Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him.

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Evenacus
Junior
And1: 223

Re: Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him. 

Post#241 » by Evenacus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:15 pm

Dude looking to become even more unlikable. What the hell is he doing. That must be a flagrant 2, you can see the frustration and lack of self control. What a big child. He won't get far unless the refs let him continue with this bs... :nonono:
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,627

Post#242 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 pm

If the NBA doesn’t take action, do the Knicks?

If you’re a coach, you going to sit there and just let a player attempt to injure your guys all the time? At what point do teams fight back against this stuff?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,494

Post#243 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:If the NBA doesn’t take action, do the Knicks?

If you’re a coach, you going to sit there and just let a player attempt to injure your guys all the time? At what point do teams fight back against this stuff?

If teams acted the way fans wished, there wouldn't be any players left to play.
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,381

Post#244 » by rapstarter » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

And at this rate, Knicks won't have anyone left to guard Embiid by the end of this series.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,967

Post#245 » by Duffman100 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 pm

I mean Raptor fans were asking the same thing and then Siakam did a blatant (and dirty) elbow to the face in transition that ruined that post season run for the 76ers. I didn't condone it but I certainly understood the frustration that built up.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#246 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

I mean Raptor fans were asking the same thing and then Siakam didn't a blatant (and dirty) elbow to the face in transition that ruined that post season run for the 76ers. I didn't condone it but I certainly understood the frustration that built up.

As he should.

I don’t have any issues with someone fighting back. If someone is going to be dirty, beat them at their own game.

I don’t wish injuries on anyone. If we’re playing game 7, I want the other teams best players to be healthy. If we lose, it sucks, but the better team won. That said, when I see a player go on the court with the intent to injure players on another team? That player should be taken out.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,458

Post#247 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 pm

cpower wrote:if this is Draymond he is suspended for life. NBA where officiating is based on who you are.

It is quite clearly impossible for Draymond to do anything that would get himself suspended for life.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,407

Post#248 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:Crazy how all these Knick fans got in here ahead of things pretending to be fans of other teams.

Personally I don’t even think those fouls were embiid …#FalseFlag #CrisisActors
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#249 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:54 pm

Dude scores 50 on 19 shots and all people are talking about is a hip check, ball tap and a pull? In the 80’s and 90’s these aren’t even common fouls let alone grounds for ejection. You Embiid haters are softer than toilet paper.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#250 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:58 pm

I'm not a the league-is-rigged guy, but Embiid isn't getting suspended for that. Might another player? Yes, but superstars get more leeway.

Also, when the lower seed is down 2-0 in a series, and they're playing their first game at home, they're almost always going to get a more favorable whistle. I don't think the NBA is managed per se, but there's definitely a pattern that emerges when narratives about the officiating favoring one team start to take hold.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#251 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:00 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I'm not a the league-is-rigged guy, but Embiid isn't getting suspended for that. Might another player? Yes, but superstars get more leeway.

Also, when the lower seed is down 2-0 in a series, and they're playing their first game at home, they're almost always going to get a more favorable whistle. I don't think the NBA is managed per se, but there's definitely a pattern that emerges when narratives about the officiating favoring one team start to take hold.

“I don’t think the league is rigged, but I do think they ref games/players differently based on circumstances.”

:-p
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#252 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:01 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:Dude scores 50 on 19 shots and all people are talking about is a hip check, ball tap and a pull? In the 80’s and 90’s these aren’t even common fouls let alone grounds for ejection. You Embiid haters are softer than toilet paper.

Pretty sure kneeing a guy in the junk has been a foul in every era. Same with grabbing a player's leg while he's going up for a shot and you're laying on the ground. The only difference is they didn't have flagrant fouls back then, but officials have never let that go.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:07 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I'm not a the league-is-rigged guy, but Embiid isn't getting suspended for that. Might another player? Yes, but superstars get more leeway.

“I don’t think the league is rigged, but I do think they ref games/players differently based on circumstances.”

:-p

Inconsistencies when it comes to suspensions isn't the same as the NBA forcing an outcome. It would take a lot for Siakam or Haliburton to get suspended as well. The NBA doesn't want the story to be how key guys getting suspended fundamentally altered a series. You have to put in the work like Draymond and kick/punch a bunch of guys in the balls, multiple times, to unlock that achievement.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,932

Post#254 » by Quattro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:14 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:Dude scores 50 on 19 shots and all people are talking about is a hip check, ball tap and a pull? In the 80’s and 90’s these aren’t even common fouls let alone grounds for ejection. You Embiid haters are softer than toilet paper.

Right. Let's keep pretending that if Robinson did this to Embiid, you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder around here
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,100

Post#255 » by Effigy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:32 pm

Quattro wrote:

Right. Let's keep pretending that if Robinson did this to Embiid, you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder around here

False equivilancy. Embiid is a superstar and MVP. Robinson is a role player. A better comparison would be if Jalen Brunson did something like this to De'Anthony Melton.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,903

Post#256 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:36 pm

very pleased this thread isn’t turning out the way you intended for it to :lol:
BaF
Washington Wizards
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,041

Post#257 » by azcatz11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm

The biggest difference and why Embiid isn't getting the same attention that Dray does is because after Embiid does something dirty he immediately will play the victim to the other players / officials. He also does it to the media directly after the game pretending like everyone is out to get him.

He's basically the worst type of person. At least Draymond is honest about who he is. I've never wished for a player to be injured but this dude makes it really hard....just being honest
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,747

Post#258 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:41 pm

rapstarter wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

And at this rate, Knicks won't have anyone left to guard Embiid by the end of this series.

We're down to 3 of the 4 we started the series with...so I guess that depends on how much longer this series goes :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,747

Post#259 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm

Yeah. Joel should've been tossed by the rules, but the refs were never going to end the defending MVP's season like that...because without Joel, the 6ers are down 0-3 and already planning their vacations and no ref wants "to be responsible" for that; even though they're just enforcing the rules and it's Joel's petulance that was actually responsible.

Star calls are annoying, but they're different from fixing the outcome of a game.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,918

Post#260 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:47 pm

Quattro wrote:

And Robinson would have gotten an F2 and likely another game, if he did the same action and tweaked Embiid's sore knee. That's where the NBA is a joke. It's not an impartial fair athletic contest.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to The General Board