The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 387

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#481 » by Ian Scuffling » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:27 am

DorianRo wrote:
Ian Scuffling wrote:
DorianRo wrote:Ehh... The team has just given up after Game 2 . .. But when their "leader" says, "its just basketball" and looks checked out what can you expect?

It IS just basketball...and how does he look "checked out"? And I'm sorry, even if true, it isn't, we're not talking elementary or high school kids. These are professional adults, who are being paid millions of dollars to do a job. The fault lies with them for not doing their jobs, not on the "leader". Now, don't get caught up with this, we'll agree to disagree, but again, how has he looked "checked out"?

Well.. If its "just basketball" clearly it isn't that important and they shouldn't be getting paid these BS overinflated salaries. I mean NBA players get paid like 10x more than any other pro league. Hes admitting his own profession is pointless.

How does he look checked out. Well He isn't playing much D and he hasn't boxed out one player since. Which is why AG Is getting Rodman rebounds and 29-30 point games. AG. I mean come on. They're making him look like a superstar

Pretty much everything you said was wrong. That's really kind of hard to do.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,427

Post#482 » by EmpireFalls » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:28 am

This would really be an interesting series if not for multiple factors coalescing for a gigantic choke and all time collapse in Game 2.
Ian Scuffling
Junior

Post#483 » by Ian Scuffling » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 am

homecourtloss wrote:
Statlanta wrote:The LeBron eruption is actually why I believe it is hard for teams to win against champions. Something like that would ruin a team especially a young team. The Lakers were fortunate that they mostly blew the Nuggets out behind both Reaves and Russell showing up.

Yes, they’re “fortunate that they mostly blew out” the Nuggets. :lol: Do haters even read what they write before going to the hate?

And damn, so they're "lucky" because the role players played well? Make it make sense. Yes, the guards played well. And AD and James played great. That's how you win against good teams.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,767

Post#484 » by nzahir » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 am

GSP wrote:La is shooting 5% better from the field, 3% better from 3 for the series, have a 5% higher ts and have led for 136 mins of the series

Jokic is best player but Ad and Bron are BY FAR the 2nd and 3rd best players. Murray isnt playing like Steph like he was last year and Denver doesnt have Bruce Brown or Jeff Green they got 5 bench points tonight

Dont look now but La could do the 0-3. Dont doubt Goat James

Sucks that we have outplayed them and are down 3-1....but Denver better not let us win game 5.....

Imagine Jamal's knee has an issue or Jokic turns that ankle...
Ian Scuffling
Junior

Post#485 » by Ian Scuffling » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 am

thebigbird wrote:
DorianRo wrote:
Ian Scuffling wrote:
It IS just basketball...and how does he look "checked out"? And I'm sorry, even if true, it isn't, we're not talking elementary or high school kids. These are professional adults, who are being paid millions of dollars to do a job. The fault lies with them for not doing their jobs, not on the "leader". Now, don't get caught up with this, we'll agree to disagree, but again, how has he looked "checked out"?

Well.. If its "just basketball" clearly it isn't that important and they shouldn't be getting paid these BS overinflated salaries. I mean NBA players get paid like 10x more than any other pro league. Hes admitting his own profession is pointless.

How does he look checked out. Well He isn't playing much D and he hasn't boxed out one player since. Which is why AG Is getting Rodman rebounds and 29-30 point games. AG. I mean come on. They're making him look like a superstar

The fact you’re saying he “isn’t playing much D” during a series in which he’s been playing outstanding defense shows you’re just in here to repeat recycled talking points completely detached from reality.

Well said. Also like the "Which is why AG Is getting Rodman rebounds and 29-30 point games" comment. He had 7, 12 and 14 the other games. They just lie to lie. It's really pathetic.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,192

Post#486 » by donnieme » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am

GSP wrote:La is shooting 5% better from the field, 3% better from 3 for the series, have a 5% higher ts and have led for 136 mins of the series

Jokic is best player but Ad and Bron are BY FAR the 2nd and 3rd best players. Murray isnt playing like Steph like he was last year and Denver doesnt have Bruce Brown or Jeff Green they got 5 bench points tonight

Oh look, the one glaring weakness that persisted all season carried over to the playoffs. I wonder who could have seen that coming. Last year shouldn't have been a sweep either.

