire team while being doubled and triple teamed the entire series?

Hold that L

It did if you believe in it hard enough to let go of reality.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#97 » by eyeatoma » Sat May 4, 2024 12:24 am

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Image

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

You realize that Brunson gets the basket on that play right...this is nothing like what Embiid does :lol:

Absolutely not true.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,319

Post#98 » by DaGawd » Sat May 4, 2024 12:25 am

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Absolutely not true.

damn dude it’s almost been 24 hours you still mad???
BaF
Washington Wizards
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#99 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 4, 2024 12:25 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

You keep repeating something thats not true. Sorry. I'll go by the video from the NBA itself explaining the rule. You can keep crying though.

What video?

The video I posted has a video from the NBA inside of it explaining why its a defensive foul..

You replied but didn't even watch the video, thats crazy.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#100 » by eyeatoma » Sat May 4, 2024 12:28 am

DaGawd wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

Absolutely not true.

damn dude it’s almost been 24 hours you still mad???

Aren't you the one coming onto our board trying to say you're coming in peace. LOL...We know what your real agenda is. Enjoy your win, and have fun with the Pacers, you guys deserve it. Despite everything I say, I've got mad respect for the Knicks. I think Brunson is one of the worst foul baiters in the league, but he's a killer, incredibly clutch and a mid range assassin. I see good things for your guys future. Shame the Sixers weren't healthy and the Knicks didn't have Randle. I genuinely think with Randle you guys could upset the Celtics, but IMO it'll be too much without a legit 2nd option. Good luck though.

Return to The General Board