Re: 2023 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#301 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:10 am

Read on Twitter
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#302 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:38 am

Getting rid of Collin's and Hunter's horrible contracts even for just cap space would be an amazing move!!!
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,010

Post#303 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:27 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mentioned the Hawks Rumor re #15 plus vet.....

jayu70 wrote:
D21 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Who is the best player the Hawks can get for an on-court UPGRADE by combining #15 plus one of our vets: CC, JC, Dre.or Bogi. Not salary dumps, not picks.....an established player.

If we want to really get more playing options and a less foreseeable offense? easily Capela
But I would try first to trade him without the 15th pick, and keep it for another trade if possible
I get all that, I'm asking, who is the best player(s) that upgrades the team the Hawks can get for any of these trades if the elected to trade #15 plus a vet!

#15 plus CC = ?

#15 plus JC = ?

#15 plus Dre = ?

#15 plus Bogi = ?
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#304 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:40 am

Who would be okay with a Trae for Scoot trade?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#305 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:43 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,443

Post#306 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:33 am

If Hawks do get pick 7 I'm thinking their guy will be Hendrix.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,188

Post#307 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:57 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Son of Pacers legend Dale Davis, I see the Pacers taking him at #29 or #32.

Read on Twitter

I still hope the Hawks draft Sensabaugh but i wouldn't be upset with TJD or Cason
I like Sensabaugh if we trade down/in to the late first to draft him.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,688

Post#308 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:06 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Who would be okay with a Trae for Scoot trade?

I foresee the same concerns of a Scoot/Lamelo backcourt. Both need the ball to be most effective.

I've come to the conclusion that the ideal archetype for a backcourt mate next to Trae is a Klay klone: a long, tall elite 3&D wing to space the floor and take on difficult perimeter matchups.

In this draft class, that's Dariq Whitehead, Colby Jones or Ben Sheppard.

The star scorer for this team would ideally be one of the forwards.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#309 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:39 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:Who would be okay with a Trae for Scoot trade?

I foresee the same concerns of a Scoot/Lamelo backcourt. Both need the ball to be most effective.

I've come to the conclusion that the ideal archetype for a backcourt mate next to Trae is a Klay klone: a long, tall elite 3&D wing to space the floor and take on difficult perimeter matchups.

In this draft class, that's Dariq Whitehead, Colby Jones or Ben Sheppard.

The star scorer for this team would ideally be one of the forwards.
Will Trae be content not being the leading scorer of the team? I have a difficult time believing he would.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#310 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:01 pm

HMFFL wrote:Will Trae be content not being the leading scorer of the team? I have a difficult time believing he would.

That's the Million Dollar question.

I'm hoping he's been humbled and will take a step back to truly contend for titles.
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#311 » by D21 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:19 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Will Trae be content not being the leading scorer of the team? I have a difficult time believing he would.

That's the Million Dollar question.

I'm hoping he's been humbled and will take a step back to truly contend for titles.

Yes, and if he likes records too much, then he should try to beat a 20pts/15ast record instead of the 30pts/10ast
If Nash was the PG that inspired him, it's time to start playing a little bit like him
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#312 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:45 pm

If I'm the Portland GM, i would seriously look into Lillard for Jaylen Brown and #3 for Trae

Scoots' floor is Steve Francis, but his ceiling could be 2021 Ja Morant

Trae i think is already very very close to his ceiling already, which is Iverson and not Curry. Iverson is great an all but its hard to build a championship team with him.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#313 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:49 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:If I'm the Portland GM, i would seriously look into Lillard for Jaylen Brown and #3 for Trae

If Zion is ready to play Portland should focus on reading for him. I don't see many options that puts Portland over. Lillard will need to play 60 games, even if it's difficult for me to do so, and obviously Zion's head needs to be in the game. I mainly believe Zion never cared for New Orleans.

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#314 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:52 pm

HMFFL wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:If I'm the Portland GM, i would seriously look into Lillard for Jaylen Brown and #3 for Trae

If Zion is ready to play Portland should focus on reading for him. I don't see many options that puts Portland over. Lillard will need to play 60 games, even if it's difficult for me to do so, and obviously Zion's head needs to be in the game. I mainly believe Zion never cared for New Orleans.

