ImageImageImage

Heat Scorch C's From 3! Game 2 Loss vs MIA 4/24 (Series tied 1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,584

Re: Heat Scorch C's From 3! Game 2 Loss vs MIA 4/24 (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#381 » by Tyakack » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 pm

I'm really anxious for the next few games. That will really let me know if it's really, "Different here".
Above The Rim
Sophomore
And1: 157

Post#382 » by Above The Rim » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 pm

The more I think about it… Mazzulla will never adjust his game plan to account for the possibly of 23-43 from 3 unless the Heat win 2 more this way. At most he’d sub out Pritchard for a taller Brissett to get a hand in their faces. Highly doubt we see anything different Saturday.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,788

Post#383 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 pm

Green89 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Now that the first wave of venting is over, everyone remember the 2007-2008 Boston Celtics went 7 games to beat the Hawks in the first round on their way to Banner 17.

Let’s Go Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They didn't lose any home games in that series with the Hawks.

That is what people seem to be forgetting. I believe that team only lost one home game in the playoffs and that was against the Pistons.

This JB and JT lead team has been notoriously bad at home in the playoffs. Add in Joe seemingly have zero clue how to make adjustments on defense this could be a long series if Miami keeps hitting threes.
*Insert witty signature here.*
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,133

Post#384 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm

31to6 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
31to6 wrote:Ranking the players by their performances last night:
Top 2: the Jays
3 through at least 8: all Heat.
That’s not a winning formula.

If you gave Jaylen and Jayson 6 of the 20 something shots Jrue and KP got, we would have probably won the game. Heat had nothing for either one but we insisted on giving Pritchard the ball so he could dribble baseline and back for 15 seconds or KP in the post so he could fumble the ball off his knee with Duncan Robinson guarding him.

Jrue is mostly getting what he wants in the paint this series, though he missed several bunnies in G1. Porzingis has to produce more than 1-9 with several turnovers. They tried to get him going the first couple possessions of the 3rd and of course it (somewhat surprisingly?) didn’t work. We spent all season saying he’d make the difference against MIA and that wasn’t what we meant!

As for Pritch, he was trying to make things happen, but the Heat aren’t going to give him baseline drive-layups like the April Wiz and Hornets were. He only burned a couple of possessions doing that and I’m not mad about it.

Yes, each Jay going for 40 in a close win would have been better than the outcome we got. But they’ve been an ensemble team all season and this was the first playoff game where it didn’t work. Recharge and try it again in G3.

PP and Sam Hauser provided more defensive effort than the starters
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,254

Post#385 » by tfribs45 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Green89 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Now that the first wave of venting is over, everyone remember the 2007-2008 Boston Celtics went 7 games to beat the Hawks in the first round on their way to Banner 17.

Let’s Go Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They didn't lose any home games in that series with the Hawks.

That is what people seem to be forgetting. I believe that team only lost one home game in the playoffs and that was against the Pistons.

This JB and JT lead team has been notoriously bad at home in the playoffs. Add in Joe seemingly have zero clue how to make adjustments on defense this could be a long series if Miami keeps hitting threes.

You can't compare this group to the 08 team lol. 08 had grit and ba!!s, but this group lacks the passion/heart/mental toughness to weather any storms. Love him or hate em, Mahcuss Smahhhht gave it his all from beginning to the final second of every game..... This group lacks toughness/heart/passion, the playoffs are a different level! time to step it up, yesterdays game felt like a regular season game on our end as the Heat did everything they wanted throughout. The C's were out of sync from the tip
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,626

Post#386 » by jirrit » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 pm

You need an experienced vet to call em out bigtime. Instead of trying to make a dollar from every 90 cent you have we should have concentrated on signing one or two end of bench vets who can get in their ears cause the coach is a pussy and the Jays aren’t alpha enough.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,133

Post#387 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 pm

jirrit wrote:You need an experienced vet to call em out bigtime. Instead of trying to make a dollar from every 90 cent you have we should have concentrated on signing one or two end of bench vets who can get in their ears cause the coach is a pussy and the Jays aren’t alpha enough.

They had a coach that called them out and they still did the same ****.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,858

Post#388 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

And I don’t want to hear “he needs to demand it”, players aren’t going to hijack the offense. It’s on Joe and the staff to ride him.

Instead, he got 11 less touches than in game 1, which can’t happen. Joe pulling him at his usual 6 minute mark in the first, after Tatum went on a 10-0 run? We were up 14-9 and going on a run, it’s horrid feel for the game by Mazzulla. It’s the playoffs, not a January game against some bum team, need to adjust.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,696

Post#389 » by Homerclease » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

And I don’t want to hear “he needs to demand it”, players aren’t going to hijack the offense. It’s on Joe and the staff to ride him.

Instead, he got 11 less touches than in game 1, which can’t happen. Joe pulling him at his usual 6 minute mark in the first, after Tatum went on a 10-0 run? We were up 14-9 and going on a run, it’s horrid feel for the game by Mazzulla. It’s the playoffs, not a January game against some bum team, need to adjust.