As bad as Ham is the burden of letting him go isn't his. He cant remove himself. It's on Jeannie and Pelinka. My impression on Jeannie is she refuses to sell, not for the love but because she cares more about the celebrity status of being Lakers owner because she clearly can't afford to fund an every season playoff team. Lakers basically threw away the season over the most easily fixable role.
DorianRo
Senior
And1: 619

Post#487 » by DorianRo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am

Denver isn’t really good this year either. I bet they don’t even make it out of the west
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,468

Post#488 » by RRR3 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:51 am

What a surprise they won the game where they actually ran offense in the second half.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,766

Post#489 » by homecourtloss » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 am

DorianRo wrote:Denver isn’t really good this year either. I bet they don’t even make it out of the west

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haters are just something else.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
nzahir
RealGM

Post#490 » by nzahir » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:00 am

homecourtloss wrote:
DorianRo wrote:Denver isn’t really good this year either. I bet they don’t even make it out of the west

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny enough, they have been a bit unimpressive or we are actually pretty good

We have led for roughly 135 min vs 42 min. 17 min are tied....
nzahir
RealGM

Post#491 » by nzahir » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 am

Denver once again shoots more fts. 25-18 and this is considering Lebron and AD are attacking much more often

What a joke

And as usual, Lebron has one of the worst whistles of all time for a superstar. Refs need to be investigated for the last 14 years

Djoker
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#492 » by Djoker » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 am

Joking aside, Denver actually hasn't shot the ball well. They are 37/134 (27.6%) from 3pt land. Of course LA hasn't been much better with 34/112 (30.4%) from 3pt land but still better. Denver has won games based on having more possessions; winning the rebounding battle and having fewer turnovers thus getting more shots at the basket. Tonight that didn't happen and LA won.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,766

Post#493 » by homecourtloss » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:18 am

nzahir wrote:Denver once again shoots more fts. 25-18 and this is considering Lebron and AD are attacking much more often

What a joke

And as usual, Lebron has one of the worst whistles of all time for a superstar. Refs need to be investigated for the last 14 years

:lol: Grabbed by two players out in the middle of action and no call. Not everyone can get the ‘96-‘98 Jordan touch foul whistle on 16 foot fadeaways.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,127

Post#494 » by Colbinii » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:56 am

Replay the first 4 games of this series 100 times and it's either 3-1 or 2-2 Lakers in a majority of simulations. Such incredible play and game plan by LeBron and AD.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,468

Post#495 » by RRR3 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 am

Colbinii wrote:Replay the first 4 games of this series 100 times and it's either 3-1 or 2-2 Lakers in a majority of simulations. Such incredible play and game plan by LeBron and AD.

You underestimate how bad Ham is.

I’m just glad LeBron got 1 lol.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Post#496 » by Slava » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:01 am

homecourtloss wrote:

I do think Minnesota’s ball pressure on the perimeter and depth will severely test them. Denver can’t win by shooting like they have in this series as they can’t bank on winning the second chance points against Minnesota.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,777

Post#497 » by Peregrine01 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:21 am

Slava wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

I do think Minnesota’s ball pressure on the perimeter and depth will severely test them. Denver can’t win by shooting like they have in this series as they can’t bank on winning the second chance points against Minnesota.

It's not such a leap to think that Minny goes all the way. The trio of McDaniels, Edwards and NAW have made it hard for the Suns just to get the ball past half-court. Meanwhile, Murray has really struggled against the defense of Austin Reaves. If anything, I think they should be favored given how dominant they've looked.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,136

Post#498 » by AmIWrongDude » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 am

nzahir wrote:Denver once again shoots more fts. 25-18 and this is considering Lebron and AD are attacking much more often

What a joke

I just watched the game and dude I can’t imagine the complaining that would be happening if it was reversed. It would be insane.

I don’t ever want to hear people talk about refs trying to extend a series again because this is basically proof against that. Down 3-0 at home and the Lakers got shafted. The reffing easily could have caused a loss for LA if they weren’t playing at such a high level.

Game was a blowout in reality. People would be screaming from the rooftops if roles were reversed.
K9J
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#499 » by K9J » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 am

If lakers still playing agressive to the rim and driving 90% of possessions, the 0-3 its possible, the problem ll come when the game is tied for last 2-5 minutes and denver adjust the defense to close the paint and lakers have to pass to the open shooter..if reaves,prince,hachimura or russell miss the threes and then denver hit a contested three as they did last year in each game, its impossible the come back...
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,256

Post#500 » by ardee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:17 am

Colbinii wrote:Replay the first 4 games of this series 100 times and it's either 3-1 or 2-2 Lakers in a majority of simulations. Such incredible play and game plan by LeBron and AD.

Those two play like this against literally any other team in the league and the Lakers lead 3-1 after 4. No doubt in my mind.

Return to Player Comparisons