Help! Rate my team

Moderator: TyCobb

float1ng1nspace
Ballboy
And1: 0

Help! Rate my team 

Post#1 » by float1ng1nspace » Thu May 3, 2007 3:23 pm

I'm currently in a 14 team mixed keeper league (I will be able to carry over 3 batters and 3 pitchers next year). The league is H2H and below are the categories:

R H HR RBI SB BB AVG W L SV K HLD ERA WHIP

My team is currently ranked third (thanks to beating up on a few bad teams), but reality is setting in. My offense has been under performing and my pitching staff is unreliable. I just joined this board and would appreciate any help/suggetions.

C Russel Martin
1B Albert Pujols
2B Robinson Cano
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Michael Cuddyer
OF Corey Patterson
UTL Adam Lind
BN Alex Gordon
BN Chad Tracy

SP Matt Cain
SP Brad Penny
RP JJ Putz
RP Takashi Saito
P Scott Linebrink
P Jason Hirsh
P Tim Wakefield
P Gil Meche
P John Patterson
P Daniel Cabrera
DL Rich Harden

Thanks!
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#2 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 3, 2007 7:45 pm

If you can only carry over three hitters and pitchers, I
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
float1ng1nspace
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by float1ng1nspace » Fri May 4, 2007 3:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

There are some decent free agents on the market. I must say I was very disappointed that I was one waiver ranking short of picking up Felix Hernandex (don't ask me why he got dropped, its the mystery of our league) and I was an hour late on picking up Lincecum. I do have an additional DL spot open, as have been pondering picking up Jon Lester, but I am not certain who I would drop (Gordon is a great prospect, but he is doing nothing for me). According to the league rankings, the top 10 batters available are:

Mike Lowell, Khalil Greene, Shane Victorino, Craig Biggio, Ryan Church, Ross Gload, Nick Markakis, Ty Wigginton, Darin Erstad, Cody Ross

For SP - Braden Looper, Jorge De La Rosa, Robinson Tejeda, Rodrigo Lopez, Jason Bergmann, Wilfredo Ledezma, Scott Downs, Chris Sampson, Juan Cruz, and Claudio Vargas.

I had initially drafted Coco Crisp, but dropped him because of his lack of production, is he worth giving another shot? I've also got my eye on Hunter Pence (but I think Lind is a better option since Pence isn't going to be an everyday player in Houston) and Homer Bailey.

I was thinking about trading Zimmerman, but I dont know how much trade value he has with the way he's been playing. What tier of SP do you think I should target if I try to trade him?

Thanks again for your advice!
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#4 » by Basketball Jesus » Fri May 4, 2007 3:38 pm

I
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.

Return to Fantasy Baseball