He did it in the third quarter when they were down 75-70 as well. Miami immediately pushed the lead up to 82-70 and he had to bring Tatum back in. Tatum is the star here, the best player in the series. Play him ffs Joe
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#390 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm

Homerclease wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He did it in the third quarter when they were down 75-70 as well. Miami immediately pushed the lead up to 82-70 and he had to bring Tatum back in. Tatum is the star here, the best player in the series. Play him ffs Joe

He’s playing big minutes anyways lol, just at the wrong times last night. Joe had a brutal game, near zero adjustments.

People all season said “we will go as far as Tatum takes us”, well the team needs to commit to it. It seemed like the offensive hierarchy existed early-mid season, but the last month or two, it’s been pretty equal opportunity. That will beat the meh teams, but the offense needs to be more consistently run through him if we’re going to win a title.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,726

Post#391 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 pm

Guess it depends on who you ask.

I believe in Tatum and agree with putting more of the burden on him in the playoffs.

But there are those who say Tatum is not an alpha and he's inconsistent.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,571

Post#392 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:**** LOL at acting like the decision was down to Brad.

I don’t blame Brad either. I know some cuck up high in the franchise had has little dirty cuck fingers all over that decision. A decision that benefits NOBODY on this franchise.

An NBA team cannot be seen to be covering up clear breaches of workplace policies especially when we’re talking about sexual relationships and comments.

The Celtics didn’t want lawsuits popping up.

Udoka **** up and made his position untenable. End of story.

BS. Some upper management cuck got his feelings hurt and that’s that. I know it, you know it, everybody knows. If he had slept with the cleaners wife it would never have even surfaced. PC clowns win again..
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#393 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Guess it depends on who you ask.

I believe in Tatum and agree with putting more of the burden on him in the playoffs.

Inconsistent Tatum is looong gone.

And non alphas don’t drop 46 and 51 in playoff elimination games. That’s just the facts though, they don’t do well here.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#394 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Guess it depends on who you ask.

Inconsistent Tatum is looong gone.

And non alphas don’t drop 46 and 51 in playoff elimination games.

100% agree with you on that.

But if I was the one saying that, I would be accused of trolling.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,571

Post#395 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm

31to6 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
31to6 wrote:Ranking the players by their performances last night:
Top 2: the Jays
3 through at least 8: all Heat.
That’s not a winning formula.

If you gave Jaylen and Jayson 6 of the 20 something shots Jrue and KP got, we would have probably won the game. Heat had nothing for either one but we insisted on giving Pritchard the ball so he could dribble baseline and back for 15 seconds or KP in the post so he could fumble the ball off his knee with Duncan Robinson guarding him.

Jrue is mostly getting what he wants in the paint this series, though he missed several bunnies in G1. Porzingis has to produce more than 1-9 with several turnovers. They tried to get him going the first couple possessions of the 3rd and of course it (somewhat surprisingly?) didn’t work. We spent all season saying he’d make the difference against MIA and that wasn’t what we meant!

As for Pritch, he was trying to make things happen, but the Heat aren’t going to give him baseline drive-layups like the April Wiz and Hornets were. He only burned a couple of possessions doing that and I’m not mad about it.

Yes, each Jay going for 40 in a close win would have been better than the outcome we got. But they’ve been an ensemble team all season and this was the first playoff game where it didn’t work. Recharge and try it again in G3.

It doesn’t work because Spo takes your best qualities away. He will never let us beat them 2 or 3 times the way we like to beat teams. We are going to have to change up or we might even lose this series.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,763

Post#396 » by BK_2020 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 pm

chrisab123 wrote:2nd year in a row I'd rather have Caleb Martin than Jaylen Brown when it counts. How do the Heat keep finding guys like him and Robinson?

Caleb Martin was a Hornets find and he signed a MLE deal with the Heat.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#397 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 pm

I will allow any and all criticism of Joe.

Also, can we start a petition for no more TNT games? Feels like almost every loss this season came on their games.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#398 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

It doesn’t work because Spo takes your best qualities away. He will never let us beat them 2 or 3 times the way we like to beat teams. We are going to have to change up or we might even lose this series.

Careful, one week from now this series could be over and thinking Miami wins this series is just ridiculous.
Bird84
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,167

Post#399 » by Bird84 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:41 pm

Did the bear Jimmy poked happen to have a red shirt and want to eat honey all day?
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,615

Post#400 » by GrandTheftRondo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:43 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
I don’t blame Brad either. I know some cuck up high in the franchise had has little dirty cuck fingers all over that decision. A decision that benefits NOBODY on this franchise.

An NBA team cannot be seen to be covering up clear breaches of workplace policies especially when we’re talking about sexual relationships and comments.

The Celtics didn’t want lawsuits popping up.

Udoka **** up and made his position untenable. End of story.

BS. Some upper management cuck got his feelings hurt and that’s that. I know it, you know it, everybody knows. If he had slept with the cleaners wife it would never have even surfaced. PC clowns win again..

Nope.

Just like any workplace, there are policies in place and breaking them jeopardises your employment.

Ime was a dumb ass and forced their hands to prevent lawsuits.

Return to Boston Celtics