Everybody is worried about Zion's head and worth ethic, but i'm not. I'm not concern about his work ethic, i'm more concern about his glass body. I said this when he was at Duke and its holding true now, Zion has a body like Derrick Rose, which is super injury prone and a very very short shelf life.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#315 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:05 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:

Everybody is worried about Zion's head and worth ethic, but i'm not. I'm not concern about his work ethic, i'm more concern about his glass body. I said this when he was at Duke and its holding true now, Zion has a body like Derrick Rose, which is super injury prone and a very very short shelf life.

It's both his body and work ethic to get his body right are the problems. Fine he gets jnjured - I see the not showing up for rehab as more problematic.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#316 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:17 pm

D21
Lead Assistant

Post#317 » by D21 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:25 am

Trae i think is already very very close to his ceiling already, which is Iverson and not Curry. Iverson is great an all but its hard to build a championship team with him.

Don't forget that Curry is not the only reference here, over the last 40 years, other PGs won one or several titles and were at least one time Finals MVP:
Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, but only Curry the last 16 years and a game with more 3pts shots.
If 3pts shots is needed, Trae has no problem with that.
He won't defend like Thomas or Billups, he's not as tall as and built like Magic, and even not as Curry, but he can definitely play like Parker who has several NBA titles, except that Parker was playing with a lot of IQ, he never played like he was on a pickup game or an All Star game, and never played for records, Ginobili was the same even if a bit more crazy in his playing style, Duncan didn't care of records, nobody cared in SAS, only the NBA title was their goal.
Even Iverson who ended up in the Finals (and would have got Finals MVP title if they had won) didn't care about records and only wanted to win.
Everybody needs to play smarter in this team, and it starts with Trae
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#318 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:23 am

D21 wrote:

Don't forget that Curry is not the only reference here, over the last 40 years, other PGs won one or several titles and were at least one time Finals MVP:
Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, but only Curry the last 16 years and a game with more 3pts shots.
He won't defend like Thomas or Billups, he's not as tall as and built like Magic, and even not as Curry, but he can definitely play like Parker who has several NBA titles, except that Parker was playing with a lot of IQ, he never played like he was on a pickup game or an All Star game, and never played for records, Ginobili was the same even if a bit more crazy in his playing style, Duncan didn't care of records, nobody cared in SAS, only the NBA title was their goal.
Even Iverson who ended up in the Finals (and would have got Finals MVP title if they had won) didn't care about records and only wanted to win.

Well Parker is not a good comparison to Trae. Parker had the greatest PF of all time for most of his career. If you put Giannis on the Hawks right now with Trae, I think Hawks will be just fine getting to the Finals.
D21
Lead Assistant

Post#319 » by D21 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:24 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
D21 wrote:

Well Parker is not a good comparison to Trae. Parker had the greatest PF of all time for most of his career. If you put Giannis on the Hawks right now with Trae, I think Hawks will be just fine getting to the Finals.

I was not exactly comparing the talents, but more the attitude.
And I'm not sure that just putting Giannis with Trae would work with anybody else on the roster... better or not on offense, and on defense, I don't see Holiday playing for stats or records

Trae has already show he can make smart decisions on the court, he just need to avoid some bad decision, and avoid thinking about 30pts/10ast games
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#320 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:56 pm

D21 wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:
D21 wrote:

I was not exactly comparing the talents, but more the attitude.
And I'm not sure that just putting Giannis with Trae would work with anybody else on the roster... better or not on offense, and on defense, I don't see Holiday playing for stats or records

Trae has already show he can make smart decisions on the court, he just need to avoid some bad decision, and avoid thinking about 30pts/10ast games

I watched the Heat Bucks series and the Bucks were just playing dumb basketball at the end of games. For some reason Holiday and Middleton were not closing out games and still giving the ball to GA to make a play, and then the Heat would just foul GA and he would miss free throws. Bucks just lost because they didn't have a closer like Trae.

GA and Trae could do a Shaq and Kobe thing where Shaq gets touches early in the game, but then Kobe closes the game.

Return to Atlanta Hawks