So Westbrook tonight….

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

SweaterBae
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,902

Re: So Westbrook tonight…. 

Post#61 » by SweaterBae » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 pm

Letsgokings wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:He was a great player but he's always been a pos.

He was never a great player. He's a pos who would rather get 30 points 15 assists and 12 rebounds in a loss then contribute 10 points 5 assists and 5 rebounds in a win. He's a Stat padder who steals his own teams rebounds and good lord I've never seen a player make assists look so damn selfish. He's a selfish loser and always has been the only difference now is he is getting older and his elite athleticism is declining.

I didn't want to start any **** so I just went with "great player", but I totally agree.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 290

Post#62 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:When every roleplayer in the league knows what a washed up bum you are

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=pCqBgXy4Nl96v_JY2ffa6w

Highlight reel worthy troll job from PJ. My favorite part was him laughing in Russ’ face, I could really relate with him in that moment.
He would do a Poole punch on you and smile like a Winnie!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,120

Post#63 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am

Swish1906 wrote:What a special performance tonight, don’t know how to put it in words because of the language filter

Dude needs to retire…

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Oddly enough, Westbrook is viewed completely differently; on the court, than he is off the court. 

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 650

Post#64 » by PedroFlu » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 pm

vulture wrote:
PedroFlu wrote:What iirks me is his stupidity. Guy is stupid as a door, and still, as aggressive as a wild animal.

He was important though. He's the guy responsible for showing stats can be void of meaning and need nuance. Ruined tripledoubles forever in the process. No one will ever care again if a stupid player like him can do it.

Lakers Brick is the most destructive player Ive ever seen. Dont care enough to watch him for the Clippers. But Im definitely rooting against him. Prick is multimillionaire though..

We call black players animals now but you would never say about a white player.
Nice one.

Never say never.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,755

Post#65 » by Swish1906 » Thu May 2, 2024 9:10 am

Another stellar night including this:

Read on Twitter

(He was 1-10 at the end)
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,117

Post#66 » by UcanUwill » Thu May 2, 2024 9:15 am

PedroFlu wrote:
vulture wrote:
PedroFlu wrote:What iirks me is his stupidity. Guy is stupid as a door, and still, as aggressive as a wild animal.

He was important though. He's the guy responsible for showing stats can be void of meaning and need nuance. Ruined tripledoubles forever in the process. No one will ever care again if a stupid player like him can do it.

Lakers Brick is the most destructive player Ive ever seen. Dont care enough to watch him for the Clippers. But Im definitely rooting against him. Prick is multimillionaire though..

Nice one.

Never say never.

Are you slow, you can't call out person for acting stupid without someone turning it into racism :banghead: How was him acting like "wild animal" related to his skin color? :banghead: I swear some people find problems anywhere :lol:
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,328

Post#67 » by hippesthippo » Thu May 2, 2024 9:19 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Just a frustrating performance from the Clippers as a whole. Westbrook wears his emotions on his sleeve.

Nice to see someone give a crap from the Clippers side even if Westbrook was dreadful performance wise. A little more heart from rest of the roster and they can get back on track.

That’s the only way Westbrook is able to pretend to belong on the court. Fake wrecking ball hustle

Hes been a wrecking ball his whole career... now he's just less skilled due to age so it can look really bad at times lol.

He still thinks he has it... but he just doesn't. He was nowhere close in that contest lol.

I can't believe he still hasn't changed one iota.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,766

Post#68 » by leolozon » Thu May 2, 2024 9:49 am

Swish1906 wrote:Another stellar night including this:

Read on Twitter

(He was 1-10 at the end)

I couldn’t finish the game. That wasn’t called a foul? What were the refs looking at?
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,409

Post#69 » by robbie84 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:32 am

vulture wrote:

Nice one.

Well there are alot more black players than white players so the chance of calling a white player an 'animal' is much less. But you are completely, categorically wrong. I would 110% call Grayson Allen a dispicable animal.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,149

Post#70 » by Wallace_Wallace » Thu May 2, 2024 12:46 pm

robbie84 wrote:
vulture wrote:

Nice one.

Well there are alot more black players than white players so the chance of calling a white player an 'animal' is much less. But you are completely, categorically wrong. I would 110% call Grayson Allen a dispicable animal.

Would appliances/machines/normal object be less racist? Like the microwave, the fridge, the rock, the bus, the tractor, the glove or Megatron? They were all nicknames to describe an POC athlete.

As far as animals….ever heard of Spida Mitchell? Beastbrook? Cheetah? Tiger Woods? The animal (Dave Batista)? Do those sound more racist?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Post#71 » by Slava » Thu May 2, 2024 1:13 pm

He’s been a parody of a basketball player for three seasons now.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
KayDee35
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,675

Post#72 » by KayDee35 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:29 pm

PedroFlu wrote:
vulture wrote:

Nice one.

Never say never.

Agreed.

I understand that most posters here would be ignorant of the history of dominant groups describing minorities as animals and then treating these humans as such.

There is research into how these dehumanizing attitudes can make violence against the minority group socially acceptable. There is also research showing that some minorities receive significantly longer sentences for similar crimes. And women receive far shorter sentences than men do...

These outcomes are largely due to how we speak within our culture.

The well educated have been aware of these issues and have been making change. The poorly educated aren't aware of the issue because they have their own problems. And even if they were aware they are unable to comprehend it due to their limited cognitive skills.

I didn't like what Westbrook did. But I find describing him as a "wild animal" to be ignorant.

And the subsequent excuses and defense of this ignorant language are flimsy and unconvincing. They do nothing but demonstrate that the person is sorely lacking in knowledge and mental acuity. And sadly, those are often essential ingredients for change.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,755

Post#73 » by Swish1906 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:51 pm

Fun fact: in Germany animal is actually used as a compliment for a big/strong/jacked guy.

„whoa was für ein Tier“ you would say seeing Steven Adams or Zion. Or a bodybuilder. Or a boxer. Zero racism attached to it.
BobbyPortisEyes
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,846

Post#74 » by BobbyPortisEyes » Thu May 2, 2024 2:04 pm

Swish1906 wrote:Fun fact: in Germany animal is actually used as a compliment for a big/strong/jacked guy.

„whoa was für ein Tier“ you would say seeing Steven Adams or Zion. Or a bodybuilder. Or a boxer. Zero racism attached to it.
It's the same in English.
hauntedcomputer wrote:Jokic is just a stranger dribbling a basketball. The humility bit could well be a carefully crafted business model for all we know. It's actually getting as tiresome as egotistical bloviating at this point. "Look at me, look how humble I am!!"
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,100

Post#75 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu May 2, 2024 2:48 pm

I can't put into words how much I enjoy watching him fail.
Petergrifindor
Rookie
And1: 1,496

Post#76 » by Petergrifindor » Thu May 2, 2024 3:00 pm

BobbyPortisEyes wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:Fun fact: in Germany animal is actually used as a compliment for a big/strong/jacked guy.

It's the same in English.

And in spanish.

Cristiano Ronaldo was constantly called an animal while playing for Madrid, and for great plays, like his famous goal against the Juventus we use “animalada”.

Here they call him “animal beast” 5 or 6 times.

You can also use it like an insult if you want to call someone a brute, or to signal that he doesn’t do things with care.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,931

Post#77 » by Quattro » Thu May 2, 2024 3:36 pm

KayDee35 wrote:
PedroFlu wrote:
vulture wrote:
Nice one.

Never say never.

Agreed.

I understand that most posters here would be ignorant of the history of dominant groups describing minorities as animals and then treating these humans as such.

There is research into how these dehumanizing attitudes can make violence against the minority group socially acceptable. There is also research showing that some minorities receive significantly longer sentences for similar crimes. And women receive far shorter sentences than men do...

The well educated have been aware of these issues and have been making change. The poorly educated aren't aware of the issue because they have their own problems. And even if they were aware they are unable to comprehend it due to their limited cognitive skills.

I didn't like what Westbrook did. But I find describing him as a "wild animal" to be ignorant.

And the subsequent excuses and defense of this ignorant language are flimsy and unconvincing. They do nothing but demonstrate that the person is sorely lacking in knowledge and mental acuity. And sadly, those are often essential ingredients for change.

I like how you argue "words matter" but then proceed to call poor people and people who disagree with your point of view dumb.
DavidSterned
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,233

Post#78 » by DavidSterned » Thu May 2, 2024 3:49 pm

KayDee35 wrote:
PedroFlu wrote:
vulture wrote:
Nice one.

Never say never.

Agreed.

So many levels of cringe here.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,396

Post#79 » by levon » Thu May 2, 2024 3:53 pm

"He always plays hard maximum effort all the time"

Everyone in the media is expected to recite his epitaph whenever he does anything.
SomeBunghole
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,532

Post#80 » by SomeBunghole » Thu May 2, 2024 4:09 pm

levon wrote:"He always plays hard maximum effort all the time"

Everyone in the media is expected to recite his epitaph whenever he does anything.

Which is really the best summary of the guy and his career, though perhaps not the compliment it would seem at first.

Or to put it in different words, the man can only really play at 100 and doesn't really know how to play at 80. Which has been his undoing and which is why things worked out the way they worked out for him.

Return to The General Board